An Owl for Zuka

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Dearest Zuka,

I'm sorry this letter has been so long in the writing. My mother and her new husband insisted I settle in to their home first and then Durmstrang before writing to any of my friends. I hate it here. The students seemed alright at first but they are so cold and distant really. They keep pretty much to themselves which suits me fine. My first full moon here was awful, they had me locked into a magical cell in the darkest, deepest and coldest part of their dungeons. I hated every minute of it and spent each second recalling every happy moment I had at Hogwarts with you, Brian, Kiera, Amy, Kailey and so many others.

My heart is breaking here, I really don't understand why my mother and step father sent me here. There was no need really. The classes are completely different. We are taught the actual Dark Arts instead of defence against them, totally creeps me out. How is everything with you?

I didn't attend the Yule Ball here, just stayed in my dorm alone snuggled up with Nova and reading through my journal and looking at our holiday photos. What will you do for the holidays this year? How did you spend Christmas? I miss you so much Zuka, it will be impossible to find a best friend like you here. I must go now, Potions class is about to start and our professor hates tardiness.

Take care and please don't forget me.

Andy

Zazuka was getting ready go to Herbology with Professor Sykes. She so missed Professor Rambolt but she had to make due. She missed Andy too. She fliped over to the last page of her Herbology notebook and looked at the picture of them infront of Gringots. Zazuka sighed. She wondered how her bestest of all best friends was doing. As if ansewering her thoughts an owl came down. She read who it came from and her heart jumped into her thoat. Andy. She had ment to write to her but then she was so sure that her mother had moved to France meaning that she was going to Beauxbaton. When she opened the letter she knew she was wronge. Drumstrang had been her destenation. And by the sound of it she was haveing a horrible time there. Zazuka bit her lip. She was actually consitering skiping Herbology so she could get everything together for the letter but her consionse wouldn't let her.

Zazuka zoomed out of Herbology and up to her dorm room which she shared with Kailey. She showed her the letter then got everything ready. Zazuka had made a present for Andy even though she didn't know how she was going to get it to her. It was joint doll ((<--Link)) of Nebula and Molly. Though thier hands where joined they could detach and they of course had outfits that where stuffed into pockets in thier backs. She got those together and the camera that she had stolen from Andy before they came back to Hogwarts that summer. She also gathered the pictures that she had taken or where taken of her then she jumped onto her bed to write.

Dearest and my most awesome friend Andy,

We could never forget you. We all miss you all so much. Brian seems to have taken it the hardest though. You remember that near the beggining of the year he seemed to be distent from us because of the fight you had over not sending letters over the holiday. Well I don't know if it's the fact that he never said I'm sorry or something like that but he never comes out of his dometory now exsept for classes. Don't worry I haven't abandoned him. I take him up food and talk to him every once in a while but usually only for a few minutes because he says he has stuff to do. I don't know what most of the Ravenclaws I know usually finish thier work right away. Maybe he's aiming for the insentive points.

Anyway other than that I have been a bit busy too. Missing you like crazy. So much so that I was really down since you left. Harri made me fell a little better when she talked to me in the library but I was still a little upset. You don't know how much of my world you had become oh sister of mine. I sware I think my last name should have been Fiorelli. I wish it had been. I still went to the first task showing because I thought I could be happy there but I found that without you it felt a bit empty. I went into the woods after a while because I didn't want anyone else to be sad because I was sad, you know. It was a bit of mustake because I got another vison in the forest but it was strainge because it wasn't like the time when I saw you and felt what you felt. I don't know what it was. I forgot it afterwards but I aperently said 'There is no such thing as coincedence there is only Inevitability' Whatever that means.

One good thing came out of the whole ordeal though.
together.jpg

I have a boyfriend! Gha I still can't belive it, did you ever think that my paisty self could ever land herself someone so unbelieveable. His name is Andrew Bruke and I think I maybe in love him. His nice and sweet and and and ok I'm stoping that now because it will become annoying after a while. I am missing a shoe and that because Andrew had pulled me onto the chair and it flew off. It's funny now that I think about it. Anyway like I told you Andrew was the one that I was with when my vision came and he carryed me all the way up to the Divination Tower to see Professor Ana. I went to the Yule ball with Mike though because of a sirise of events that are better told in person but I did dance with Andrew and he gave me my first kiss right in the forbidden forest under a tree covered in Misltoe.

Again I'm probobly getting annoying telling you all this. After I got your letter I showed everyone and Harri, Ellie and I did this with your camara.
doll-image.gif

We all totaly miss you Andy and all our love goes along with this letter. I hope things get better at your new school though really the bowls of hell are better than Durmstrang. I spent the holidays with Kailey and her family. Everyone was really nice. Again I hope things get better for you soon and we miss you so much to the elvendy billionth power squared.

Your friend always and forever,
Zuka

P.S I'm sending you the gift I made for you and also your camara back. I think it's time I gave it back. I only stole it so you wouldn't go snap happy again.
Wisper.jpg

One more of us by the frozen lake. Couldn't help myself, maybe I've gone snap happy too.

Freckles, Andromeda's owl flew down to the tower exhausted and weary from its long flight. The fact that the owl had to carry two envelopes, three photographs and a camera didn't help it on its journey. Freckles knew it had carried heavier things before but he was getting old now and was not as spry as he used to be. The constant battling his mistress didn't help either but his instincts still made him want to scratch and claw at the girl who wasn't really a girl anymore.
He waited patiently for the strange black haired girl to come again...
Dearest Zuka,

Your letter was like a breath of fresh air among all the staleness and cold hostility I bare with here. I am so happy that you have found someone who appreciates you as much as I do. Andrew as I recall is really great, think I had a duel or a nearly duel with him last year. I am writing you two letters and I will tell you the purpose in a moment I promise. This one is for you and please I beg of you don’t show it to any one, if you have to then share it with Brian only. I don’t want anyone in Hogwarts worrying unnecessarily over me.

Actually don’t show this one to Brian either, just show him the other one. I miss him too much as well and besides not being able to say goodbye to you properly, leaving my friendship with Brian unresolved has been breaking my heart. But I know he would want me to be strong here and to carry on with my Gryffindor spirit in tact. The only good thing about this place was I bumped into Harrison. You remember Essies grandson, he’s in third year and the most awful thing happened Z. This is the part I don’t want others to know, the humiliation is still raw.

I told you before that they practice the dark arts here, they don’t do defense. Well apparently they do an almost ‘show and tell’ type of class for third years who are taught about magical beasts. One of these of course being a werewolf. The professor was thrilled that they had a real life werewolf at school, so prohibited with permission from the headmaster my taking of wolfsbane. So that when it came to the last full moon, the entire class came to see me down in the dungeon. They were on the other side naturally which was just as well, all I wanted to do was shred them all in tiny pieces. I was like a circus freak for them. The physical pain was unbearable but I truly feel as if I will be emotionally scarred for life. The only shining light as I said was Harrison stepped forward to the front of the group when he was taking notes and though my mind was warped by my werewolf self, part of me perhaps from such long usage now of wolfsbane, recognized him and calmed down sufficiently. He told me afterwards that I was terrifying, snarling, growling and howling at them all. They threw a slab of meat into me just so they could watch me tear it asunder. Harrison of course had no idea that the wolf was myself until the following morning, he returned as he had dropped something and he found me curled in a naked ball on the dungeon floor. Of course he was horror struck, I was just plain embarrassed at first.

At least I have a friend of sorts here but his friends make so much fun of him if he is seen with me that I have told him not for his own good. I have enclosed two photos that Harrison took. Thank you for sending me the camera back but these will be the only photos I am taking, so I have enclosed the camera again for you to use. The photos of you and Andrew are so adorable. The one of you and the girls is great too. We had the camera set on timer for the one of the two of us, I begged Harrison to stand in so that you could show the others that I had made friends.

The other one was when we took a quiet walk very early one morning, so that we could just talk without anyone seeing us. I miss you so much Z. My heart is breaking twenty times over here. Harrison wrote to Esmerelda and told her what happened as my own mother can’t seem to be bothered. They have a new baby on the way apparently and I must not make up stories about such a prestigious school. I am hoping that somehow Esmerelda can convince my mother to send me back to Hogwarts for next year. It probably won’t happen but it’s the only thing I have to dream about right now.

I can’t even fly my broom it gets so cold here, how mental is that?
I better write the other letter that you can show people if they ask how I am doing. It was nice to know that none of you have forgotten me yet.

Your sister in heart and spirit always,

Andy

p.s. you never mentioned if Brian went to the Yule Ball this year, did he take Kailey again? I would like to write to him but I don’t know how my letters would be met. For now through you will have to do. If that’s ok.
Next letter attached.

p.s I cut up my hair and am struggling to get the natural red colour back into it but it is getting there.

3amigosinhallwaycropped.jpg

Andy, Zuka and Brian - first year at Hogwarts

andyinsnow.jpg

Andy in snow Durmstrang

hallways1.jpg

Andy and Harrison Durmstrang lower levels

Dear Z,

Was delighted to get your letter. Everyone seems to be doing great, loved the photos of you and Andrew. Tell all I said hi please especially Brian. I am sorry too that we left things the way we did. You and he are still in my book my two best friends in the entire universe.

I met up with Harrison, Esmerelda’s grandson so it’s nice to actually know someone at last here.
I have enclosed some photos and thank you for sending back my camera. Was wondering what had happened to that but you may keep it, so that’s attached too. Call it a belated Christmas present from me. I had two copies made of the third photo enclosed, one copy is for you the other is for Brian. It’s pride of place on my bedside locker.

How is the tournament coming along?
We heard some disturbing news but I wasn’t really sure to believe any of this lot. They are saying that Headmistress Barker was kidnapped, please tell me this isn’t so? Why couldn’t they take the Durmstrang principal, she could do with a good kidnapping.

Please keep me informed, I always thought highly of her. How did exams go for Christmas? I managed to keep up my grade O throughout which is basically the only thing for me to do around here. There are some lovely scenic walks around here but my mother and her husband for some reason refused to sign the consent form to leave me go to the local village on the weekends we’re allowed. Apparantly the deputy headmistress who is in charge while the other is in Hogwarts for the TWT thinks it is unethical to let a known werewolf loose among unsuspecting villagers.

Am in good health otherwise though.
Am also missing you and all my friends, professors and Hogwarts terribly.
I will always be a Hoggy student through and through no matter how long I have to be here for.

All my love
Andy

Zazuka raced up to the Owlery after getting everything ready to send her the new letter. Again she got the erge to miss class but she again squshed it. She could not believe that the Drumstrage officials would do such a thing! She had rispected Andy's wishes a little and shown the first letter only to Brian who she knew would want to know. She was determend to do something. When she read the part about them not letting her take the wolve's Bande potion Zazuka nearly cryed. (She didn't cry because it was difficult to make Zazuka cry even if she found her tears again this year)Brian had insisted on coming up with her but he was late. She saw this as an aportunity to send the first letter she had written to Andy.
Dearest Andy,

First off I want to say I'm sorry and I did show Brian the letter which had what they did to you in it. I can't believe they would do that. Don't worry if Ms. Snikett can't get you back I will. We will, we don't know how yet but we will. There is no way you are staying at Drumstrang after that. Your mother sounds so, so, so gha I can't even come up with a word I'm so mad! Can you believe that Z without words. Anyway I'm happy that Harrison is at least helping you out. Tell him hi for me since I didn't get to see him during the holidays.

Brian didn't go to the Ball this year and Kailey (Who is my roomie so excuse me if I have some of her habbits by now) went with Njord. They where so cute together from what I saw but I was bit... Wraped up near the end of the dance. Thanks for the camara back I felt guilty about having it without you knowing. My heart is braking for you right now and I wish I could be over there and tell the people to back off but I can't. We will get you back I promice. Until then all my love and best wishes and spells you.

Your sister in heart and spirit always,
Zuka
P.S
Yes your going to be a red head again. I missed your flaming red hair it's not even funny. And why did you have to remind me of the coke bottles hua? I was starting to forget I ever had to ware them but hey I love the picture. Thanks for sending it.

Zazuka send Freakels on his way with only one letter. She let the poor owl rest for the time he was here because he looked like he needed it. Zazuka sat by the widown with her made for public eyes version of the letter and sat on the window stil waiting for Brian.

Brian was running late which was something he'd been doing alot as of late, He had to go give his letter to Athena so that his parents wouldn't be too upset with him for not writing. He was supposed to be coming up here with Zazuka but had told her to go ahead since he was running late something he felt a little bad about doing. His parents was trying to send him to some summer camp this year and of course Brian flat out refused.

As Brian made the last step he saw that Freckles was already flying off, "Hey Z, I didn't know you needed to send a letter off too" Brian said with a smile wondering if she had been writing to Andy, something he himself had felt bad about not doing, though she hadn't written him any letters he understood and so didn't mention anything.

Zazuka took a deep breath. "Ok first off thies are for you." She said and gave Brian the pictures that had been sent including the one of them last year. She had to copyes tucked in her book bag already. "And second we have to, have to, have to find a way to get Andy out of that horrible school read this." She said handing the first letter to him. She waited for his reaction as she started to think about what to do.

((read the first letter))

Brian read the letter getting more horrified the more he read, in the end it took everything in his power not ot just crumble the paper up throw it away. He was furious at both Andy's parents and the school "They can't honestly think she would make it all up do they!" Brian shouted as he really didn't know what else to say "we have to get Andy out of there but how?" Brian asked trying to rack his brain with a decent enough answer, they could write to Andy's parents though if they didn't believe their own daughter why would they believe them?

The next logical step would be to somehow get to Durmstrang and rescue her by force, yet that would mean trying to find it and breaking into a school where the students learn dark magic, didn't sound like an easy task. Brian still had to do something even if he wasn't sure what yet he felt compelled to say "I'm going to rescue her, if it's the last thing I do" All he would need is to form a plan, something that would help him get to her and bring her back.

Zazuka could feel a bit of relife when Brian said that he was going to think of a way to get Andy back. "We are going to rescue her no matter what. Your right. You are not doing this without me. Harrison is trying to get Ms. Snikett to try and convince her parents to send her back but I don't think that will be fast enough. A portkey would be the easyet way but we need Ministry permition to do so that and I can't find the spell to do so anywhere. I'm sure it's ristricted section book but we can't get to it without permission believe me I've tryed. We don't know where Drumstrang is so flying there is out for that reason and also that it would take months to get there by broom." She said all really fast. Part of it was because she was trying to calm Brian down. He looked a bit like he was about to try to punch though the owlery's stone walls.

"Floo Powder" Brian said remebering that a shop down in Bleak street sold it, during the summer I'm going to get some then find a grate that I can use to get to her house "I'm sure her parents house is connected to the Floo network and it's not monitered as much as it used to be so that may work" Brian said trying very hard to come up with something that at least made it look like he was doing everything he can. "I'm not going home for the summer, I'm going to find Andy and bring her back" Brian said as Athena flew over wanting to send his reply back to his parents. He felt bad that he wouldn't be going to see them since he had stayed at Hogwarts for Christmas but he was sure they would understand and if they didn't they wouldn't be able to do anything to stop him.

Zazuka was going to ask when had he found the time and the nerve to go down Bleak Street but left it alone. "It's also sold at the Wizard Wheezes so we don't have to go where we're not soppoed to. Of course it will be conneted to the Floo network if I remember correctly Andy's stepfather is a pureblood." She said thinking. Zazuka said the word stepfather like she was spiting out a curse word. Whatever happened she was sure it was all his falt. Somehow Zazuka could picture him telling Andy's mother to write that she didn't believe her.

Brian hadn't thought about Weasley Wizard Wheezes, it would indeed be alot easier to get it there rather than having to go down Bleak Street where questions were going to pop up as to why they were visiting "that sounds like a better plan!" Brian said with a bit of a smile, Zazuka was alot smarter than he realized probably because last year she did talk too much. It's good that they were friends and that they both agreed that finding Andy was a top priority. Athena hooted for attention so Brian walked over and tied the letter to her foot and sent her off with an owl treat, she had a long flight ahead of her.

Zazuka smiled brightly for once. Things seemed to be getting back to normal which filled her heart with joy. "Ok I'm going to drive myself crazy if I don't ask this I know it because I know me if not to well. When did you get the guts to down Bleak Street? Most of students wouldn't go down there unless bordem had really won us over or a dare." She asked all to fast but still in a way that made sence.

Brian smiled at this question "well I didn't exactly go down there, Last summer when I was doing my shopping I kinda got a bit lost and ended up down there" Brian said with a bit of a laugh "Once I figured out where I was of course I got the heck out of their but I did see some of the shops and what they had to offer I just didn't dare go inside any of them" Brian said matter of factly, however if it meant saving Andy from that horrible place he would live in Bleak Street!

Zazuka laughed into her hand. "Like most tales of Bleak Street start and end. I know it was eather the Wizard Weezes or Devlish and Bangs where I saw it but I know I saw floo poweder in one of those places." She said her voice taking on a dreamyer quality as she tryed to remember where she had seen it. "Would you be willing to go into one if we can't find it in eather of them." She asked considering that possiblity.

"Of course I would" Brian said jubilantly the thought of whether to enter it or not wasn't even there. Brian looked out and could see Athena flying off into the distance, knowing that out there was Andy and she was having a pretty bad time of it. She had Harrison but honestly he was probably not making the situation any better, she needed to be back here with her friends so that everything could go back to the way things were. So that everything could be right. "what about you? you think you wanna try and find her this summer?" Brian asked with a bit of a smile, he would get the floo power as soon as he could and then hop onto his way to Andromeda's house for a victory!

Zazuka nodded exsitedly. "Of course I would. I would have to talk to Kailey of corse because her mother is letting me stay at thier house over holidays but I'm sure they would let me go I mean I do have to work too. Mr. Ollivander's falls into dispare with out it's assitents." She said. That last part was a small joke to lighten the mood of the place. "Like I told you your not doing this with out me." She said putting her fist in her other hand. A thought just hit her. "Hey I know there are grates in the Leaky Couldron and Mr. Ollivander's maybe we can use one of them." She said thinking again.

"that's a pretty good idea!" Brian said he had forgotten that they could probably use the Leaky Cauldron as a grate and Ollivander's most definately would have one. With Zazuka working there it would be a peace of cake to simply use it to travel across the world. Brian wondered if Floo Powder worked like that? but didn't pay it too much attention as he was pretty sure it did. "then it's all set, this summer we go out and bring Andromeda back!" Brian said as he gave Zazuka a hearty hug, he was glad that it was something they would be able to do together since he was sure Andromeda would definately want it just the three of them.

Zazuka hugged Brian back and smiled up at him. "Andy will be back where she belongs. It's only too bad I can't exsact a little revenge on the Drumstrang third years for what they did to her." She said airly. It was a joke but she would do it if they did not know the dark arts. Zazuka was a bit curios about how Floo Poweder worked too but she was sure they could figure it out. With the brain power of two Ravenclaws she was sure they could figure out anything.

"Trust me with the luck we've had I'm sure we'll be able to crack a few skulls" Brian said a bit coldly wanting to get the people that would hurt Andy, it didn't seem right that such bad things had to happen to such a nice person. Why couldn't these things happen to people that deserved it like Aiden or Andrew, a Slytherin and a Slytherin wannabe deserved to have a more bad luck then Andy. "well then I guess I'll see you around then" Brian said quite suddenly.

Zazuka winced a little. Just when things where starting to seem normal. "I'm looking forward to that." Was all she said. "Well good luck with whatever you have to do. I have to go look for Andrew. I promised to practice a few spells with him." She said brightly and took the stares first. The ribbons that she had made up her hair with today fluttered after her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back