And I Never Told You That...

Mandalyn Love

OOC First Name
Cole
Sexual Orientation
Dextersexual
Mandalyn Love had to finally let go of the idea of not ruining her dress. She'd already slipped in egg juices, and dropped a nearly whole bag of flour on her. Meanwhile her loving boyfriend, whom thought baking together for their anniversary would be a good idea, was covered in the oil she'd tossed to him (in her defense she thought it was closed) and some chocolate. The blonde was nearly having a panic attack as she stirred, and she was nearly positive the house elves were both amused and mortified by the mess. They were a couple of clumsy Claires, there was no doubt about that. However, Andi's blue eyes settled on Dexter and she saw him laughing, and couldn't help but think that she couldn't care less that they were both a mess.

Andi leaned on the counter, careful to avoid the mess of whatever-it-was that was not in the bowl. They had just placed their poorly put together cake made from scratch in the over, and the elves were already making another one it seemed. She was less and less hopeful for the outcome and sighed. "You look like the cutest baker, you know that?" She said, approaching him and touching his nose with a finger which had some frosting on it. Where she'd gotten frosting she had no idea. She looked at the oven. "How do you think our cake will taste, Chef Dexter?" She inquired, trying to fill the silent stare between them. She didn't want this to get awkward. Though she and Dexter had been together a year to the day, they weren't past kissing. This seemed like the perfect spot though, at least to try. She was sure like every other time, Dexter would politely break their lips apart with a smile and tel her some odd compliment. It was for the best she supposed - he barely knew her it seemed, while she knew loads about him. After all, she was wearing his favorite color, flowers in her hair like he liked, and barely any makeup. He always told her she was beautiful when she didn't wear any makeup. She was a Veela - she knew that now. She wondered if it was her mom, whom she hadn't found. Dexter was a Veela as well, she wondered if he was immune to being caught up in beauty, though since he only knew her lies she doubted that. Regardless, she needed to try and be happy for herself, and for this date.

Dexter was covered from head to toe in flour, and bits of chocolate mix. They streaked his cheeks like the stripes of a zebra, and the Slytherin could not be happier. It was their anniversary, and Dexter could not think of anything better to do than to hang out down in the kitchens, and bake. Not that he was a particularly talented baker - and they soon discovered that Mandalyn was just as bad. They dropped things, and Dexter continually attacked the ingredients before Mandalyn could use them, so she would end up smacking him. It was all very fun, until he dropped three eggs and got some cake mix in his hair. The elves were in the corner, watching their kitchen be decimated by the Slytherins - literally. About one in every ten plates was shattered on the floor, and Mandalyn and Dexter were not inclined to fix them all just yet.

He grinned as she complimented him, and playfully threw some flour at her. "And you would be the most beautiful," he replied happily, wiping the frosting from his nose and eating it. Delicious! He looked around the kitchen as she spoke once more, trying to evaluate the mess. "Hm... if that frosting is any indication - I'd say I'll taste amazing!" He looked at the cake as it slowly began cooking, his nostrils wiggling as they caught the scent of chocolate. "It smells so good. I already want to eat it." He pulled Mandalyn into a side hug, resting his arm on her hip and gesturing to the oven proudly. "Our masterpiece ah-la chocolatay cake!"

Mandalyn looked at her boyfriend, whom was the picture perfect replica of someone who was too excited when cooking. After all, Dex was too excited when doing anything. The young veela set down the whisk she had in her hands, attempting to block the flour he flicked at her. A sneeze erupted from her after inhaling some of it, and she followed the squeaking noise up with a laugh. Blonde hair flittered about in her ponytail as she moved beside the man she'd been with for quite some time, and allowed him to let his arm around her waist. Her stomach always felt warm when he did things like that - so seldom did she feel so loved. "Dexter, you're ridiculous." She stated before turning in front of him to kiss him gently.

She knew that with graduation coming up she had a responsibility to tell Dexter the truth, but as Andi sealed her lips over his own soft ones, she forgot that she was even a runaway. She forgot that she never knew her mom, and that her father had tried to replace the matriarch she'd never had. The woman was sure that Dex was the best distraction she'd ever had, and so she moved hands to his cheek as she moved away, holding his face in front of hers so she could just stare hopelessly into his blue oceans.

Dexter scrunched up his nose at being called ridiculous. He knew he was - but he also knew that it was much better to be ridiculous than to be boring. At least as ridiculous, he could be equal parts charming and fun. No one wanted to spend time with someone that didn't enjoy the company of others. He smiled gently at her as she held his face in her hands, before promptly wiggling his nose and moving his eyes until they were crossed, before making a funny pout with his lips and waggling his eyebrows. It was supposed to make her double over in laughter. He frequently did this to her, mostly because he enjoyed her laughing so much more than anything else. He returned his face to its normal, much more sightly appearance, and chuckled. "Am I still ridiculous?" he asked, feigning innocence.

His attention was grabbed by the oven when a little ding occurred. He poked her nose, before slipping his hands into some mitts, and pulling the lumpy cake out. It had grown at different paces, with some sides being higher than others, but it smelt wonderful. He put it on the counter, and reached for the cream and chocolate icing. He gave her the cream. "Decoration time!" He cheered, sticking his finger into some of the chocolate icing, and poking her nose ot leave some chocolate behind, before sucking the rest off of his finger and winking.

Mandalyngiggled at her boyfriend, the man that could potentially be a soul mate to her. She gave him a gentle, and very playful tap on the face. "You kill all moments you know. I can't imagine what it will be like when you get serious about us." Her last remark was only in jest, she was actually unsure if Dex was serious about her or not. She knew she cared deeply for him, but she also knew he knew next to nothing about her past; what he was hiding about her runaway status. She frowned at that thought, watching Dexter's back as she did so. The smile came back to her lips as he poked her nose though, and she grabbed a bit of her own and pressed it on him as well.

"I'm just ready to eat it" She complained slightly, hoping tasting something delicious would keep her mind off the previous wonders.

Dexter grinned back cheekily, before flinching like a cat being attacked with water when she tried to smeared stuff on him as well. He failed to stop her and used his powdered sleeve to clean his face. It only semi-worked however. Now his cheek was covered in flour rather than icing, but he was not about to be upset about this. he was having a brilliant time with Mandalyn, baking their first cake together. He now remembered why his mother didn't allow him in the kitchen, however. He twirled his spoon through the icing, and began applying it to the lumpy cake carefully, being careful not to break the still warm and squishy sponge-like cake. If the smell was any indication, this cake would taste amazing. A perfect testament to their anniversary, he felt. They had been together for a long time, and he was grateful for every day. He believed in love-term planning, and finding that special someone. He was young, and so was not planning anything crazy like children just now, but he did plan to eventually reveal to Mandalyn how he felt. They had never really spoken about anything like that yet, and it was important. To him, at least. There should be no secrets.

With the icing on the cake now, it was time for the cream. He held the cream carefully, his hands around Mandalyn's, and began guiding its placement. "It's going to be perfect, just like you," he whispered, kissing the side of his girlfriend's head. "Oh! We need plates!" He released her hands and began moving around, but was unable to find any. "You know what? Forks. We just need forks." He flourished them, and placed them beside the cake. "Hey - with the cream, put a smiley face!"

Monadlyn used her wrists to help her itch her nose, her fingertips covered in cake ingredients. She thought perhaps that it didn't matter much if she'd used her fingertips, as her face probably had remnants of the cake that he'd gotten her with. She held a sincere smile on her face as she watched him applying frosting carefully to the still warm cake. Bits of it seemed to melt, and become a little more liquid than frosting was meant to be. The youth bit back a laugh as she watched how delicate Dexter was with his frosting job, how he was so meticulous. She approached, a hand on his shoulder as she watched him. Then there was his small movement, placing arms and hands around her. Her face heated, and she allowed him to guide her.

"Perfect." She nearly scoffed, though put up no resistance to him moving the cream around on it. She was no where near perfect. He didn't understand what he was truly getting into with her, and it frustrated her - though she wasn't going to let it ruin their day. She instead changed frustration for a laugh. "Forks it is." She responded, placing a smile on the cake as he'd asked. She then turned, and set the cream to the side, asking a house elf politely to take it from her.

Dexter grinned as Mandalyn attempted to scratch her nose with her wrists. he would have assisted her in such an endeavour, but his own fingers were covered just as her were. He was sure she was tyring to avoid getting cake mix all over her nose, and doubted she'd need him getting it all over her face. Dexter simply smiled gently at her as she scoffed. She might have felt that she was less than perfect, and that was her business. To him, she would be nothing less than perfect, and he made sure to remind her each and every day they had together. Which were quite a few, considering he would on occasion skip classes to hang out with her. Her seventh year classes were much more important than his sixth year classes, after all.

He cheered and happily gushed in Bulgarian as the cake was complete, before placing a quick kiss on her cheek, getting frosting smeared on his lips. He laughed once more and licked it off, before hopping onto the bench and stabbing his fork into the cake. As it broke, warm, delicious smelling steam was released and he hummed with delight. It really was perfect. He looked at her, a mischievous smile growing on his lips as the steam continued. "See? Told you it's just like you," he said, popping some into his mouth. "You're full of steam too!" He began roaring with laughter, before entering a short-lived coughing fit as some cake went down the wrong way. Giggling to a close, he returned his fork to the cake, carving out another bit and offering it to her.

"I love you."

Mandalyn gave a cheeky slap to her Bulgarian boyfriend, though he was right, she was full of steam. After all steam was what caused her to punch a prefect in the face. Mandalyn could only be thankful that nothing came of that. She was in the midst of giggling with him, his coughing fit having subsided, when he said the three words that could stop her short. Her smile faded and she looked at Dexter, choking back a slew of words that came to mind. Her breathing was short, and her eyes went from a bright blue to dull as she tried to hold back emotions that threatened to bubble over without warning. "Dexter..." She breathed his name, her voice cracking slightly.

"We need to talk about us." She said with shaking tone, before grabbing his hand in hers. "Dexter I've not been completely honest with you, so, here it goes." And with a tone that was void of emotion she explained to him the situation. That she was a runaway, her father planning on remarrying to a woman she disproved of. That she'd been staying in a hotel with tow men she'd met in Italy and a friend of theirs. That she had been searching for her mom all this time, and the honest truth of who she was, and the school she came from. The honest truth that she was lying to him all this time. "I do want to be with you, and none of this was a lie. Dexter, I love you too, if you could ever forgive me I would like that a lot."

Dexter's smile faded slowly as Mandalyn's reaction didn't quite match what he had hoped they would be. His stomach began to knot as she mentioned that they needed 'to talk'. He remained silent, however, and tried not to think too much into her reaction. Maybe she inhaled some flour or something, and she wanted to talk about... houses or something. Or where they'd live, or maybe the weather. He wasn't a legimens, she could want to talk about them in any sort of way. It wasn't necessarily a break up or anything. Right?

His stomach relaxed as she began explaining her situation. He was utterly confused, and so tilted his head. "What?" He didn't very much care that she was a runaway, or had 'lied' this whole time. All she lied about was that she didn't like with her mum in New Zealand, really. He cared about Past Mandalyn, naturally, as she was the one that brought him Present Mandalyn, but he was most interested in Future Mandalyn, and hoping that she would stay with him. "I don't think there's anything to forgive, Mandalyn," he replied, his thumbs stroking her hands as he still held them. "I don't care that you've fibbed a little about the past - that kind of stuff doesn't matter. You're still Mandalyn, that girl that doesn't ever wear her glasses when she really should, and snorts when she laughs, and once had a noodle shoot out of her nose when I told her a stupid joke last week." He began chuckling at how embarrassed she had looked. Cherry-faced and all. "Just... just don't scare me like that! I thought you were going to tell me that you were a secret Scitorari spy ready to blow up the school or something!" He pulled her into a hug, and squeezed. "It's okay."

Mandalyn's eyes softened, her lips partially open. There was a slight tremor to her bottom lip as he spoke to her. How could he, someone so sweet, loving, caring, still love her after her lies. She gave a small laugh at remembering the noodle that shot from her nostril, how after wards Dexter had laughed so hard with her he'd nearly cried. The way he constantly forgot his glasses so they could see each other and share one more kiss before class. The tears began to roll down her cheeks at those memories, those thoughts. Their first date, and how his wallet turned into a bird, and she had to pay. On the second date, where the snow that came from no where fell onto his hair, messing his head, and they'd begun snowball fighting. On the third date, where they'd shared their first kiss.

Leaning up on tiptoes Mandalyn kissed Dexter with a ferocity that was all from love. Her lips melded into his, the flower and chocolate and egg mixing together in the heated moment. Finally, once breathless, the blonde pulled back, hugging her boyfriend close to her. "I love you Dexter Lesley - and I always will." This was the best anniversary Mandalyn could have ever asked for - and she prayed for many more.

end

Users who are viewing this thread

Back