Are You Following Me?

Riley Wespurt

Wand
Straight 10 Inch Unyielding Alder Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Normally you could find Riley somewhere outside, enjoying the nice weather or watching the Gryffindor Quidditch team practice, but since his first exam week ever was coming up, the Gryffindor kid felt like he needed to use the time available to him to study for the subjects he had in his first semester at Hogwarts castle, especially since he wasn't particulary good at some of them. So with that in his mind, as soon as Riley woke up and had eaten his breakfast, he slowly made his way towards the library to spent another day studying.

When he arrived he sat down at his usual spot and put his backpack onto the table to get his Potions book. Potions was one of the classes he had probably spent most of his time studying for. He was the absolute worst at following instructions for some reason he nor his parents could explain so it was no surprise to him that he wasn't doing well in that class.

It was the reality, exams were on their way and it got a bit to close. Elizabeth didn't do anything yet for her exams so she decided to go the most stupid place ever: The Library. She knew she wasn't going to focus in the common room or in the student lounge. She didn't knew if she would concentrate in the library, but she could try it. Elizabeth saw in everything a adventure so it was hard for her to read a book. She didn't really like to read, she just want to live it and have some action.

When she arrived she walked through a place were she could settle down. She had her bag with her with a few books from the classes she had. She looked up to the high bookcases, it would be fun to climb them came into her mind. Maybe she would do that one time, but not today. She threw her bag with books on the table in front of her and when she looked up again she saw somebody very famillar sitting. '' Well how accidentally, that you are here.'' She saw her brother Riley and he was also studying she guessed. Well concentrating will be hard with her brother next to her.

Studying was pretty easy with not a thing nor a person distracting him from it. Unfortunately for him, today wouldn't be a nice study session either as he heard a familiar voice close to him. Riley looked up from the textbook in front of him and tried to smile without letting his sister know that he did not want her to sit next to him. ''Yes, what a coincidence,'' the Gryffindor said sarcastically, ''Almost as if you know I would be here.'' He wasn't annoyed that Elizabeth went to library as well, probably to study from what he could gather, but it bugged him that she had to show up exactly around the same time he did. ''I see that you're going to study as well?'' He said with a small nod towards the bag on the table. ''Good. At least you are going to be quiet then.'' A grin appeared on his face. Although Riley didn't particulary liked the fact that she was here, he loved getting a reaction out of her.

Elizabeth directly got the intention that her brother wasn't really looking forward to see her. And yeah a normal person would just leave it, but Elizabeth was not a normal person. She was a friendly girl honestly, but when it came to her brother or persons that were close to her like her mom and dad. She would experiment all the time. Her parents had a lot to do with the young rebel Wespurt. And Elizabeth just wanted to enjoy her childhood before it will be over.
'' I really wasn't following you. I came here because I needed to study. Yes out of Elizabeth her mouth study.'' She put her books on the table and went sitting in front of her brother. Elizabeth rolled with her eyes when her brother said that she would know he was here. '' Yes because this is my favorite place right. I hate the Library!'' she said a bit too loud that the librarian made a silence gesture. Elizabeth just smiled at it. She opened her book when her brother knew she was gonna study here. Today she would read Charms, a lesson that she didn't hate but it wasn't her favorite either.
'' I do my best. But there are so many incentives here.'' Her mother and father always thought that Elizabeth had ADHD. But she didn't she was just a very enthiosastic girl that was easily distracted. '' What are you gonna study?'' she asked her brother friendly.

He started laughing a little too loud so when she Librarian came over to shush him he nodded and apologized then he whispered. ''You? Study? Who are you and what have done with my sister?'' the Gryffindor asked half joking. From the two twins Riley was the one who was being a bit more serious about everything - school, sport, rules - he just didn't like the idea of constantly getting into trouble for doing foolish and irrelevant stuff such as pranking people. He tried to suppress his laughter when she told him that she actually hated the Library and said, ''Why because you can't go nuts in here? Sis, come on.'' With a grin on his face Riley looked at his Gryffindor twin before continuing reading chapter two of his Potions textbook. He honestly couldn't figure out why he had such a hard time in these lessons. All you had to do was follow the instructions. Riley looked up once more at his sister's comment about there being too many incentives and shook his head slightly. ''We're in a Library..'' The boy said not really sure what would excite her in this room. ''Potions.'' Riley answered back with a small smile, his eyes slowly wandering back to the textbook in front of him on the table. ''Apparently my stupid brain can't follow instructions. You?''

Elizabeth and Riley had one thing in common, a really hard laugh. When they had fun about something you will hear them from far. She chuckled when the Librarian came to shush them. '' Yes, me study. I don't want mom to kill me. I better be doing something if I want to stay here.'' She knew her parents especially her mother would be very angry at her if she heard about the poor grades she is gonna get. Her brother was a more hard worker sometimes a little bit too, he was so competitive with some things. '' It is so quiet and boring here. Nothing nice to do.'' She didn't liked silence and especially not books! It would be cool to be in a book when they would be older but after a big adventure or something like that. Her mother had read them before they went to sleep and that was something Elizabeth did like adventure story's but she directly wanted to do the same just as in the story so her mother had to calm her down before Elizabeth could go to sleep.
'' I like potions, but I'm waiting until we actually could brew something.'' Elizabeth liked action the theory was hard for her to focus on in the lessons. His stupid brain was the same as her because her stupid brain could not focus at all! She was already bored for study, she didn't want to do it, but she really had too. '' Me neither, I need to study Defence Against the Dark arts. But I'm not really in the mood right now- or ever.'' A gape appeared on Elizabeth her face. This was gonna be a long day.

Riley smirked when she mentioned their mother. ''Just stay behind dad and you will be fine, that's why I usually do if mom's angry at me.'' He and his dad were close, and Riley would without a doubt say that his father was probably his best friend. He also knew that between him and Elizabeth he was most likely to be the one whom his parents didn't get upset with every other day which suited him just fine. He looked away from Elizabeth and shook his head at here remark. How was she ever going to study in peace if she didn't even like the peace she needed to fully concentrade on her studying. ''Sometimes I wonder how you pulled it off, you know. Getting good grades without doing nothing for them. I wish I know how to do that.'' If it wasn't for the fact that his mother made him promise that he would only get good grades in his first year Riley probably would've done less studying and more wandering around the schol to get to know it a little bit better. The young Gryffindor smiled when his sister told him he liked Potions and that she couldn't wait until they actually started brewing something. ''You just wait and see, sis, it's gonna get real hard real soon.'' He replied back.

The young Gryffindor laughed a bit too hard about what her brother said to her. '' Good idea.. I knew it! I'm always the one that gets the blame. You just hide like a coward.'' She chuckled at her brother, thinking about home made her happy. How much her mother was so angry at her she still loved her very much. Elizabeth always wondered why she get good grades without doing much indeed. It was something natural and it made her very lazy, she was so quickly distracted so homework wasn't always something that was on her list. When she started with homework she always kept staring out of her window and looked at what was going on outside. '' I do too brother, But I don't have an answer on that.'' It didn't scared her what her brother said she knew she had to do something but she always waited until the last minute. '' But how about you? How goes the studying?'' She asked friendly to her brother. She knew that he was the better student of the two and mom and dad seem to know to also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back