Astronomy 1:6

3ad822cf279137e76df68ff4374f5c6144d06f1e.gif

Adorah finished setting up a few bowls and trays of snacks on a table kissing the front of her desk before taking a seat in her chair. The semester had gone by so fast, and she enjoyed seeing the students who were budding astronomers or at least astronomy levels come out of the woodworks. She made notes of who to keep an eye on over the next few years because she knew she'd likely forget before she came back from the break. The former Ravenclaw was exhausted, and Adorah was excited about the idea of spending time with Noel and enjoying some of her hobbies during the upcoming break. Letting the students in, she waited until they all sat down to begin speaking.

"Good afternoon! First, I want to say how very proud I am of all the work you did last week and the entire semester. This week, we are meeting earlier in the day because... it's review day!" she exclaimed with a little more enthusiasm than she was used to producing. "But first, I have some snacks for you to share and enjoy! I want all of you to review the material we learned over the semester, and this is your time to ask me questions about anything you're struggling with. You can also set up a meeting with me outside of class if you need anymore help before exams," she said with a bright smile on her face. She sat back down at her desk and helped any of the students who came up to her during their hour of studying. The time went quick, and she hoped they all used their time in the way they most needed. When the bell rang, she dismissed them, heading over to the table to clean up any leftover snacks.

--
For full credit, post an attendance post (at least 3 sentences will suffice).
If any student would like to ask a review question, please tag Adorah.

Lilith was sad it was her les lesson of Astronomy of the semester and therefore the year. She knew she'd miss these lessons and this room, but it helped to know that they were still allowed to go up to the observatory. The first year took seat at the front of the room and eyed at the snacks, deciding to not get anything this time. She wasn't too hungry nor in the mood to eat while studying.

Lilith spent the lesson focusing on rereading her notes and making any additional ones, highlighting things she felt like were important for her to still go over before exam. Though if she was being honest she could remember most of the things they had gone over by heart already, but she still wanted to be sure she had every chance to do the best she could. By the end of it she smiled at the professor before leaving the classroom.

Amory was more than glad it was their last lesson of astronomy for the semester, although he would admit it had been slightly interesting seeing all those stars. But that was the extent of it.

Amory took a seat at the back gladly, away from the rest and focused on his studying. He grabbed a few snacks before returning to his seat and revise everything he had noted during the lessons, so a whole three sentences. He trusted his memory enough to carry him through, he doubted he'd need this subject much anyways.

Elijah slouched a bit in his seat, glad that today's Astronomy class was just a review session. The mention of snacks definitely caught his attention—he hadn’t realised how hungry he was until Professor Zumwalt pointed them out. He grabbed a handful of crackers and settled back with his notes, flipping through the pages lazily. Astronomy wasn’t his favorite subject, but he liked the idea of looking up at the stars, even if all the technical details could get a bit confusing.

As he munched on a cracker, Elijah realized he was still a bit fuzzy on the phases of the moon. After a few minutes of debating whether to ask, he finally decided to go up to Professor Zumwalt’s desk. “Hey, Professor, can you run through the waxing and waning moon phases again? I always mix them up." Satisfied, he went back to his seat, relaxed and ready to take on the rest of the class. When the bell rang, he grabbed another snack for the road, giving Professor Zumwalt a quick “thanks” as he headed out the door.

@Professor Adorah Zumwalt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back