Back again

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
(Do you want to be open or closed???)

Patricia was glad to be back at Hogwarts, the summer had seemed to drag in with nothing interesting. The only highlights, and they were pretty good highlights, was seeing her best friend Bianca again after a whole year and seeing Jude a few times. As if nothing had changed Patricia found herself wondering down to the lakefront to her spot under her favourite tree. For some reason she always ended up coming here to think but for some reason today she had nothing to think about, or at least she didn't think she had.

As she reached the tree she smiled to see that it wasn't occupied. She was glad to be out of the castle, the first years had already seemed to have taken over and the common room was no longer safe, she hoped that this year they would be a bit more behaved that last year's bunch. Sitting down on the grass she rested her head on the big oak trunk and with a sigh she took out her new textbook and began to read.

Katheryn was feeling rather lonely as she headed down towards the lake. She was shy as a general rule and it seemed harder and harder for her to meet people. The friends she used to have at Hogwarts had all left about the same time as she had. After all that was one of the reason she decided to transfer. It was a nice, crystal day outside. The sky matched Kat's eyes. She smiled as a warm breeze blew across her face.

As she walked, Kat began to refect on the closing of summer. Katheryn's summer had passed with little difference. She had gone back to California for the first time in over a year, to be with her dad, brother, and sister. She had been happy to see them all, but unlike the rest of them, Kat missed her mom. She was hoping Jacqueline might meet her at the next Brightstone weekend. Katheryn was paying no attention to where she was going as her mind drifted. She ran right into a low lying branch of a tree! Katheryn hit the ground with a light thud. She quickly sat up and looked around to see if anyone had seen her mistake. The only person near was a few trees away but Katheryn couldnt tell if the other girl had seen her or not.

Patricia could feel a gentle spring breeze blow through her hair, which was still rather short, she had gotten it re-cut during the break, but luckily her hair grew quickly so it would be back to it's normal length in know time, she preferred her hair long, but having it short reminded her of the day she met Jude, which brought back good memories. Memories she didn't want to let go off, she hadn't heard from Jude since that day in March, even though they never agreed to write or anything, she wish she knew how to reach him to at least talk to him, one more time. If only to remind her that he was real, and not just some figment of her imagination.

Putting her book aside, she started to look around, she couldn't focus on her studies anymore. It seemed a quiet enough day at Hogwarts, nothing out of the ordinary, that she could see. She was surprised at how quiet the lakefront was, it was normally so busy, but not today, Patricia was grateful of this fact, it was nice to relax once in a while. In the distance she could see a girl walking down to the lakefront but took no notice of her, so she went back to gazing into the lake.

She heard a light thud a bit away from her, she looked around to she where the noise came from. In the distance she could see the girl again, this time lying down. Patricia got up and went over to her, it had looked like she had fallen over, "Hey, you OK?" She asked, looking down at her.

Katheryn's cheeks reddened as she discovered someone looking over her. She looked up to see who it was that witnessed her shame. She realized it was a younger girl from her own house that she had seen around once or twice. Kat had never spoken to the girl since she generally kept to herself. Katheryn rubbed her head where the tree branch had collided with her forehead. "Yes I believe so. Did you see me fall?" she asked, her face full of shame.

(I'm back for good now, let the RPing commence ^_^ )

Patricia sighed in relieve when the girl said she was OK. Patricia was not one for dealing well with situations that involved people being hurt, she normally over reactted and went straight to the hospital wing, even if it was just a bang on the head. "No I didn't see you fall, but I did see you lying on the ground, which is never a good sign." She said with a small laugh. She could see the girl was embarrassed so she tried to lighten the mood. "Actually it looks comfy down there, mind if I join you?" She asked hopefully, anything to get away from the books for a while.

Katheryn smiled as she sat up. She was relieved the girl hadnt actually witnessed her embaressment. "Of course you may." Kat said as she sat up. She thought she had seen the younger girl around her house but she could be mistaken. "My name is Katheryn but you can call me Kat." she offered in an attempt to be friendly.

Patricia smiled as the girl said she could join her and said, "Thank you." Patricia sat down on the grass and stretched her legs out as she leaned back, enjoying the good weather. "Nice to meet you Kat. My name's Patricia, but every calls me Pat." She said, laughing at how the two names rhymed.

Patricia had never questioned been called Pat, she had it for three years now, even though pretty much everyone at home called her, 'Tish' or 'Trisha', it had taken her some getting used too when she first started HNZ, but was fairly used to it now.

"So Kat, what year are you in?" She asked, she figured she was older but couldn't quite pin how much older.

Katheryn laughed along with Patricia. "Pat and Kat. Nice." she said in appreciation of the ryhming. Katheryn was glad the younger girl was being friendly. Maybe this was her chance to make a new friend.

Katheryn was glad that people here didnt take to calling her Kitty like her older sister Kiera did. Only Caysi had ever picked up on that nick name though Kiera called her that everytime she saw her.

Katheryn smiled at Pat's question. "Well technically I am supposed to be a 5th year but I dropped out before third year to live with my mom and get to know her. Then I came back last year midsemster and started as a third year. So now I'm a fourth year." she said hoping that wasn't too confusing. "What about you?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back