Another room to explore

Leah Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
Wand
13" Sequoia Dragon heartstring
The corridors were long and winding, but for Leah Winters it was what she needed right now. She was determined to scope out every room and explore every inch of this castle. She was the type of person who needed to know everything about the place she was at, and since she would be living here for the next two years, it was inevitable for her to explore. The trophy room was just one of the many places she would come to find.
Leah entered the room and took a quick look around. It seemed interesting enough. No one was in here, yet there was bound to be some student wandering in any minute. Better make this quick. She realized.
However, it wouldn't be that simple. Her attentions were caught on the trophy descriptions and didn't notice the gentle padding of footsteps on the cold Hogwarts Trophy Room floor.

Katheryn Kingsley was looking for a quiet place to practice some practical spells. She was growing tired of her lessons. It seemed that year she had been taught at home had put her ahead of the others. She was still dressed in her school uniform from her classes that day. Kat figured that the trophy room would be a good place to try since it was typically empty.

Kat rounded the corner to find a girl she didn't know in front of her. "Oh hello." she said in her soft, musical voice.

Leah had been inspecting the engravings of a trophy on a middle shelf. After hearing the soft voice behind her, she rose up, and turned to see a red headed Hufflepuff. She knew only one Hufflepuff, and he had been quite annoying. She wondered if it would be the same for this one.
"Hmph." Leah sniffed, looking her up and down. "Hello. And you are?"

Katheryn smiled nicely at the older girl. She looked to be about Kiera's age, slightly older than herself. Kat didn't like the way that the girl talked to her but shrugged it off. Maybe she was just having a bad day. "I'm Katheryn but I prefer Kat. I don't believe we have met before. Did you transfer?" Kat asked pleasantly. Lately, there had been many students transferring from others schools. It was quite peculiar in Kat's eyes.

The girl, Kat, was polite enough, but wasn't everyone at this school? "I'm Leah." She introduced herself, roughly. She folded her arms, and lifted her chin slightly. "I transferred." Leah replied. "From Beaxabatons. Ever heard of it?" She felt a tiny bit bad for being rude to a girl who seemed nice, but she had learned from her experiences at Beauxabatons, never ever trust a kind person.

Katheryn continued to excuse Leah's attitude to a bad day. She simply refused to believe that anyone was just nasty naturally. Katheryn flashed Leah a dazzling white smile. "Pleasure to meet you Leah." she said, her southern accent slipping through. Kat's polite smile remained on her face as the girl snapped at her about Beauxabatons. "Yes, I almost attended there one year but my mother decided to teach me at home instead. She's the Transfiguration professor here now but she wasn't then." she explained, her voice cheerful. "I have two friends at Beauxabatons though." she said as an after thought.

Leah's interest rose when she mentioned she had two friends from Beauxabatons. This girl seemed the type to hang around other nice girls like herself, so she wondered who at Beauxabatons was the two nice girls. "Who were they?" She asked curiously.

Katheryn smiled as the girl spoke nicely to her for the first time. "Well Grande Fuego I met a year ago during a Brightstone weekend and then I'm also friends with Sebastian Rossi too." she said, naming the two boys she knew at that school. "Do you know either of them?" she asked.

Ah boys. Leah thought. She hadn't hung out with that many boys from Beauxabatons, perferring to keep to herself, and her tight nit group of girls. Not that she hadn't any experience with boys, quite the contrary really. "I do not know them." She finally said after a few seconds of being absorbed in her thoughts. "Do they go here now?"

Katheryn smiled as the girl continued to be pleasant. Katheryn was really only good at being friends with boys. She hadn't ever had a boyfriend before. She was quite innocent. Kat shook her head at his question. "No they go to Beauxabatons. Well I suppose they do. Bas just transferred there and I haven't talked to Grande in a while." she said with a slight frown.

"Hm." Leah muttered, thinking back to when she went to Beauxabatons. Usually girls there played a little hard to get. The usual, 'I'm sweet, and innocent, and blah.' But really, they were just as vicious as Leah. "Poor guys." She shook her head with sympathy. "Well, I'm sorry that you haven't talked to your friends in a while."

Katheryn frowned. "Poor guys?" she asked. What was wrong with them? Kat didn't know what Leah was talking about. "Thanks I guess. But I actually just met Sebastian last Brightstone trip at that new mall. He was nice though." she said with a smile. He was her friend. She felt sure that he would Owl her sometime this coming week.

Not wishing to inform Kat about the flirtations of the girls at Beauxabatons, Leah shook her head. "Nothing." She looked at another trophy above the one she had been reading previously, and proceeded to ignore Kat briefly. "This is interesting." She commented to herself.

Katheryn didn't know what to make of this girl. She didn't answer Kat's question and then proceeded to ignore the girl. Leah must be having a hard time adjusting. she thought to herself. She had a kind heart and never wished to think anything bad about anyone. "What is?" she asked.

"Someone won an award for exceptional Seer Skills." Leah murmured. She had always been fascinated by the art of divination, and looked forward to going to a class soon enough. Finished reading, Leah turned back to Kat, and gave her a thin lipped smile. "Well, I've seen everything I can in this room."

Katheryn was perplexed by Leah's attitude. She placed her hands on her hips. "Okay? And?" she said as the girl made an announcement about having seen everything. Kat was planning on practicing her magic. She didn't care if the girl left.

Leah narrowed her eyes at the girl, and briskly walked past her out of the room. Kat's comment slighty perturbed her, but she brushed it off, and quickly made her way back to her common room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back