An interesting letter

Andromeda stopped singing as Drae seemed to rise from whatever torment or anguish or pain had hit me. She continued to methodically stroke his hair.
"Yes that's right" she said surprised that he would know it, "my grandmother taught it to me early last year. It's a tricky one to learn but it's a beautiful song".

She whispered, not wanting to startle him too much. Andromeda rested her hand on his shoulder.
"Are you alright?"

Vydráel couldn't think of any excuse to his breakdown. "I broke my wrist again." He didn't want to say anything else, he wanted her to keep stroking his head. It soothed him, strangely

Andromeda had expected him to sit up or stand up even but he didn't he continued lying there. She knew that today she had just made friends with this very strange boy. That some how they shared an experience - that death was their common enemy. Her hand began to rythmically stroke his hair again.
"We'll have to get you up to the hospital wing. My uncle will take care of you" she told him softly.

Vydráel turned his head slightly toward his re-broken wrist. "You're uncle is going to just love that, he only fixed it yesterday." He mumbled softly. "At least time Violet can't blame herself for this one." He didn't want to get up at all, this position was relaxing but he needed his wrist seen to. Vydráel lay there for awhile longer before saying something else. "I'm sure your eyes weren't so deep the last time i looked."

She smiled at him, she never did know how he managed to break his wrist in the first place but obviously from his comment Violet had been around when it happened.
Andy didn't know what to make of the comment about her eyes though, they were most likely so deep now because there was nothing there, nothing to see in them at all.

"We should really get you taken care of" she said kindly to him "I know my lap is very comfortable an'all but your wrist isn't going to get better down there is it?"

"You know, your lap IS comfortable." He chuckled softly. "But you are right, i should get it seen to.. again!" He sighed while getting up.
"Violet and i were practising stupefy and protego, i lost concentration and went for a flying lesson, Landed on this." His head felt a little light and so did his body though he still managed to stand up without falling over. I feel weak. Weird. He thought while he held his hand out for Andy to pull herself up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back