And Her Name Was As Beautiful As She...

Ademar Nacht

OOC First Name
Cole
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Ademar could not believe what he had gotten himself into. He had told himself the positives over and over again. it was the dinky little motel, and it was going to be a nice family, with a nice house, and nice food. Though the cons majorly outweighed the pros. He didn't like magic, he didn't know these people, he had nothing to give them, and he was just upset in general to be around the cheery Gryffindor and his all magical family. Ademar felt guilty that he was judging them though; Samual was obviously nice. He wanted Ademar to have a great place over the holidays since he was alone. And the thoughts of loneliness came back to him slowly. He missed his mother, his sisters, his brothers; for goodness sake, he even missed his father. As judgmental as his father was, it was his papa; he had raised him. Ademar looked down sadly at the yellow piece of paper that had the address written on it. It was now or never.

it might have sounded silly, but the inky motel sounded nice about now. At least there, he could mope in silence. He though of his sister Addie now; where was she? Was she better. He had heard she went on her rumspringa. That was exciting; she was a doctor he was sure. She had dreamed of it since falling ill, after all. He smiled slightly at that thought. She was who he missed most of all. They had always been so close. With that thought, Ademar realized he had just been standing staring at the piece of paper in his hands. He double checked again to make sure he was in the right place; he was. He then knocked slowly on the door. Once, then twice. He pulled his hand away and left it at his side. He was well dressed in semi-formal cloths. Dress pants, white button up and a black vest. He was always very formal. He heard the door creak open,a dn prepared himself for the holidays; they would be long this year.

Lisa smiled slightly and walked through the Kaster Manor. Finally, a holidays were nothing was going incorrectly, yet. It was rare for Samual to bring home friends, but Lisa wasn't entirely sure why. She knew he had an abundance of them, but seemed to shy away from bringing them home. Thankfully not everyone was home today, which meant that the boy would not be overwhelmed. Tamalia was still with Tess, something Lisa was grateful for, she couldn't handle the girl anymore, she was just far too much. With Hamish, Bethany and Lucy running around? Lisa could barely find time to breathe. Then Jack would come over being stupid as usual and make her life that much harder. Hayden never really helped, she'd just talking to everyone and try to calm them down, while Lisa was yelling at them. How was Lisa going to raise her siblings to be responsible adults like her parents had tried before her, if Hayden kept on undoing everything with kind, soothing words? Lisa stopped at a moving photo of her parents. They looked so happy, moving around, her father trying to open a bottle of wine the muggle way, while her mother was laughing her head off watching the grown man fail at it. Her father being a pure-blood, he'd never used a bottle opener in his life. The one next to it was of herself and her slightly younger sister, Abbey. Presumably arguing over what appeared to be a stick. A smirk found its way to the older woman's features as she realised that they were pretending to have wands. Too bad neither of them ended up having enough magic to ever use a wand. There were a few other photos hanging on the wall, but Lisa's attention was taken away by the fact that she'd heard a knock on the door right in front of her.

Lisa opened the door and saw a boy. This must be Samual's friend. "Hello Ademar, I trust your trip was safe." She greeted, opening the door wider to let the boy in. "Samual is just helping his little brother with something." She explained, leading the boy through the house and to the lounge room, where Jack could be found, sitting on the coffee table. Again. Lisa hated people sitting on coffee tables, and Jack knew this fact, so naturally he made it a point to do it whenever he could. "Samual! Your guest is here!" She called, turning back to Ademar.
"He'll be down soon."

Jack enjoyed the holidays, because it meant that his siblings would be back and he could annoy them. Well, attempt to. It was harder these days because Tess had her baby now, and Tamalia wasn't exactly his biggest fan right now, nor was he hers. Jack had done some class A stupid things, but never, ever had he ever gotten himself expelled, or even threatened to be expelled, because he was adventurous and sarcastic, not stupid. Sitting down on the coffee table with a cup of butterbeer in his hands, Jack waited for Samual's little friend to show up. Jack liked meeting new people, it was fun, though rarely did he make it a point to meet Samual's friends since they were far younger than him. Jack was sure Sammy would befriend kids that jumped around and loved to be loud, and he was sure that he'd invite a kid like that home, even if that was an extremely rare occurrence these days.

Jack looked up when he heard Lisa, and then looked at who he presumed to be Ademar Nacht. In all honesty, the boy didn't look like one of Samual's friends. For starters, he was dressed like he was going to a formal get-together, not a friends house for the holidays, and he just seemed to ooze proper behaviour. There must have been a mistake. Was Samual nutts? Usually he went for more... happier people, people that looked like they enjoyed life on a regular basis, but in an attempt to not appear rude, Jack stood up and nodded to the boy. "Hey, I'm Jack." He greeted, glancing briefly at Lisa. "If you need me, I'll be out the back." He added, moving past them both.

Standing rigidly, Ademar looked up at the tall, blonde woman. She seemed friendly, and some part of him thought of his own mother once more. She wondered if his mother thought of him this often too. probably not, she was probably ashamed of him just like his father. He gave a polite head nod and a slight bow, automatically feeling out of place. "Mrs. Kaster, my trip was delightful. I want to thank you for inviting me into your house for the holidays. The place I was staying was lass than... humane." He said, a slight shudder running through his mind. So many insects everywhere, and arachnids for that matter. just to many bugs, and some he had never seen before. He was also sure that the mold in the corner of the room had started to move one night. All together, it was a scary place to stay. He supposed that the hospitality that Samual offered was a bit Amish, like himself. He smiled at her and stated, "I assure you I will try not to be a bother during my stay here. i can always do work around the house if needed." Ademar would almost prefer to do work, instead of staying there with nothing to do but attempt to get to know Samual; an almost impossible feat.

He heard her holler for Samual, and almost wanted to tell her not to bother him. he noticed the man on the coffee table soon after that thought had passed. "Hello, sir." Ademar said with another slight nod; his customs were deep in ground in him. He watched as the man seemed to be uncomfortable in the situation, though Ademar couldn't figure out why. He was being polite, and he was well dressed; maybe too well dressed? Was that possible? Ademar always had a knack for looking nice, and he was almost always semi-formally dressed. He like to look presentable, and in his land white button ups and black pants were almost customary. In fact, the dress was another thing Samual had to get used to. At first he thought of most females as harlots for the way that they dressed; showing off knees and even thighs. Now he had become accustomed to it, and did not mind the knee length dresses on girls, though any shorter bothered him.

Samual frowned and stared at Hamish pleadingly. Why couldn't he stay at Lochy's house for the holidays? Lucy and Bethany decided to stay at Tess's, and she didn't even have kids their age they could play with. Samual soon answered his own thought. Hamish lived to make his life difficult. Running into Annalie a few months ago? Samual was surprised he got away with his life, considering all of the comments that Samual wished Hamish hadn't of made. With a sigh, Samual stood up and picked up Hamish, putting him in his room with all of his toys and leaving. Samual loved children, but Hamish could be considered a demon. The fact that no form of magic could be used around him without him having a fit just made things that little more difficult. Samual smiled when he bumped into Amanra and stopped her from falling. "I didn't see you there, Amy." He confessed, looking towards the main hallway when he heard Lisa calling his name. "That's my friend, Ademar. D'you wanna meet him?!" He asked excitedly. In true Samual nature, he didn't wait for his sister to actually reply, he just grabbed her wrist and half-ran down the stairs.

Samual smiled at Jack, who walked past quietly. Usually whenever Lisa was in a ten-mile radius, Jack looked uncomfortable. Samual suspected they had been arguing more often than they let on, but he didn't really get into it. Finding Ademar and Lisa in the lounge room, Samual dragged Amanra in front of them and smiled brightly. His plan was coming together, hopefully everything would work out. "Hey Ademar!" He greeted, nodding his head. Usually he'd hug his friend in greeting, but he had the distinct impression that Ademar would loathe receiving a hug from him, so he didn't do it. "This is my sister, Amanra, Amanra, this is Ademar." He announced. "Anyway, would you like me to show you the guest bedroom? Or a tour of the house first?"

Amanra loved the holidays, they were never boring. The blonde had made it her mission to excel in school, and it was coming off great, except for the letter that she'd get from her family. Usually they'd be riddled with horrible news, such as Tamalia's expulsion. Sure, it was awhile ago now, but at the time Amanra had some work to do and she'd forgotten to do it, in fact, she had to stay up the whole night so she could finish it. It was Charms, her worst class. Not that she was failing anything, but it was hard to get an O every year in the class. She was determined though, that was why she switched to Salem in the first place, it was better for her studies. With a small sigh, Amanra pulled her hair up and reapplied some light make up. The holidays were important, because unlike Samual, who had that Yule ball thingy before his holidays, Amanra had a ball at Salem a few weeks after the holidays, giving her the time she needed to pick a dress and her hair style and have it all sorted out so she didn't have to worry. A smile crossed her face as she looked at her reflection. Now she could go down to Lisa and asked if she looked okay.

Amanra decided against the dress rather quickly though, she didn't like it. It seemed a little too party-like, she was attending a ball, not a birthday party. There was a difference. Removing her make up and took off her dress, then put on her second choice and rearranged her hair and once again applied her make up. She smiled again, this was worth showing Lisa. Closing her bedroom door behind her and steadying herself with her heels, Amanra walked towards the stairs, just in time for her to nearly fall down them. Because of Sammy. "Samual!" She exclaimed in shock, grateful that he stopped her from falling. She rolled her eyes. "Don't worry about it, but-" She was interrupted by her hyperactive brother when his name was called, and when he asked her a question, Amanra shrugged. "Sammy, I can't-" Once again, Samual interrupted her, not that she was expecting to actually finish a sentence when in his presence. She found herself dragged down the stairs and nearly tripping over her dress.

Soon, Amanra was face to face with a rather formal looking boy. She fixed her hair and stared at Samual critically. He was always five steps ahead of everyone, and he was always rushing around, he could never sit still. For some, it was annoying, but Amanra preferred to see it as endearing, sort of. "Hello Ademar, I'm Amanra." She greeted, feeling slightly over dressed. She looked over at the silent Lisa and smiled slightly. "Do you think I look okay?" She asked, doing the movie-star twirl and hair flip. "Or do you think I should go for another shade of lipstick, or maybe a different purse?" She looked at Samual and Ademar, totally ignoring what Sammy said because he often did it to her. "What do you two think? Good? Or absolutely horrible?" Being slightly self-concious, Amanra regularly asked for the opinion of others, especially her family, and right now Ademar was expected to include himself in family questions, such as this one. "Samual, you're good with colours. Do you think I should go for a pink? Or keep with this. Because I like this one, but I have another one."

Ademar was skeptical about this whole thing really. He wasn't sure whether or not they followed the same customs as he had one back home. He graced his food, and many people didn't do that. The Yule season, he had always believed, was a time for families to get together, and converse, and love one another. He didn't have that anymore, and this family, which was rather interesting, could never fill the void that his family left in him. Ademar's hands were behind his back as he waited for Samual to come out of the room. He looked to the woman whom he would only call Mrs. Kaster, and then, as he heard footsteps, back to Samual; which is who he had assumed was coming down. He saw Samual first, and gave a slight nod. he then noticed a hand and looked into the face of an Angel.

Everything moved in slow motion, Ademar noticed. He could only see her, it was like everyone else disappeared. His heart beat sped up, and he felt as if he was floating. She was beautiful, stunning, elegant; she had all the graces that a woman should. Her lips were ruby colored, and her eyes; her eyes were an indescribable shade. He watched her every movement, his mouth held tightly closed, so that it wouldn't drop to the floor with the way that he stared at her. When she introduced herself, her voice reminded him of a choir of angels, singing out. She must have been heaven sent. He smiled, for the first time since being with Samual's family; and possibly for the first time around Samual. Ademar gently took Amanra's hand, bowed his head slightly, and kissed the top of it. it was respectful to do in his culture, especially with a woman you would plan on courting. And she was so perfect how could he not court her. Ademar looked straight into her eyes and said, "Hello, it is most pleasurable to meet you." In some people's eyes, he may have been laying it on too thick, but for Ademar, it was the perfect amount of interest to be shown.

He felt his stomach do twists when she twirled around. The fabric was greatly complimented by how stunning the woman within truly was. "You look beautiful, if i may say. I think nothing about you needs to be changed." his voice was gentle and he smiled at her again, a small one, but a smile nonetheless. Ademar then looked at Samual, hoping that he would say nothing about the way that she looked. She was perfect.

Samual was glad that Amanra managed to not fall flat on her butt, otherwise she'd probably try to kill him, that'd be upsetting! This was an everyday thing though, minus the having a friend over part. Amanra was always getting ready for the ball at Salem, while he'd drag her all around the house, though Tamalia would usually be with them, but she was with Tess now. The Gryffindor still wasn't sure whether Ademar wanted to be shown the house, or his room, but that could all wait, right? His suitcase would be simply to take upstairs. Now that Sammy thought about it. Where was Ademar's suitcase? Did he have a suitcase with him? Samual got the feeling that Ademar wasn't used to staying with complete strangers, but he was quite sure that he'd have a suitcase somewhere. Samual watched Amanra introduce herself to Ademar, and he do the same. He seemed a little different, and it took Sam several seconds to actually realise that Ademar was smiling, because it didn't quite compute. Sammy was sceptically as to whether Ademar could actually smile, but it seemed that it was possible.

Samual beamed at Ademar as he seemed to be... distracted by his sister. It was sort of hilarious, and a little disturbing, but mostly adorable. He'd never seen Ademar so surprised... or happy, ever. It was strange, but he could get used to it. When Amanra asked about the colour of her dress, Sammy shrugged slightly. "I like the colour. Pink sometimes makes you look like you're wearing a boat-load of blush. It's a little scary." He explained, smiling slightly and looking back at Ademar, who seemed to be laying it on super thick. If this continued, Sam felt that he might have to give them a room. They had just met! "So Ademar, do you want to see your room yet?" He questioned, smirking at Amanra playfully. This was going to be a fantabulous holiday.

Amanra smiled and nodded at Ademar. He was a nice boy, very sweet and well spoken. She glanced at Samual for a split-second. The look was of curiosity. Where had Sammy found this boy? They were opposites, it was amazing that Ademar could withstand Sammy's personality for long periods of time. Her and her siblings only put up with Samual and managed to love him because he was their brother, and he had some good qualities that helped them be able to ignore his persistent and hyperactive nature. Ademar seemed to be very old fashioned and proper, something Amanra wasn't used to, at all. The boys in Amanra's household were a less than proper. The only one that was close to be 'proper' was Samual, but he was far too childish to be proper. It was an endearing quality, it made her smile and she liked it. Hopefully Sammy would bring home more friends like this, ones that were decent and didn't run around loosing their heads at everything and trying to climb trees. Having to watch noisy, energetic teenagers took a lot out of her, which is why she realised that that was probably why Lisa decided to watch the toddlers. In all honesty, she'd rather watch Hamish than try and keep Samual out of trouble, because watching Hamish was easier.

Admittedly, Amanra was quite surprised to be treated the way Ademar was treating her. Samual's cheesy smile wasn't helping and she rolled her eyes at her brother. "Sam, go help Ademar unpack." She said, ignoring the Gryffindor for a few minutes before replying to him. "Anyway, thankyou Sam for your input." She added, turning back to Ademar. If only she could trade them, she was sure she'd get some downtime with Ademar as a brother, rather than Sammy as a brother. A smile once again formed on the blondes face, even though she tried to stop it, but it didn't work. "Thankyou Ademar, this is going to be the dress I'm going to wear this to the ball held at my school." She explained. "Anyway, I agree with Samual, you go see your room, just so you know where to go later today." She explained.​
<i>
</i>

Ademar didn't even look away from Amanra. If he wasn't looking into her eyes, he was looking at her lips, her cheeks, her dress, everything about her. He couldn't take it all in at once, and he knew that this was her. This was the girl that his mother said he would meet. He remembered when he was younger, she said that there would always be love, but when you found that one person to love for good, forever, then you would know. And Ademar knew. He felt slightly nervous now, and his heart rate had picked up. He felt as if love was a dangerous concoction now. Could this kill him if he stayed there too long? Samual's voice broke through his thoughts, and for the first time since she had elegantly walked down the stairs, Ademar pulled his eyes from Amanra and looked to Samual. Ademar wanted to say no to seeing his room. He wanted to learn more of the blonde-haired beauty he saw before him, However, he knew that maybe, she wouldn't want him there.

Amanra piped in and agreed with Samual, but his heart did not sink. Somehow he felt like it wasn't because she didn't want to talk longer. So, he nodded in agreement. "Alright, take me to my room, please, Samual." He said, still keeping a formal air about him. "And Amanra, I doubt you look scary in pink, though without makeup, you'd look even more radiant." With that sentence out of his mouth, he turned on his heel, and followed Samual to where his room was. He wondered if his compliment was too much, if he was being a little strange. He couldn't help it, Samual knew he was in love. it was love at first sight, for a maiden with a name as beautiful as she was. He watched the back of Samual's curly head, until they reached the room, and then Ademar asked, "your sister, is she related to you by blood?" It may have sounded rude, but the way that she acted just seemed completely different. She was polite, well mannered, and was not hyper like her brother. it would only make sense that they were not related. He set his light suitcase own for a second, only to pick it back up after readjusting his grip. He hadn't brought too much; he didn't really have too much, in all honesty.

Samual smiled slightly and left the room, with Ademar behind him. He tried his best to keep the smirk off of his face, it'd be rude. He stopped by the spare room, which was right across from his own room and opened it quietly. It was like any other spare room in someone's home. The sheets on the bed were a light shade of blue, there was a desk for writing letters, a window for owls or some other letter carrying creature to exit and enter from, a wardrobe to hold clothes, a large lamp on the bedside table and a bookshelf with some books, all ranging from Shakespeare to Gildroy Lockhart. When Sammy heard Ademar speak, he was quite puzzled by the question. Surely he and Amanra didn't look that different? It must be the different hair, there did tend to make people look totally different. He smiled. "Full siblings." He stated pleasantly. "I don't have any half siblings." To Samual, his parents had the best marrige in the universe and that meant that he did not have any half siblings he didn't know about.

"Anyway, this is your room." He stated, moving out of the way so that Ademar could enter easily. "It's not a lot, but Lisa wasn't sure if you'd like anything extra, so she just went with the basic stuff." Samual looked out the door and pointed down the hallway. "The bathroom is just three doors down and the kitchen is on the right of the lounge room." Once the lay out of the house was told, it was pretty obvious that it was quite large, but it was a family home, it had been passed down for generations before his father brought it, so it was bound to be large. "Do you need anything else? The towels and stuff should be in the wardrobe."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back