Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Violet had, that morning, recieved a package from London, which had been delivered via Auckland. A present from her aunt. She had held off opening it until this afternoon, as she had had classes to attend and study to do, but her curiosity had finally got the better of her. She didn't want to look as though she was gloating, though, so she went to the lakefront to open the package there, instead of in the common room.
She read the letter from home that accompanied the package, first.
Violet Bellamy!
Why haven't you written back, darling? I am so worried about you! Please, please write home as soon as you receive this letter, or I'm coming there for myself to find you!
Pearl, Patrick and Antoinette sent you this package. I think it was specifically Pearl, she knows you've just come to Hogwarts and she thought you might be feeling a little lonely, so she sent you some things from the Muggle world to keep you occupied. I won't say any more, open the package and see for yourself. You should write to them, too, to say thank you. And to Antoinette, I know she must be going through the same thing as you, given that she's just started at Hogwarts.
Anyway, please, please, please write home, young lady. Your father and I are worried.
Love, Mum.

Violet rolled her eyes. The last couple of weeks had just been so busy. She'd barely even eaten, let alone written letters. She resolved herself to write home that evening.

The package was also accompanied with a note.
Dear Violet,
I just thought I'd send you a little something for you to enjoy. I know you love reading, just like Antoinette, and I know that your mother didn't get the same experiences as me as a teenage girl. So, I've sent you some of my favourite books, the ones I loved when I was your age and a little older. Don't worry if you don't understand them all yet, you will sooner or later.
Congratulations on getting in to Hogwarts, by the way. I must say, I am a little jealous, but I'm proud of you, all the same. Your mother is certainly very proud!
I hope we get to see you soon, we might have to come over to New Zealand to visit in the holidays, or, you might have to come to England!
Enjoy the books, I hope you love them as much as I do. If you've read them already, I'm sorry.
Love, Aunt Pearl, Uncle Patrick and Antoinette.
P.S. Antoinette says she wrote to you, but didn't get a response. She wants to know what house you're in.

Violet rolled her eyes again, but was distracted by the contents of the package. Books, lots of them. Austen, the Bronte sisters, Carroll, Hardy, Flaubert, Tolstoy...books that looked difficult, and some that looked easy. All of them looked exciting. "Thank you, thank you so much," she whispered, and opened Alice's Adventures In Wonderland and began to read.

Johanna wandered around the lakeside breathing in the fresh air and enjoying the quietness of not having to be around so many other students. As she was wandering, she noticed a girl sitting by herself next to a big pile of books.
"i think her name's Violet" Johanna thought to herself as she walked over to Violet to say hi.
"Hey! that's a lot of books you have there" Johanna said to Violet.

Violet smiled serenely, not really paying attention. "Ah, yes, books are my passion..." she then looked around at the speaker. "Oh! Hello! I've seen you around the place, you're Johanna, right?"

"Yeah, I am" Johanna laughed. Noticing the book Violet had begun to read, she said,
"Alice's Adventure's In Wonderland is a great book. I don't know how mant times I've read it" she smiled.

Violet grinned. "No way! I love this book. It's my favourite!"

"it's one of my favourites as well" johanna grinned,
"i love the opium smoking caterpillar."
Johanna sat down next to Violet on the grass.
"what other books are you into?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back