Avoiding a row

Jacob Cooper

Jacob rushed down the flight of steps that led away from the Entrance hall.His head was still buzing with random phrases from the magazine but all he wanted now was to catch up with Andrew and to make sure they didn't have a row.

His footsteps echoed loudly off the dungeon floor as he slipped and stumbled but finally caught up with Andrew."Hey I didn't mean to offend you.I thought you were angry just because you chucked that magazine at me."he told Andrew catching his hand and turning him arround.

Andrew was storming back to the Slytherin common room. The lines from the gossip mag kept racing through his mind. His breathing was fast and shallow. He heard Jake's voice and increased his speed yet Jake seemed to have caught up with him as he realized his arm being grabbed. He turned looking at his best friend and then frowned "I thought you knew me enough to realize I wouldn't trust a word written in that piece of crap" he told him.

He scanned Jake's green eyes and gave him a piercing look. He was angry, on or for what, he didn't know. Anger seemed to be controlling him at the moment and he was in no mood of forgiving Jake for doubting his friendship. First Lexi, now him. Why do my friends have to be this way... Only Caina seems to understand.. he thought as thoughts about the blonde haired girl crossed his mind but he immediately controlled them and once again turned his gaze to Jake demanding an answer.

"Well you chucked the magazine at me!What am I supposed to think?!"he asked him.He knew that he had misunderstood.Andrew was making a fuss on a small thing.If only he knew how much his friendship meant to Jake he would realize that Jake would be very offended by the idea that Andrew doubted him.

"I didn't chuck it at you, I threw it and it found your head to bang in" he said his wand that he was holding in his hand sent red sparks flying around. "Look Jake, I know you, I don't trust that sh1t , so it's not my fault that you think I trust it, alright?"he asked his friend.

"Okay fine it was a misunderstanding.Now please chill Andrew!"he told him with a grin.He hoped that Andrew would just let the matter off.It wasn't a big thing to make them fight."So how are you preparing for the exams?"he asked in a casual tone.

"Okay" he said with a grin. "Don't ask, have headaches and nightmares that I failed Herbology and Potions, which I am not even taking this term"he said as he shook his head. "Anyway, I just wrote to Mal saying I will not be going to White Serpent Manor" he informed Jake as he reduced his speed. "Whom are we staying with again?"he asked.

Jacob laughed at how easily Andrew had forgiven him."Thanks to you I am all set."he told Andrew with a grin.Andrew had helped him a lot in his studies this year."My Aunt Susan and my cousin Hannah."he told him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back