Arwen Pentreath

Arwen Pentreath

Wand
Ash wand with core of unicorn hair
Full Name: Arwen Solaris Pentreath
- Birth Date: 16th August 1993
- Current Age: 29
- Basic Appearance: 6' 2", long blonde hair, one good blue eye, sports an eyepatch, tanned, healthy, trim but muscular.
- Parents: Agatha Trelawe (witch) and Turlouch Pentreath (wizard)

- Siblings, if any: Carphol Augustus; 32 bachelor. Wizard - works in the ministry of magic, England

- Pets, if any: Do not need one, much too busy
- Area of Residence:have recently moved to New Zealand, Traselum just outside of Obsidian.
- Blood status:Mixed Blood

- Hogwarts House (And why): Ravenclaw House, graduated 2011
- Best school subjects (And why): Transfiguration
- Worst school subjects (And why): Care of Magical Creatures - dropped it after OWLs.

(all characters:)
- What would their Patronus be? my patronus is a dog
- What would their Boggart be? it is a dragon
- What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one) a golden labrador
- What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? with both eyes and standing beside my partner and love of my life forever Levianthan after we have accomplished the potions we have been working on relentlessly for years now.
(have applied for Department of Mysteries if unsuccessful will edit this)

- What memory could they use to create a Patronus? I use the day I met Levianthan. It was the happiest day of my life and though it was over seven years ago now, it is still very strong.

Seeing as you asked so nicely Linda here you are a few questions. Answer IC or OOC ;)

OK so major, how did you lose the eye? :p
Where did you live before you moved to New Zealand?
Why did you move?
Your parents, are they dead or alive?
What are/were they like (5 words each, occupation, blood, age etc)
If you were to havea pet, what would it be and why?
Why do you think you were put into Ravenclaw?
Why was your best subject Transfiguration?
Why did you drop CoMC after you chose it as an elective?
Patrouns: Why a dog? What breed of dog?
Boggart: Why a dragon?
Animagus: Why a golden lab?
What type of potions have you been working on?
How did you meet Levi?
Where did you meet him?

That's all for now. Good character so far ;)

OK so major, how did you lose the eye? see Boggart question.

Where did you live before you moved to New Zealand?
I am originally from Braden, Coltshire, England. Which is actually the neighbouring village by about ten miles to Browden where Levi is from.

Why did you move? We mutually agreed that we had to move. We are unspeakables and the work we carry out is such that it has often put our families in danger, as well as ourselves. Most days we have polyjuiced ourselves inorder to continue our work in relative safety, for there are those even within the Ministry who do not want our lives work to succeed.

Your parents, are they dead or alive? They are both dead now. Both were ministry officials during the second wizarding war. My mother had been 'tampered' with - she had the 'imperius' curse put on her and unfortunately though she had served the ministry loyally and faithfully for many years. They were dark times and she was not believed or trusted. During her trial she was found guilty of being in allegiance with the Dark Lord and sent to Azkaban. She was never a strong woman and did not last there long. She died after her second year there. My father was killed by Death Eaters for information on what the Unspeakable officers were working on. It is not known whether he was brutally tortured before hand or not, it can only be surmised that he was not given such an easy way out as the 'killing curse'.

What are/were they like (5 words each, occupation, blood, age etc)
(a bit more than 5 -sorry ;) )My mother was a witch - Agatha Trelawe but of mixed blood. Her mother was of muggle birth and her father was a wizard. She lived all her life in Braden and attended Hogwarts, also of Ravenclaw house.
My father, Turloch Pentreath - also a wizard of mixed stock - both his parents were from muggleborn families. He too lived all of his life in Braden and knew my mother from a young age. He was two years ahead of her at school, her prefect of Ravenclaw house as well.

If you were to havea pet, what would it be and why? I have always wanted a pet but have always been so busy with other things in life. Trying to find things out, discover the intricacies of how things work. My parents were always afraid that if they gave me a pet, I would simply cut it open like a science experiment to find out it's biological settings. If I could have had one, it would be a dog I suppose. Loyal and friendly.

Why do you think you were put into Ravenclaw? My parents were Ravenclaw but besides this I had the temperment for it. I love research, theory, study, books in general. I love wit, cunning and determined focus and concentration but I also enjoy life and want it improved upon as much as possible.

Why was your best subject Transfiguration? I do not know to be honest. I was good from the beginning at spells and incantations and found switching and transforming things to be a simple extension of this. I know alot of my peers had issues dealing with how the ministry abused the use of transfiguration before Azkaban but I agreed wholeheartedly with it and found myself wanting to become a member of the ministry even after what had happened to my mother.

Why did you drop CoMC after you chose it as an elective? It was excruciatingly boring. There was no other word for it. I know I probably offended Professor Hagrid on numerous occasions with my constant sighing in class but I wanted my time to be put to good use and I didn't think learning about hinkypunks and grindylow's was beneficial. Perhaps if we did get to dissect some of them and got to use some of their parts for various potion making then I would have found it alot more interesting.

Patronus: Why a dog? What breed of dog? A golden labrador mainly as I resemble one at times. I am fiercely loyal and though it probably doesn't sound like I am the friendly type, to those who trouble themselves to get to know me then yes, I can be very friendly too.

Boggart: Why a dragon? I am enclosing the very first question you asked into this one...
{OK so major, how did you lose the eye? }
In 2018 myself and Levi decided to take a short vacation for ourselves. It was the first in many years of hard work. We only ever took day breaks as we saw our work as too important to have long fortnight breaks. By the time we had agreed on this vacation, we were nearly burnt out from working night and day on a certain project. Everyone was flocking to England for the Quidditch World Cup so we decided to leave the country and head to Hungary. No one would know us there and no one would care who we were or what we did. We were just a young couple very much in love and in need of a break. On our second day of sight seeing we were warned that the dragon farm three miles out of Kaposvár was experiencing difficulties. Of course these difficulties were not actually mentioned but as ministry officials we thought it best to go and see if we could be of use. A mother Horntail had laid about 20 eggs and had been guarding them extremely protectively when the farmers tried to move her. They needed to tag the eggs and do some tests on her to make sure she was alright. They had spent a few days unsuccessfully attempting this, no amount of magic was keeping her knocked out for long enough. So we offered to create a potion for them, it is after all one of the main things we do. The only problem was someone still had to get close enough to her to administer it. We could have used magical means but anything could have gone wrong. We eventually were successful in giving it to her but at the cost of two farmers lives, my eye, a huge scar down Levi's back and damage to two of her eggs. It was a horrible day and we have never gone on vacation since.

Animagus: Why a golden lab? mainly as I resemble one at times. I am fiercely loyal and though it probably doesn't sound like I am the friendly type, to those who trouble themselves to get to know me then yes, I can be very friendly too

What type of potions have you been working on? Ah you see these are highly confidential potions, I could tell you but then I would have to kill you or obliviate your mind. You choose and then I will decide whether or not to tell you.

How did you meet Levi? Where did you meet him?
We attended Hogwarts together, we also lived in neighbouring villages but we only actually got to see one another at school. I didn't like him much then, he was very bossy and overbearing especially when he got chosen for our prefect. It was my first year at the ministry I had to work alongside him and something clicked then. I guess we were more mature and because we were constantly in one anothers company realised we had more in common than we ever would have guessed. It took us a while before we actually started dating but now we are inseperable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back