Another Visit!

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Scorpius pushed open the doors of the Hospital Wing as he was carrying Luna in his arms. He set her down on a bed opposite of the one he had been laying in a few hours before and waited around for Nurse Coogan. He laughed as he couldn't wait to see the look on her face when she saw him here again, though this time, thankfully, it wasn't for him. He turned to Luna and sat on a seat next to the bed, "Now sit tight," he said to her, so she wouldn't leave and protest that she was fine.

Luna let out a quick frustrated breath. "I still don't think I -ACHOO!- need to be -achoo!- Here." Luna said sneezes breaking up her sentences. Why was her face so hot? She didn't think she had a fever, but with the way her face felt she knew her cheeks must be red as tomatoes. She put the back of her hand to her forehead and quickly yanked it back, her red hot head and ice cold hand clashing with one another. The rest of her face was white as a sheet. "But I suppose since we're already here." Luna said

"Thank you," Scorpius said to her with a triumphant grin on his face. "You'll thank me later when you're at the Halloween feast," he said to her with another grin. It wasn't just the Halloween feast, he just wanted her to feel better already. As she had said earlier, she felt like hell, and that was definitely something he didn't want to hear.

Sidney walked out of her office as the sound of young voices once again filled the wing, she had already had a busier then usual day, a couple of broken hands and colds and such. Walking out into the wing she actually stopped in her tracks, "Mr. Knight, your visits are becoming a regular occurance. I hope your not getting yourself into trouble," she said, one arched eyebrow raised. Her eyes shifted to the girl laying on the bed who seemed to be the subject of this visit, she walked quickly over. "Your not looking to well," she commented her eyes scanning over the girl, "What seems to be the problem?" she asked.

Luna looked at the nurse and started listing her symptoms as she had done at Muggle clinics many times before for Strep throat, She could tell that wasn't what this was though. and It wasn't a cold either or else she wouldn't be having to try to keep any food down. "Well, I've been coughing and sneezing like crazy, I've been feeling quite tired all day, I believe I might have a fever, and I'm actually starting to feel a bit queasy." She said realizing more had been wrong with her than she had originally recognized.

Sidney listened as the girl began listing symptoms, "Okay, I'm just going to take your temperature," she said, summoning a thermometer. "Yes you do have a high temperature," she said looking at the number which was above average. "How long have you been feeling like this?" she asked.

"Well, I've been feeling a bit off for the past three or four days but alot of this came on rather suddenly this morning. Getting worse as the day went on." Luna said, Her stomach continuing to churn. Her face getting a very faint green tint to it, and Now I'm glad he brought me down here... Throwing up is where I draw the line. she thought, if she could find a way not to puke when she was sick she would definitely take it.

Scorpius merely grinned at Nurse Coogan as if he was delighted to be here again. In a way he was because this time he wasn't the one who needed fixing. As she took Luna's temperature and Luna listed her symptoms he realized she had been a lot worse than he thought. He grabbed her hand and interlaced his fingers with hers and said, "Sidney will fix you up in no time. Right?" he asked, the tiniest hint of anxiety in his voice. She had mended his broken ribs in minutes, surely she could make Luna's cold go away.

Luna turned to Scorpius, locked her green eyes onto his gray ones and gave his hands a small reassuring squeeze. "She will, don't worry." she said softly as to not hurt her throat and gave him a small smile before turning back to the nurse, not letting go of Scorpius's hands. I mean, if she can mend broken ribs that quickly she could certainly cure a small cold. she thought

"Okay," Sidney said, her mind was flicking through cases which it could be, it seemed more then a cold but nothing too serious. "Lets not rush things Scorpius," she said gently, her tone giving a slight warning underneath it. "I think you probably have flu," she said her eyes still scanning over the girl to make sure she had the right diagnosis. "And I'm afraid I would like to keep an eye on you for a while," she said, "This," she said summoning a small potion, "Should ease the nausea," she said, the liquid was flavoured so as to take away some of the horrible tast and usually worked quickly. "Did you say you have a headache?" she asked, summoning some muggle headache tablets.

Luna nodded at the nurse as she took in this information, wondering exactly how long she would have to stay here. She was about to take the potion and swallowed it but right before she got it to her lips. "Oh! Before I take this would it have any adverse affects with my Flu shot? I took it a while ago so I don't think much of it is there any more but I figured I should ask anyways." she asked not wanting to impale even more onto her body. Luckily the flu shot should make it pass quicker naturally as well, Her sister Trista had gotten the flu twice and the time she had had a vaccination for it beforehand Symptoms were a lot less severe and went by alot quicker.

Sidney thought for a second, "No it should work with the flu vaccination." she said nodding, "Its good you had that, it will make it clear up alot faster," she said nodding.

"Okay." Luna said before drinking the potion. It tasted okay, which was a good thing in case she had to take any more of it. "So how long do you reckon I'll have to stay here?" she asked hoping that by some miracle she would be able to attend the Halloween feast the next night.

Scorpius sat there at Luna's side and his forehead wrinkled in concern when the nurse said she wanted to keep an eye on her. Did that mean it was worse than they both thought? Now he was really glad he'd brought her here. He listened to the two of them exchange information about flu shots and nodded, interested in all this. He turned to Luna and said, "I'll stay here with you as long as you need to stay here," as he waited for Sidney to say how long she needed to stay there.

"Oh a couple of hours at the most," Sidney said, she was aware of the Halloween feast tonight and she didn't want her to have to miss it, "I'll have you all better for the feast tonight," she assured her, "But I think you need to have a sleep," she said, knowing the potion would soon make her feel drowsy, after all rest was a quick healer, "So Mr.Knight, will you promise not to distract my patient?" she said chuckling lightly.

Luna smiled knowing she would only have to be down here for a few hours. She let out a small yawn, "Sleep sounds good." she said the potion seeming to work quicker with the vaccination rather than against it as she had feared. "So how long will it take for this potion to knock me out?" she asked, most medicine had drowsiness as a side affect and she didn't think Wizarding medicine would be much different.

Sidney smiled, "I'd say in about half an hour you'll be asleep," she said, "And sorry I forgot to ask for your name," she siad, she would get started on the notes immedietly. She looked at Scorpious hoping he would not distract Luna and allow her to sleep, the rest would do her good.

Scorpius sighed inaudibly in relief when she said a few hours at the most, glad that her flu didn't seem so bad after all. He smirked up at Nurse Coogan when she asked if he would distract her patient but said, "No I won't distract her," with sincerity. He knew Luna needed her rest if she were to get better like he wanted. "But I'm not leaving until she's better," he said with a smile and a tone of finality in his voice, repositioning himself on the seat next to her bed.

"Good,"Sidney said nodding, "You don't have to go anywhere," she added, laughing lightly as he plonked himself down in the chair by her bed, "But she will be here for a few hours, and I intend her to sleep for most of them," she added, a friendly warning in her voice.

Scorpius grinned at Nurse Coogan and nodded his head. "I'll let her sleep," he said as if defeated but kept the smile on his face.

"Luna Paramore." she answered watching as the nurse wrote some things down. The time passed by quickly and before she knew it she was fighting to keep her eye lids as she stood up and clumsily pulled back the covers on the hospital bed, burrowing herself under them before curling up and falling asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back