An Unexpected Meeting

Sophia Stark

OOC First Name
Kaela
Sophia was determined to milk her freedom for all it was worth. Going back to school was possibly the last thing she wanted, so why not enjoy herself while she could? After all, returning to Hogwarts was going to be an utter nightmare. It was for these reasons that the teen found herself walking down the street in Brightstone Village.

Even though she was wearing a coat Sophia had her arms wrapped around herself. Her long black hair was down and blowing behind her in the breeze. The clouds were almost completely blocking the midday sun and it made the former, or not so former, Slytherin shiver in her steps.

Jacob had manage to escape from the breathing neck of his professor back at Drumstrang. It was sort of a trick him and his brother where able to learn from the beginning of their first school year. Yet after all these years, they had sucessfully manage not to get caught, he smirk just thinking about it.

Jacob stood by the corner of the street with his arm tucked in his red vest jacket, and a hoody covered his spikey black hair barley. His almost six feet height tower most of thoes that passed him, he gleed at his youth growth spourt. A gush of wind flew pass his form, he turned his eyes to blink, shaking his head making sure nothing had flown in them. Once he knew for certain they where clear, that when he saw her. She looked a bit older, but she was snugged in a winter coat with her amrs embracing herself. Was it that cold?, he asked himself, only to be interage by the girl apperances.

He couldn't help it, or maybe it was the teenage boy in him, but he reaccted quickley. Once she had walk in front of him, his almost clear voice could be heard loud enough for her "Hey going somewhere, in hurry?" he would ask in a half smile sort of way.

Sophia stopped suddenly at the sound of a voice. Was he talking to her? She turned to look at the owner of the voice, her gray eyes narrowed as she analyzed the boy. He was taller than her, which was surprising. This guy had to be close to her age, but Sophia did not recognize him at all.

"Maybe I am. What is it to you?" The lanky girl stood, her right hip cocked out and a skeptical look on her face. Sophia was willing to give the guy a chance, but it would take a lot to capture her interest.

"Hoping to get your attenion" he would tilt his head to the side meeting her gray optics. They where different, something new he had never seen before. Maybe in a movie, but now so close that he could almost touch her. Her skin was flawless, she was more like a porclean doll to him, fragile in a way, but yet tough on the edge. He winked his left eyes with his arms crossed to his chest now.

He looked more like a model now leaning against the building now. The cold air didn't phase him one bit, his face expression calm, but inside he just wanted her attention, meeting someone new in a way...

Sophia was shocked, and it showed as her gray eyes widened. Why would he want to get my attention? Putting her right hand on her hip the girl rolled her eyes and let out a sigh.

"Well, you have my attention. Now, what do you want?" The teen's pale face held an expression that said she meant business. There was not even a hint of a smile as she awaited this boy's response. Chances were he was not even worth what little time she was giving him, but Sophia supposed this was better than walking alone. At least no one else appeared to be around to witness this.

"Sweet may I take a walk with such a lady of your grace" he would ask her in such a smooth voice. Where did get such confident talking in the manner that he was. Its like he took an extra boost extreme pills this morning and just walked out the school with his head held high. But than again Jacob was the cunning one in the family. The things he do to get his way, its impossible to reject his action. He stared back at her t emotionless eyes. She looked like the type to reject on the spot, but maybe he will get his chance with her.

Sophia had to give it to the guy, he had some guts. It was intriguing, but not enough to really impress the girl. She looked away momentarily, seeming to debate in her head over how to respond before turning her gaze back to the boy.

"I cannot stop you if you wish to follow." The noirette's voice conveyed no specific emotion and her face was blank as she turned away from the boy. She started off slowly, curious as to whether or not she would be followed.

Jacob took that as a yes, as he slowly followed her. His almost six feet frame shadow her small petite structure, as he sway his body smoothley now side by side from her. "So why are you here alone if I may ask?" he said in a clear enough tone. He was curious to know about this girl, the way he got his first impression just made it clear he was interested in her.

Sophia was slightly surprised that the boy followed her, though not exactly disappointed. She was so used to people fearing her that it was an interesting change to have someone actually trying to talk to her like this. So, she let it happen, walking with a normal pace down the street. Since the guy was tall he shouldn't have a problem keeping up with Sophia, who was fairly normal in height.

"I prefer being alone," the girl responded shortly, keeping her gaze forward as she walked. "All people bring is disappointment. What about you? Why are you alone?"

He smirked his lips cracked into a wide grin, but only to be covered by his hoody. He kept up with her normal pace in taking the words that spilled from her mouth. Disappointment, hmm I wonder who sent dark clouds over her parade. "I'm just not that into people as well" he responded,but wasn't really sure why he was the way he was. "By the way the names Jacob and you are" he asked her curious to know the girl name.

Not into people...this could be interesting. Sophia saw absolutely nothing wrong with not being into people. After all, she herself did not get along with most. She found it much easier to scare people than hold actual conversations.

Sophia's gaze traveled up and to the right as she considered how to respond to Jacob. If she were Shane she would have used a fake name, but what use would that be? If this guy went to Hogwarts New Zealand and she saw him in class then he would know she had been lying. Here goes nothing.

"Sophia," she said, turning her face to look at Jacob. "So Jacob, what brings you to Brightstone?"

Sophia, nice. He would feel a cold breeze rushed in between us, as he looks sides ways to meet her gaze. He wasn't sure how long he can hold her attention maybe long enough to start something new. Hmmm how should I respond to this, maybe pretend I was looking for something, something dangerous. "Heard werewolves linger around these parts" he lied to her narrowing down his gaze.

Sophia had to stop when she heard Jacob's respond to her question. "Werewolves?" she asked incredulously, her eyes narrowed at the boy. Why in Merlin's name would he be looking for werewolves? Was he crazy? Does he think that will impress me?

"If you are just saying that to impress me you can turn around right now. I refuse to waste my time on liars." The Slytherin was clearly serious in what she said. Sure she had lied before but only when it was necessary. Sophia was in no mood for lies. If this boy wanted her attention he needed to try something a little better than that.

Jacob kept calm still smirking at her with glaze eyes. "It's what I heard but if you instance" he stop at his track with his hands stuffed in his pockets. If she continue on without him, he'll just stay here and just watch her leave, That doesn't mean he lost interest just means he will try harder the next time they cross path. Maybe he will impress her with his other side, he chuckled inside but only keeping a straight face still looking at her.

"I have never heard anything so ridiculous." Sophia stared at Jacob for a moment, unsure of what to do. Maybe he really does want to find a werewolf. As stupid as it sounded the Slytherin had heard of worse things before.

"I have seen a werewolf and he was nowhere near here. But trust me, you would rather not see a werewolf." Sophia was deadly serious about this. She looked the boy in the eyes for a few moments before turning and resuming her walk down the street. The Slytherin had no idea if Jacob would continue to follow her, but she had to admit she was curious to see.

Even though she walked on he can feel as if though she wanted him to still follow. So he did trailing right behind her counting her every step, as a frost steams out of his cold mouth. Maybe I did wanted to see a werewolf, who knows, she did say she knew of one. Maybe get bitten and turn into a beast, oh how sweet that be. "So are you saying there is one that you know of?" he asked her interested.

Sophia was not sure if she was happy that Jacob continued to follow her. He did not annoy her exactly, but she did not feel entirely comfortable around him either.

"I saw one once, a long time ago. It is not an experience I would recommend to anyone, except perhaps my worst enemies." Sophia wrapped her arms around herself once more, shivering at the memory. There were a great many things from her past she would love to forget and that night was definitely one of them.

Jacob watched Sophia as she shivered, possibley from the memory or from the cold weather. His gentlemen instnc kicked in as he took off his red coat vest in attemtp to place it upon Sophia frail body. I hope she didn't mind even a reckless teenager like himself had some proper manners. He stared still sides ways from not thinking at the moment as he said "Your very pretty", blurtting it out more than just calmly saying it.

Sophia merely shrugged off the coat Jacob tried to put on her, keeping her arms crossed over her chest. It would not have been a big deal had the boy just kept his mouth shut. But alas, it seemed the Slytherin was dealing with a...she did not even know what to consider Jacob. What kind of boy just blurted something like that out? Sophia stopped in the street once more and turned to look at him.

Her grey eyes were narrowed as she considered what to do. A part of her was flattered, but Sophia could not possibly take a compliment like that from a stranger. The last time a guy she did not know complimented her it ended very, very badly.

"What the bloody hell is wrong with you?" she asked in a near snarl. Without waiting for an answer Sophia turned and started walking with quick strides down the street, now intent on getting away from Jacob.

Jacob watches as the red coat vest fall onto the ground, as she snarl at him walking away. He did mean what he said, and wasn't going to take back the words he meant. Maybe they will cross path again, he smirked walking over to where she was once standing. His hands would out stretch snatching the red vest, still looking at Sophia as she walks away. Once he had it on the only thing he could do was wait until she was out of his sight, so that he may leave as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back