As the clouds go by

Kailey Harrington

OOC First Name
Kelsey
Wand
12 1/2" Firm Fir Wand with the essence of Dragon Heartstring
It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining casting a warm glow. It's light reflected on the glassy surface of the lake. There was a light breeze causing slight ripples in the grass. The lakefront was surprisingly empty for such a day.

Kailey walked out to the lake from the castle. Her heavy bag slung across her shoulder. She looked outside and figured that it was the perfect day for some reading outside. She sat down and took her bag off from around her shoulder and dug through it before finding the one she was looking for.

She put her feet in the water, disturbing it's peace as small waves made their way outwards from the contact. The cold water was now covering her feet. It felt refreshing after wearing those shoes all day. She propped the book up on her knees and began to read.

A couple hours later she finished the book. She stood up, put the book back in her bag. She dried her feet off as good as she could before putting her shoes back on. She looked up and saw the clouds. They were passing slowly, she saw a boot, there was a tophat. She continued to see shapes, the sat back down a bit further from the lake.

Eventually she layed down in the soft grass using her bag as a pillow. Looking up at the clouds as they passed. She remembered doing this with Trista once when they were about 8. She slowly got caught up in thinking about different things until she fell asleep.

[Somebody wake her up! lol]

Ana-Cole was going for her normal run outside by the lake. It was such a nice day the sun was shining in her face but she by no means was getting a sun burn. Ana-Cole was so in her own little world she did not notice anyone laying in the grass by the lake. She just went on with her run.

About an hour later when Ana-Cole came back through towards the castle Ana-Cole decided to take a short break and look out over the lake. Ana-Cole ran up to the lake almost stepping on someone who was laying in the grass asleep. Ana-Cole jumped over the girl who when she got a better look was Kailey. Ana-Cole did not exactly know if she should wake her but by the sun shining down upon Kailey Ana-Cole could only imagine the shade of bright red Kailey would end up if she was left sleeping.

Ana-Cole went over to the lake and scooped a bit of water out of it, just about a cut full and walked over to Kailey. Ana-Cole hoped Kailey would not get upset or mad but Ana-Cole thought if she was going to wake Kailey up she was at least going to have some fun with it. Ana-Cole inched her way over to Kailey and poured the small amount of water onto her. "Wake up sleepy" She said a bit louder than her normal voice. Ana-Cole couldn't help but laugh a little bit.

Kailey was sleeping, her mind lulled into a dream. She suddenly felt icy cold water being put on her and someone telling her to wake up. Her body caught up with her mind and jumped up "AAAAAHHHH!" She looked around to find the culprit, that was when she saw Ana-Cole. "That was cold!" she said trying to sound mad but couldn't help herself from chuckling. "But it's probably what I would have did." She admitted.

"Well I didn't want you to get a sun burn" Ana-Cole said laughing a bit. She sensed that Kailey wasn't angry and hoped that was the case. "A bit too relaxed today I take it" Ana-Cole said she sat down on the grass still breathing a bit heavy from her run. "Nice day though" She said staring out onto the lake.

"Well I've already been out here for hours. I'm probably going to be burnt anyways. It is a nice day, since it's getting colder I decided to take advantage of such a warm day." she replied

"Makes since though I wish it would stay this nice for awhile" Ana-Cole said. She enjoyed these nice days. "I mean this is the perfect weather for a nice little run" She said smiling. "But when it is so nice outside it makes paying attention in classes a little more difficult" She said with a smile realizing how much work she should be doing but was putting off until last minute like usual.

"That last parts very true." Kailey agreed thinking of the DADA assignment she should be doing.

"yes it is" Ana-Cole said with a grin. "At least I am not the only one that procastinates" Ana-Cole said

Kailey chuckled "I'm glad I'm not the only one too." she said "I'll try to start it and then say 'Oh I'll do it tomorrow' It's a bad habit of mine."

"Sounds familar" Ana-Cole said with a laugh "I will wait until the night before and then quickly get it done. That is probably why I am so sleep deprived" Ana-Cole said with a laugh "Now I see why I am not in Ravenclaw" she said with a smile.

"I've found myself doing that quite often. Which is why I wonder why I put in Ravenclaw sometimes. I'd of thought I procrastionate too much for Ravenclaw." Kailey said

"Well maybe you don't procrastinate enough to not be considered for Ravenclaw" Ana-Cole said hoping that made sense. Now that she thought about it she didn't know if it made sense to her nonetheless Kailey.

Kailey was confused..."Uhh...Okay?" she chuckled "If that made sense to you then you should be the Ravenclaw. Because I couldn't figure it out!"

"Sorry" Ana-Cole said laughing a bit "I seem to babble quite a bit and rarely do I make sense to others except myself" Ana-Cole said "I guess that is just one of my many faults" She said.

"No need to apologize Ana-Cole. I tend to do that too. One of my many many faults." Kailey said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back