And so the hunt is on

Mike Gray

Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Mike made his way down to the first floor after packing the necessities which mainly included junk food. Mike had told his "group" to meet him here, and Mike hoped that they would be on time, so they could get this floor over and done with, but what would be even better if they found the room of requirement on their first try on the floor, however unlikely it seemed.

Mike tried to remain optimistic in this matter, hoping they wouldn't have their work cut out. Mike opened some bertie botts, and started munching on them whilst waiting for Andy and Violet to arrive, and get the hunt going. Mike wondered whether Brian and Zuka would be as eager as he was to start looking and wondered whether they would start looking presumably in the north tower or even better if they had started already.

Andromeda saw Mike waiting on the first floor and smiled. She took out a bunch of peanuts and began tossing them at him as she approached.
"Hey heads up Goulding. Better be more alert than that or we'll never find the room" she laughed as she climbed the last three steps to him. She still had her bag slung over her shoulder from their meeting in the great hall and looked at his now.

"So you went and got provisions too? At least we won't starve" looking up and down the corridor a frown creased her brow, "Where's Violet then? Don't tell me she's getting more food. We should just set up a stall."

Mike felt something hit him repeatedly, he turned to see a friendly face and saw Andy tossing what looked like peanuts at him. Mike ducked out of the way at a few other stray ones. "Ah well, I've had my daily dose of caffeine, so i should be alright" Mike said a grin on his face. "Hmm, I have no idea where Violet is. I'm sure she won't be too late. Well I think it would be alright if she brought some much desired resources. The rate I'm getting through these, I'll be all out" Mike said, offering Andy a bertie botts.

Andy looked about at the mess she had created with the nuts, so she removed her wand and flicking it scourgified the lot. Once she was happy that the place was clean she helped herself to one of Mikes Bertie Botts.
"I haven't had one of these in ages" she popped it into her mouth and a look of horror masked her features,"Oh that is so unfair. I got a vanilla now where is the fun in that".

She laughed and looked around her again before leaning against the bannister as they waited for Violet to show up.
"Well at least we should have some bit of fun today, even if we don't find the room. Any ideas how we're to get inside it? I mean it's not just going to appear as we walk passed it is it?"

Andy had been hearing rumours of this room since she could remember and after finding it only once by sheer accident in first year, she had never been able to find it again. She didn't know how she had found it even then but she had and it had been absolutely brilliant.

"Lucky" Mike said remarking on the sweet Andy picked. Mike took one. "Great!" Mike said with a remark of disgust. "Kippers" Mike frowned swallowing the sweet quickly, the essence still remained in his mouth. "Nope, no idea what so ever. You?" Mike asked her. "It probably won't be too easy to find. Where would the fin be in that?" Mike asked smiling slightly, wondering where Violet was. "Violet does know we are hunting today right?" Mike asked Andy.

"Aw sweet you got the kipper, lucky sod you. I can get vanilla in any boring sweet shop. Here I'm nicking another one" she put her hand back into the box and took out a blueish bean this time rolling it in her fingers as she scanned the stair well this time.
"She should know, you did tell her didn't you?" Andy couldn't remember if it had been her job to do so or not but then remembered they had arranged everything down in the great hall.
"She probably just has one of her electives or something. I don't know we can wait another moment or so. Shame we don't have any of that lucky potion stuff the felix felicis, we would be sure to find it then".

She popped the bean into her mouth and nearly gagged with repulsion.
"damp socks or it could be more sweaty socks" she smiled though, the nasty flavours were usually the fun ones.

Violet skidded down the corridor, knowing she had to meet up with Andy and Mike. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," she spluttered, gasping for air. "Portrait...trapped me in conversation...couldn't get away," she hurriedly explained, looking extremely embarassed. "Really really sorry!" she apologised again, red-faced. In her hands she held a notebook and a muggle pen - which she was getting used to using again from Muggle Studies, figuring she could make notes of where they'd been and how they might be able to find the room.

"Hey no sweat Violet" Andy bumped her with her hip, a huge grin on her face.
"The lady in our portrait only talks to me when I've got food with me, doesn't want to know otherwise. Anyhow we better formulate some sort of plan now that the brains of the operation has finally arrived. We need to try and find it before the other two otherwise we'll never live it down."

Andy had a penchant for winning, to succeed in whatever she put her mind to and she knew that Brian was just as determined. She was really hoping that with all their brains though, that that was all the Ravenclaw team had going for them. She smiled at her co.conspirators, raising her eyebrows in anticipation.
"Well we know the room isn't going to just pop out and say 'here I am' so we should probably walk the length of breath of each corridor to do a sweep check. What do you guys think we should do?"

Andy was half afraid in case they would spend the day talking about it instead of actually doing it.

Mike smiled when Violet came into view. "Hey Vi" Mike said. "It's no biggie, we don't really have a planned schedule, so you haven't messed anything up" Mike said honestly. "Well I was thinking that it may be hidden behind a portrait. What do you think?" Mike asked, seeing as in his mind it made sense, but announced his suggestion the others, wondering if they thought it made sense. "Vi, gave me the idea just then. I mean portraits are used to contain passwage ways etc, and so it maybe password protected etc" Mike said waiting for their responses.

Violet nodded slowly at Mike's suggestion. "Hey, good thinking," she grinned, glad she was of some assistance. "Shall we go sweet talk portraits and run our hands along the walls, seeing if we can find this so-called room?" she asked. She had a feeling perhaps the room was higher up in the castle, but she didn't know why. It could be anywhere, she reasoned.

"Oh sure, let's touch some walls up and have all the vile portraits yelling at us. We certainly won't draw any attention to ourselves then will we?" she laughed rubbing her hands together.
"Well I'm up for annoying the great oaf two portraits down on the left side of this corridor. He's always calling me names and wolf whistling at me" she grumbled looking forward to a little pay back.
Turning to the other two she winked and inclined her head in the direction of the corridor.
"Come on then, the day will be over or at least it'll be lunch time soon and my stomach will not cope with me delaying it from its munch time".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back