Anything but more studying

Eden Silverback

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Eden was locked in the Library on yet another perfect spring day. Stacks of books where around her. Her book bag was at her feet and she had about ten pieces of parchment on the table. Her lucky quill was resting in a ink well and Eden was leafing through a book on Herbology. Not finding the answer she needed. Eden tossed the book aside and picked up another. Looking through it for a moment Eden tossed it to the side. "This is useless. I'm never going to find the answer." Eden muttered as she reached for another book hopping that maybe this book held the answers she was looking for.

Steph was sat with one book and one piece of parchment. She found it was the easiest way to do homework. She couldn't see why people went and picked up hundreds of books when they could get all the information they needed from one.
She looked over at a girl who seemed to be doing exactly that. SHe looked frustrated so Steph decided it would be good to give her a hand. She walked over to the girl and looked at the books that she had grabbed. "What answer are you looking for??" From the choice of books, Steph decided she must be doing Herbology homework.

Eden looked up as a girl came over and asked her what she was looking for. " I need a book that is going to have a lot of information on Bubotuber's. I swear I can't stand Prtofessor Styx the class is so gross. If I was not trying to get an O in every last class Hogwarts had to offer I swear I would not even step foot into that class." Picking up a book that was a bit dusty, Eden knocked off some of the dust and opened. "Finally something that I can use." Eden said in a happy voice.

Steph looked at the books piled on the desk and tried to remember what was in each one. She picked up one and flicked through. "Try here." She pointed to the part of the page which had loads about Bubotuber's. Steph didn't know much about them but she remembered the basic facts. "I agree with you there. He freaks me out." Steph had never liked Professor Styx. He always seemed to have something about him which made him creepy.

Eden took the book from the girl and looked at the page. "Your are brilliant. You just saved me so much time." Shoving some of the books out of the way Eden cleared a place on the table. "Please sit down. I'm Eden Koshiba and this is what you get when you take every subject that this school has to offer." Eden said brightly. Turning back to the book she was just handed Eden copied down the information she needed and looked at her pile of books wondering which subject she would tackle next.

Steph smiled and sat down. "I'm Stephanie Duboit. You can call me Steph though." She looked back at the pile of books then back at Eden. "I think I'm probably going to be the same as you when I get to that stage. I'm only a second year at the moment." She shrugged. "What year are you in??"

Eden looked up at the girl again. "Well it's nice to meet you Steph." Placing a few of her books back in her bag. Eden frowned. Pulling out her wand Eden tapped the Herbology looks and sent them to the cart that was near so that table would be less cluttered. " I would suggest taking on every course Hogwarts has to offer. It takes up a lot of time leaving you with about three hours asleep a night if your lucky. I am a fourth year and the sooner my OWL's come and than go the better. I am looking foreword to having a life once again." Eden said as she pulled her Tarot cards in front of her and started shuffling them.

Steph shrugged. "I probably will. I want to get the best out of what I do in school so I will definitely be doing all I can to keep it up." Steph had always been pushed to do as much as she could with her life and if that meant spending seven years stuck in Hogwarts doing every lesson possible then that was what she was going to do. She didn't care if people started teasing her for it or laughing. She was going to be the one in the future with the amazing job while other people were working for scraps. "What are they??" Steph nodded towards the cards. She had never seen them before and was intrigued to find out about them.

Eden nodded her head. She understood where she was coming from. "I feel the same way but I'm getting into some of the clubs here and I would like more time be more active. That and I have a wedding to plan and it takes a lot of time. The O's I'm pulling in all my subjects feels great but I'm not so sure anymore if just being the best student is the most important thing in my life." Eden was proud of her grades but at the same time she wished she had more time to spend on just her. Looking at the cards in her hands Eden frowned. "These are Tarot cards. A Tarot of the Elves deck to be exact. They are for Divination class. I loved last years classes but this year lets just say neither myself nor the Professor enjoy Tarot cards to much. They are a bit hard to understand. I think tea leaves are so much better." Eden could read tea leaves like no one else in her class, but this year she was not the top more like the middle which did not sit right with Eden.

Steph smiled. "Why are you planning a wedding?? Shouldn't that be left to someone who's older and already has a life and a job??" Steph couldn't understand why this sort of thing had been left to a fourteen year old girl to do. It was just unorthodox. "I'm not great with Divination but I cope. I'm better when it comes to subjects with facts that have to be known. When it comes to actually doing stuff I start to get lower grades. Charms, Transfiguration and DADA are seriously dropping at the moment. I'm going to get my sister to give me a hand though. She's good at all three of them." Steph shrugged. "Can you teach me a bit about the cards then?? Perhaps then I'll be able to practice a bit before we have to do. Then I'll keep my grades up which leads to a happy mum." Steph liked keeping her mum and dad happy but she never saw her dad which made it difficult and she only saw her mum on Brightstone weekends.

Eden shook her head. "There are at this moment dozens of people planning this wedding along with myself. Seeing as I am the bride to be everything has to be to my likely or it will not be in the wedding." Placing the cards done for a moment, Eden reached into her bag and pulled out her wedding planner. "This is a special planner. Each one planning this wedding has one just like it. When they want to know what I think about something. They place it in there book close it and tap it with there wand and it ends up in my book. Very helpful I might add." Eden was sure after her wedding there would be a lot of brides out there who would want a planner like this for there own. Putting the book away. Eden once again picked up her cards and shuffled. "I wish I could but I don't even know how to read them. They don't speak to me. I just do this in hopes that they get used to my hand. So when I go to class I don't like to much of a fool." It sadden Eden that she was falling behind in a subject that meant so much to her.

Steeph's eyes widened. "You're own wedding??" She repeated Eden's words without even meaning to. "Sorry for acting so shocked about it." She laughed slightly. She hadn't wanted to seem rude at all. "It's just, I haven't even had a boyfriend, let alone get engaged." She shrugged. "That is definitely a cool book though. Did someone in your family cast the spell or did you buy them from somewhere??" This sort of thing always intrigued Steph in a way which even she couldn't understand.
She looked back down at the cards. "That seems to be what everything in divination is like for me. Tea leaves I'm ok with but things like crystal balls and reading people's dreams just fails completely for me. I don't know why. I guess you have to have a feel for the whole thing and it's not really my thing." Steph never liked divination much. It wasn't her worst subject but it wasn't her best either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back