An End

Lemina Troque

OOC First Name
Stalker
Wand
12 3/4" Black Walnut/ Maple Essence of Silver Thistle
Lemina pulled the letters out of her pocket. She was sitting on the window sill. They had both arrived at breakfast this morning. She hadn't opened them because she recognised the handwriting. One was from Lizette. The other; Papa. Hogwarts wasn't the same with their headmistress. There was a feeling of tension everywhere. The sense of competition for the Triwizard Tournament was gone. She wondered whether or not the HS and Durmstrang students would be staying. The competition was cancelled, so why would they? Last week, I thought I was happy. Now, well, now life is a constant fear. Wh... Wha... What if Mama and Papa pull me out? Send me to Hogwarts Scotland? I guess the school is a trap for death eaters now. I couldn't leave my friends. Everyone. Lemina's hand shook as she opened the first letter.
Lemina.
Listen. I'm sorry. Papa sent me a copy of the Daily Prophet. I know what happened. Are you alright? Let's call a pact. Please. I was so worried when I first read the article. I couldn't bear to think what would of happened had you, had something, something happened to you. Lemina I'm sorry. I know we weren't the best of friends at Christmas, but please, peace. I love you. I am still going out with Chris, but I've chilled a little. I'm not going any further than a hug, or a kiss but no lips involved. For at least a year. Promise. I know now that you were right. I took it too far. You were right, I should have listened to you.
I'm sorry. Friends?
Lizette...x

Lemina bit her lip when she read the letter from her sister. She wiped a tear from her eye. I love you Lizzi. She folded the letter back into the envelope and opened the second one, apprehensively. This would be the one which said it all. Told her of her fate at Hogwarts. Lemi crossed her fingers, took a deep breath, and opened the envelopes.
Lemina.
I read what happened in the Daily Prophet. Death Eaters. The beasts. As you know, I have connections with them. Lemina. I worry about you. Do not let this letter be intercepted. Lemina, darling, I love you. Honey, stay strong. You will be safe at Hogwarts. I do not know if you know this, but Nicolas King, he is an auror. He will keep the school safe. But be on your guard. I do not wish to make you paranoid, but you have to stay vigilant. As the great auror, Alastor Moody would say, you never know what is behind you until you turn around. But please, don't let it affect your studies. This is an important year. I love you darling. We are planning on going on a trip to New Zealand to visit Hoover and Lilea, let me know the dates of your Brightstone weekends so we can callaborate. I'm not sure if I will go myself or take your mother and the girls.
I love you.
Papa

PS. In the Daily Prophet article, it stated that parents are free to remove their children from the school should they wish. This will not be the case. You are safe.

Lemina smiled when she read the post script. "I'm staying!" She read over the letter again, studying it more carefully. They are coming... ! Lemi grinned. The text disturbed her slightly, but she was too excited with the fact that she wasn't going to leave all of her friends here at Hogwarts New Zealand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back