All Work And No Play...

Autumn Gwin

Clip
Clop
Clip
Clop

The sound made by the heavy shoes with the heavy footfall of the heavy lidded lass resounded when struck against the stone floors of the corridor leading to the library. She carried a book clutched to her chest and several more weighed down her backpack, causing her to hunch a bit. The only thought runnign through her mind was a near chant of Almost there as she rounded a corner and spotted the candles floating next to the sign that read 'Library' at the end of the corridor she was currently conquering.

Sleep clouded her eyes and befuddled her mind as she struggled to make ti there. 72 hours with no sleep what-so-ever and only one big meal that Thomas had forced her to eat had her stressed beyond belief, add to the equation the reason for her lack of sleep and you had one freaked out eleven year old.

Give a Ravenclaw a dead-line for perfection and they'll drive themself mad for it. Autumn was certainly no exception to that fact. In fact, she was the embodiment of the stereotypical Ravenclaw. Nose always in a book, if there were ever bags beneath her eyes it wasn't from a party in the common room unless it was an all-night study session with her fellow 'Claws. Nobody was perfect but somethings could be, and she was determined to make everything she did come out as close to perfection as she could get it.

Just as she put her finegrs to the brass handle ont he onrately carved door, she nearly wept as she saw the world turn upside down. The next thing she knew she was sprawled on the floor and her head was pounding. She saw a flash of light and a murmered charm and then a muffled mundane curse before everything went pitch black.

{{Thomas, you cooould enter and carry her valiantly to teh infirmary
:p
XDD
Pull a Knight}}

Thomas was in the Ravenclaw common room. The only place he seemed to be these days, apart from the library. He sighed, looking out the window, he saw people, enjoying themselves, despite the up and coming exams. After a few minutes of gazing, he was brought back to reality with the sound of one of his books falling on the floor.

He started to absentmindedly look though some notes, that he had read over so many times, but the fact of been a Ravenclaw, compelled him to read them over and over again. Again, his mind slipped from his revision. Food he thought, he wasn't able to focus without it. Something he tried to convince his friend, Autumn, not too long ago. Getting up of his chair, he tidied his notes and placed them into his bag and left the common room, making his way to the Great Hall.

As he lazily made his way through corridor after corridor, he started to relax, glad of getting away from his books, and stretching his legs. After a few minutes of walking he arrived on the third floor, ahead of him he could hear a noice. The sound of heavy walking, he looked ahead. He noticed the unmistakable outline of Autumn. Thomas put an inch to his step, trying to catch up with her. As he got closer he saw her make her way to the Hospital wing, Oh no he thought as he started to run now, to find out what was wrong with her.

As he approached her, about to speak, he saw he fall. "AUTUMN!" Thomas shouted, as he fell to her side. "Autumn! Wake up." He said, shaking her shoulder. When there was no responce he curled his arm under her neck and the other under her legs. Once he was sure he had a grip on her, he got up to his feet, Autumn in his arms. Thomas opened the hospital wing doors, searching for a nurse. "Hello!" He called, "Is anyone here?" He called again, making his way over to an empty bed, carefully placing Autumn down on it.

((I hope that's OK, I wasn't sure what you meant by the flash of light and curse etc. I can edit if you want :) ))

Autumn stirred in the warm familiar arms of Thomas as they encircled her and carried her to the infirmary. She snuggled unconciously closer as he shouldered the wide oak door open and lay her down ont he nearest cot. She lay there, trying to fight the black heavy fog that had settled around her, blocking out a vital sense of sight. But she held onto the sound of his voice as she drifted away, and her hands in his as he called for a nurse.

Her tummy grumbled nearly above his voice and she wished she could laugh at it, wondered if he would smile at the tell-tale sound of it. She tried to squeeze his hand, and managed to do so albeit weakly before passing into oblivion for the ten minutes it took for the nurses to rouse her with some sort of concoction of theirs.

She woke with a sputter and cough and looked around with droopy blood-shot eyes,"Thomas?" she asked carefully, as she had thought she was dreaming earlier.

The nurses gave him instructions to not be concerned if she went back to sleep and to give her another dose of the strawberry flavoured potion they had already administered.

She turned her aching head to him slowly, feeling light as she looked up at him,"My head is killign me...and I feel so...so tired. What happened, love?" she asked her best friend in the whole world, curlign her tiny digits around his hand again, a bit stronger this time as she waited for his repsonse, smiling weakly up at him.

Her stomach growled again in protest to being neglected and for the first time in 3 days she wondered what was for lunch and hoped it would be enough to satisfy the hole in her gut.

Thomas continued to look around for a nurse. He turned around sharply at the sound of his voice. Dropping into the chair beside the bed, "Autumn! Are you OK?" He asked, concerned.

He sat beside her bed for a few hours, as she fell asleep again, worried, even though the nurse told him she was going to be OK.

He was reading one of the many medical books that was in the hospital wing, they were definitely a change for him, but interesting nonetheless. Every so often he glanced over at Autumn, as she lay peacefully, finally getting the rest she deserved.

Thomas felt a smile come across his face when he heard her voice. He give a weak laugh. "Well you almost scared me half to death, that's what happened." He said, rubbing her head. "Well I'm not sure, I was going for some food and then I saw you faint." He said. "I carried you in here and the nurse give you some medicine. You have a bad bump on your head." He said, explaining her headache.

Autumn frowned a bit, her brows knitting together above her lovely doe eyes as she thought and remembered the embarassing incident in the corridor just outside of the Library. She sighed, as the pressure came back to her and tried to pull herself further up the cot to rest her head easier in the soft down pillow.

She released a puff of air from eh rlips and stared at the ceiling before lookign back at him,"You know....this is wasting precious study time....." she said, not being able to help but smile at him,"All of my notes are in my school bag....wanna make the best of this..." she then blushed and ducked her head, lowering her eyes to their entwined hands,"That is if you don't mind staying with me. It's fine if you don't. You were obviously on your way to someplace when you found me...." she babbled on, trailign off as she blushed a deeper crimson at how silly she must sound.

He had begun rubbing her head, brushing hair back from her forehead where a swellt he size of a Knut had formed. She turned her cheek into his palm and sighed again, waiting as always.

She found herself thinking about things in the future, letting her mind wander. A thing she rarely let happen. She tried to picture what her Yule Ball dress should look like and in doing so Thomas appeared at her side in the entrance. When she went back to the past she remembered winning the wheelbarrow race with him and the morning she met him in their common room.

As she thought, strands of sentences seemed to float in a marquee across her lcosed lids, I know I'm only eleven but...I think I have a little crush. She tried not to giggle and blush at the thought and instead opened her eyes to his handsome face, already losing some of the boyish features within thes past few months. She smiled at him, hoping he'd stay with her.

Thomas looked down at Autumns face, hoping she wasn't in any pain still. He found himself staring into her deep brown eyes again, that made him feel warm inside.

Thomas laughed out loud at the words that came from Autumn's mouth, "You girl need your rest. I think you have done enough study," He said with a stern look, knowing all too well she was exhausted hence why she was at now, "but I will stay with you. I was just out for walk." He said with a smile.

Thomas pardoned himself and left the room. He returned to find Autumn lying on the bed thinking. In front of him was a tray, in mid air. "I thought you might be hungry." He said placing the tray, full of different foods, savory and sweet. "Do you want a sandwich?" He asked as he set his bookbag down.

((Anna to the rescue! :p ))

Anna was in her office after talking to someone and was sipping a cup of sweet tea when she heard someone enter. Hurrying out, she saw two young students sitting on the floor. Anna watched the boy as he left and hurried over to the girl. "Its alright love. What happened?" She asked in her concerned manner. Picking her effortlessly up, she placed her on the nearest bed and took her temperature.

The boy returned soon and Anna pulled him to one side. "Honey, i need you to tell me. What happened? When was the last time she ate?" She quizzed and glanced back to the weak girl.

Autumn grinned at him and faked a pout,"Hmph. Fine, if you insist." she gave in response to his ban on studying for the time being. When she had drifted off he had excused himself from the room. She snapped out of her deep thought and sat up a bit more when he entered with a tray of food ladden with delectable items from dinner.

She pulled out her own wand and whispered as clearly as possible,"Accio, tray." and then quickly flicked it with a murmered,"Wingardium Leviosa" and it hovered just above her lap. She scootched over on the cot so he could sit on the edge and offered him a sandwich just as he was asking if she wanted one,"You haven't eaten since you've been here with me either. Have one yourself." she said kindly, poking at the smorgasboard of foods he'd brought her.

Cauldron Cakes, A Flask of chilled pumpkin juice, a bottle of butter beer, two hunks of bread, etc. etc. She took a sip from the butterbeer first as she was feeling sort of cold in the drafty wing and it warmed her to her toes instantly, bringing back a bit of strength as well. Then she noticed a chunk of chocolate on the edge of the tray and smiled. First because it was her favorite sort of thing to eat, and second because the ever-thoughtful Ravenclaw knew of the old wives' tale and true effects of the sweet would have. "Eat, you'll feel better." was what one famed hero of Hogwarts had said to the Boy Who Lived. And it was true, Chocolate was a band-aid for the mind, body, and soul.

So she then grabbed it and nibbled at the corner delightedly, breaking off a hunk and offering it to him along with the sandwich.

{{I'm not sure how to reply to Miss Johnson, as we're quite past her post at this point
O_O}}

((Sorry, i read it wrong. I was scanning it quickly and got the wrong end of the stick. I will reply again in this one.))

Anna walked out of her office to see Autumn eating nicely from the tray that the boy had brought in. "Godd to see you looking better now." She said warmly and took her temperature. "Yep, you are getting better!" She said kindly.

((Is that the right thing? Let me get this straight, Autumn bumped her head and went unconcious, Thomas rped with a nurse making her better and now i am just checking up on you??? =-/ ))

Thomas smiled as Autumn seemed more perked up. He sat down on the edge of the bed beside her and started to eat, "Oh, I'm fine. Your health is more important." He said, looking at her sincerely. Thomas looked round and say the nurse exit her office. When she was examining Autumn, Thomas got up from the bed and made his way over to the chair beside the bed.

Rummaging through it, he found what he was looking for. When the nurse left Thomas took a book out of his bag and put it behind his back, so Autumn couldn't see. "Seeing as you are going to be in here over night, and I'm not allowing you to revise," He said with smile, "I thought you would like a book to read." He said, placing it in front of her, the book she had been reading when they first met, She did say it was one of her favorites? He hoped.

Autumn smiled at him, as she finished off the sandwich, licking the sauces from her fingers and taking another nibble/scrape with her teeth from the chocolate bar as the nurse checked in on her. She had no idea as to why the nurse should be worried about her temperature. She just needed to rest and get a bit of food in her.

Thomas left her bedside but wasn't far at all from her, instead he sat at a distance rummaging in her bag for something. After a moment's search shesaw his head rise above the nurse's hunche dover form in front of her, obscuring her view of him from the neck down comepletely.

Once the nurse let them be he approached her once more and told her she'd be here overnight and still couldn't study she felt like crying. What else was she to do?

But then he pulled a worn paperback from behind him and held it out to her. It was the book she'd been reading when hed approached her. One of Nora Roberts' works. She nearly cried again, this time from happiness as she accepted the book, leaning up and planting a soft kiss on his cheek and murmering a hushed,"Thank you." in his ear as he pulled away.

She lay the book next to her on the table by her bed and loked to him, wondering with a hopeful heart that he'd remain by her side htorughout the night. Though this hope was rather fool-hardy becaus ehe really did need to get some rest as well, and it was also veyr selfish of her to wish him any discomfort for her sake.

So she waited again, wondering what Luna was up to, and then she thought of her close friend having a boyfriend already. That meant she had aaprtner for the Yule Ball. Autumn wondered if she'd even be going. Unless someone asked her she doubted she would even bother.

Thomas smiled back at Autumn, after she had given him a kiss on his cheek, "It was no problem. I know how bored you are going to get," He said, "Well I will stay as long as possible, if you want. I don't have much else to do." He said, relaxing on the bed beside Autumn, looking out of the window realising it was getting dark out.

As he lay back on the bed, he enjoyed the quiet between the two friends, it would be awkward between anyone else, but with Autumn it seemed almost natural. Looking up at her, he wondered, "Penny for you thoughts m'lady?" He asked, with a smile.

"Well, thanks anyway." she said playfully, punching him lightly on the arm. She scootched over more, grinning at him in the dimmed light of the hospital wing. She would have thanked him again, but was content with just turning on her side and placing her hand in his.

He asked her that adorabley placed question and she grinned wider, squeezing his fingers,"Thomas, you're my best friend. I've not known you very long at all, but you really are the closest to me. You know something that only those that gave me life know. And you've held it close and not breathed a word of my misuse of magic when I was little." she whispered to him in the dark, sighing and laying her head on his shoulder,"Thank you for everything you've done for me, Thomas."

She snuggled closer and nearly drifted off, but hung on to see what he would say.

Anna returned from her office half an hour later to see them both suggled up on Autumn's bed. Smiling at the sweet sight she glanced at her watch and saw that it was time for Thomas to go. Realising that they were having a heart to heart chat, Anna winked at Thomas and returned to her office.

She would go out in a few minutes, hopefully Thomas will have finished their chat by then. Autumn should really be sleeping peacefully.

Thomas laughed when Autumn punched his arm, "Hey! What was that for?" He asked jokingly. When Autumn placed her hands on his he looked down at them, and smiled in amusement. He knew that his were some what bigger than her own but it amused him every time he saw it, he closed his hands over hers and waited for her answer.

Thomas listened to Autumn, her words sinking in more and more as she talked. It was true, she was his best friend and Thomas couldn't be more happier about it. Then she mentioned the secret she had told him on their first meeting, a smile came across his face, remembering their first meeting. This quickly moved the thoughts that were in his head only moments beforehand. Thomas looked up at Autumn, "You are my best friend too and you never have to worry about your secret, it will stay with me until the end of days." He said with a wink.

When she muttered the last few words, Thomas felt a churn in his stomach, Should I? he thought. After a few moments silence he took a deep breath and released it, shakiness clearly noticeable. "Your welcome." He started off. "Now there's something you can do for me." He continued. "After fully recovering, I was...um," He paused, unsure how to complete his sentence. Shaking his head he decided to just say it, "I was wondering if you would want to go to the Yule Ball with me?" He said, now looking at his hands again, Autumn's still entangled in his. He waited for a response, unable to breath.

Autumn smiled when he cried out playfully form her light punch. Her heart fluttered when he closed his hands around hers, almost protectively. She felt him smile against her as she told him how she felt and how much she appreciated him. He spoke, his breath ruffling the short hairs at her crown as he told her he felt the same way; that she was his best friend as well.

He'd grown comfortably silent after her words about thanking him for everythig he'd done and she waited to see what he would say. His next words caught her off guard. It was incredibly sweet, but she found herself wondering if they'd go as friends again, or if they'd be the adorable 11 year old couple it seemed everyone her age was becoming. Either way she didn't mind, so long as her best buddy was by her side, she owuld enjoy her time at the ball.

It seemed he was holding his bretah, waiting for an answer and she felt his gaze on their entwined hands. She gazed up at him with her sweet smile and nodded against his shoulder,"Yes, of course I would Thomas." before yawning.

The nurse came back and told him he could check back on her in the morning and she reluctantly watched him leave before drifting into a peaceful slumber, filled with dreams of ballgowns and suits, whirlign skirts and the sound of lovely music. She adored parties and dressing up. This was going to be oodles of fun.

{{wanna post and end it or just end it here?}}

((Well, if Autumn is going to have any problems like bad night or something, it would be better to keep it going. If you want to RP Tom coming in then you had best keep it going or start a new one.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back