Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Nursing her sore arm, Violet exited the common room (where she had left her bag), and wandered outside to the lakefront. She was going to sleep, but she didn't want to be inside. She'd spent so much time inside studying over the past week, that she needed to get out in to the fresh air.
She took herself out to her favourite place - the lakefront - and sat herself down, sighing in relief. It was all over. Soon she could go home. She'd be moving back to Brisbane, the place where she was born and had grown up, she'd be spending Christmas with her family, and she would be seeing her sister, and, more importantly, her brother. She lay back on the grass. For now, she was happy to just be relaxing by the lake, ignoring the bruising on her arm she had gained from her flying exam.

Streams of bubbles followed behind Zazuka as she walked along the lake shore. She too was enjoying the freedom that came with fishing her exams. Pinks. blues, purples, reds and sometimes the odd colored one where let out of the end of Zazuka's wand as she walked. She after a while she came across Violet who she hadn't talked to in a bit. Zazuka walked up to her then sat down on the grass. "Do you mind or would you rather be alone?" Zazuka asked kindly enough. She knew that sometimes people would rather not have company when they where relaxing.

"Hey, Zazuka! I don't mind," Violet said, kindly. She hadn't seen her in a while. And Violet was about to go home for the holidays, so she thought she'd have some conversation before she went back to the peace and quiet of home - even though moving was less than peaceful. "How are you? How did your exams go?" she asked.

"My exams went well I think. There should be some that I get lower than others but all in all I should get good enough markrs. How do you think you did?" Zazuka asked as she wraped her arms around her knees. The slight sadness that she felt about not having much a home to go back to was starting to settle into the background like everything else that upset her.

"I think I did okay..." she said, thinking. "Don't know how I went in Defence Against the Dark Arts, probably screwed it up. I've always wanted to top the year level, but I have no chance of doing that." She felt a little miserable. She was a Hufflepuff, yes, but she wanted to prove herself, and show that she was intelligent. She was never good enough, though.

Zazuka sighed and thought about what Violet had said. "Well we all have that subject that we are not good at. I think I got an E in Charms which I know is just one under O but still." She said partly to make Violet feel better. "No one is no good at everything and still I think Proffesor King would grade you too hard would he?" Zazuka said assuming that she remebered correctly that proffesor King was the one that taught DADA. Zazuka was not particurly looking foward to that class.

Violet smiled. "You're right. But I'd like to be good at everything." She shrugged. "I don't suppose Professor King would grade too hard. He's a good teacher, though. I wanted to look like a good student. But I don't like casting spells on people." She had had much trouble with her spell work.

Zazuka thought about that for a minute. "I think I could for selfdefence. I mean people can't all be nice." She said. She knew that for a fact. What she had gone though at home was more than enough to show her the dark side of human nature.

Violet nodded. "Very true. I just don't like hurting people. Especially when it's friends in class." She smiled. "Guess that's why I'm a Hufflepuff, and not a Ravenclaw, Gryffindor or Slytherin." She paused. "Not that I believe in house stereotypes."

"That's a good thing because there are some Slytherins that are good people just like every other type of person I guess. Ever wonder why we have to seperate people like this?" Zazuka asked looking up at the sky. She often got these kinds of questions in her head and she had to blirt them out most of the time.

Violet shrugged again. "No idea, but when I get older, I'm going to give that Sorting Hat a piece of my mind." She grinned. "Maybe it's character building?" she asked, with a laugh.

Zazuka laughed. "Something like that. There times when I think I don't belong in Ravenclaw and then there are times when I think I'm right where I need to be. Has that happened with you?" She asked again. Violet was so calm, it calmed her down slightly too.

Violet nodded. "All the time. Sometimes I think I'm not nearly nice enough to be in Hufflepuff. I have wondered why I wasn't in Ravenclaw. I didn't think I'd ever be a Gryffindor, like my mum, though." She sighed. "I'm happy, though. Even though there aren't many that Hufflepuffs."

Zazuka nodded. "There are not many Ravenclaws eather but I'm sure the school population will grow soon enough." Zazuka said smileing wide. "The lack of Raveclaws is starting to affect our chances at the house cup." Zazuka said with a sigh. "I mean I not really into that sort of compition but still it would be nice to win." She added so she wouldn't sound like a competitive nut.

"I'd suggest we go and cast stunning spells on the Gryffindors, while they slept...but I don't know how well that would go down." She shrugged. "Don't think Hufflepuffs have much chance at winning, but hey, trying's good." Violet smiled again. "There will be new people next year. I reckon my brother will be a Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff."

Zazuka laughed. "Raveclaw may have the brains but Gryffendor will kick our behinds on pure nerve." She said shuttering jokenly. "Your brother is coming to Hogwarts too. What's he like?" She asked wanting to know how other's interacted with thier siblings.

"Well..." Violet started, unsure how to begin. "Until about a couple of weeks ago, I thought he was my cousin. Yeah, it's crazy. But he's really great. I'm glad he's coming here instead of going to Hogwarts in Scotland." She smiled. "He is, too. He and my cousin absolutely hate each other. She's at the other Hogwarts. She's a Ravenclaw."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back