Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Unyielding Aspen Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Hey all,

Now that Sorting is underway, Benji has been sorted into Ravenclaw officially. With that in mind, I have gotten a better idea of the character filling out the rest of his bio which you can find in the signature of my post. Benji is a french immigrant to New Zealand and is in need of friends, maybe a crush or two, and even a rival or enemy. Benji is smart and curious about the world with a deep respect for books and art. He dabbles in drawing and writing but nothing so profound now that would warrant any appraisal or even appreciation.

Benji is not quite shy but rather, he is a bit reserved in that he is in a new country surrounded by people he did not group up with or near. He will warm up easily and is not afraid to approach people to make new friends. He is more on the artistic side than the sports side and so he will likely find more common ground with no quidditch people. However, that could change depending on how he does on a broom.

While he is a Ravenclaw, he does not come to Hogwarts with any idea of the rivalry between houses or past reputations as they stand so he is open to cross house friendships. I am looking for some Ravenclaws that he can hang out with as it makes some sense he makes a few friends from his houses. Maybe roommates for male characters, or study buddies with female characters. I am open to just about anything at this moment. Lay all your characters on me and let's plot somethings out!

I have a first year Ravenclaw character if you are interested. This is the link to his Bio so you can check it out. It's not as thorough as yours but you can see the over all stuff.

Zachariah wouldn't really mind about the "not sporty" thing since he strives mostly for balance between studies and Sport.

Let me know what you think.

I'm here! I have two thoughts, lemme just throw some hufflepuffs at you.

Jordie x Benji: Jordie will absolutely not let Benji just join the school without coming to say hi.

Charlie x Benji: Charlie is also an immigrant, technically, he's American. He's going to be very homesick, missing his dad. He's very soft, and not very open, but he likes to watch sports and journal.

I have a Ravenclaw for you! Amaryllis is pretty shy and often has her nose in a book, thinking that she has to overcompensate in her studies because she is a muggleborn and way behind everyone else. She's always looking for more study buddies, though vocalizing that need is still a bit of a struggle for her.

Hey so I can offer you a couple of things;

One is Eugene Nestor, he's a boy in the same year different house. He's a very open and friendly person. Very musical. He's sporty but probably isn't interested in quidditch. He could be a friend to him?

Two, is Branson Archer, bran is in the year above in but the same house. He's a quieter boy, he likes reading, and writes for the monthly. He's a good natured person who's a bit lonely and could do with some friends. He's also a big studier, and so he could be a study buddy?

Three is Ajaccio Skey, Ajax could be a bit of a mentor/helper to Benji because Ajax speaks french fluently, so he could be a helper to help Benji with his english and give him someone to talk to in French. Ajax is a very laid back guy, he skateboards and travels. he's into photography and is now editor of the yearbook.

let me know if any of these interest you!

@Zachariah Ezekiel King
I can see Benji and Zach getting along pretty well in the since that there would be balance between Benji and Zach. Zach seems a bit of an elitist, at a glance, and I think Benji’s competitive nature and desire to be better could benefit from exposure to that mind set. In turn Benji has a much more open mind when it comes to magic and the people around him which I can see helping Zach with his anger issues.

@Jordan Harris
Of course Benji and Jordan should meet now they are both in school together officially. Maybe Jordan can show him a round or they can have lunch together.

@Charlie Helkovaara
I think it is always a good thing to have a few hufflepuffs around to allow Benji a small escape from all of his housemates. I like the idea that Charlie is a bit on the shy soft side as Benji personality can be a bit of the opposite at times. Charlie also someone that Benji does not have to try to hard with as there is less pressure to impress.

@Amaryllis Thorne
Benji has similar feelings of needing to push himself more and be better as he does not want to let down the memory of his dad. I love a good study buddy as it breaks up the typical theme of threads and I can see them talking about books and magic at lengths. Her being a muggleborn would give her a unique viewpoint to Benji who knows mostly the magical world. I think they will be great friends.

@Eugene Nestor
Benji seems to have a strong connection when it comes to hufflepuffs and so it seems only logical that these two cross paths. Like any kid, Benji will have a healthy love for music and those who play it. I am sure there is some piano lessons in Benji’s past enough to understand the technical side of music. I think they have potential friends written all over.

@Branson Archer
One of Benji’s first friends is a year older and so he would not mind the small year difference. Benji needs a few quiet people in his life, the sort who have little problem sitting alone with but not feeling the need to have a conversation with all the time. Benji will respect any reader he meets, within reason, and would happily talk books with them. He can also see the benefit of having a second year as a study partner with as they would have learned everything he is learning.

@Ajaccio Skey
Benji will be so relieved to have another French speaker in his midst. He does pretty well with his English but speaking in his native tongue would be like kick off his shoes after a long day. Someone who understand his culture and mannerisms would be welcomed. As long as Aj does not mind talking or being seen with a first year.

Eugene Nestor
Benji seems to have a strong connection when it comes to hufflepuffs and so it seems only logical that these two cross paths. Like any kid, Benji will have a healthy love for music and those who play it. I am sure there is some piano lessons in Benji’s past enough to understand the technical side of music. I think they have potential friends written all over.

Branson Archer
One of Benji’s first friends is a year older and so he would not mind the small year difference. Benji needs a few quiet people in his life, the sort who have little problem sitting alone with but not feeling the need to have a conversation with all the time. Benji will respect any reader he meets, within reason, and would happily talk books with them. He can also see the benefit of having a second year as a study partner with as they would have learned everything he is learning.

Ajaccio Skey
Benji will be so relieved to have another French speaker in his midst. He does pretty well with his English but speaking in his native tongue would be like kick off his shoes after a long day. Someone who understand his culture and mannerisms would be welcomed. As long as Aj does not mind talking or being seen with a first year.

Happy with all of this. Ajax wouldn't much care about being seen talking to a first year.

Shall we start two of these and then wait a bit to do the third one? Any preference for the thread you start?

Happy with all of this. Ajax wouldn't much care about being seen talking to a first year.

Shall we start two of these and then wait a bit to do the third one? Any preference for the thread you start?

Let’s start with the younger ones first. Eugene and Bran. Since classes have not started yet (points of references) maybe we can have Benji meet Bran in the common room or library? For Eugene, hmm, maybe the great lawn? I have not refamiliarized myself with the castle set up yet to know places were the two might run into each other.

@Stefan Archer

@Jordan Harris
Of course Benji and Jordan should meet now they are both in school together officially. Maybe Jordan can show him a round or they can have lunch together.

@Charlie Helkovaara
I think it is always a good thing to have a few hufflepuffs around to allow Benji a small escape from all of his housemates. I like the idea that Charlie is a bit on the shy soft side as Benji personality can be a bit of the opposite at times. Charlie also someone that Benji does not have to try to hard with as there is less pressure to impress.
I like both of these ideas. I can start one if you want to start the other?

Let’s start with the younger ones first. Eugene and Bran. Since classes have not started yet (points of references) maybe we can have Benji meet Bran in the common room or library? For Eugene, hmm, maybe the great lawn? I have not refamiliarized myself with the castle set up yet to know places were the two might run into each other.
Sounds good, would you want to start something for Benji and Branson and I can start the Eugene and Benji one (on the great lawn or the lakefront?)

I can see Benji and Zach getting along pretty well in the since that there would be balance between Benji and Zach. Zach seems a bit of an elitist, at a glance, and I think Benji’s competitive nature and desire to be better could benefit from exposure to that mind set. In turn Benji has a much more open mind when it comes to magic and the people around him which I can see helping Zach with his anger issues.
That was what I was thinking... I see them balancing each other... You can start a thread with them... Or If you would prefer I can start it... Which ever works best... Let me know :D

@Jordan Harris

if you would start Jordie x Benji then I will start Charlie x Benji?

@Stefan Archer

If you could start Eugene x Benji (either place works) and I can start Branson x Benji?

@Zachariah Ezekiel King

if you could start this one and I will owe you a starter for our next thread that would be awesome!?

if you could start this one and I will owe you a starter for our next thread that would be awesome!?
Not a problem... I'll Send you a link or @ the character in the thread

(Edit: Here's the Link to the thread)

Last edited:
@Amaryllis Thorne
Benji has similar feelings of needing to push himself more and be better as he does not want to let down the memory of his dad. I love a good study buddy as it breaks up the typical theme of threads and I can see them talking about books and magic at lengths. Her being a muggleborn would give her a unique viewpoint to Benji who knows mostly the magical world. I think they will be great friends.
Excellent!! I love this dynamic already. Would you be up for them studying in the library? Or maybe common room or classroom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back