All That Glitters Is Gold

Mariposa Toviniski

OOC First Name
Cole
Wand
Broken
Set in late August, Poland, 2032

Mariposa took off through the encampment on her new home. She'd been there for less than a week, and had managed to piss off her larger roommate twice now. The young woman, clad in her Fairy Costume, weaved her way through sleeper tents, careful to avoid the hot coals on the ground that were there for only Merlin knew why. "Sorry Stefan!, pardon me Felix." She called out to the boys she had passed by. Stefan was the strong man, big and kind, but dumb and easily enraged. She'd learned that from watching him interact with Felix whom was a knife thrower. He was also one of the filthiest men the small Russian had met - but she minded that not. After all, they were to be her new family, and it didn't seem so bad. After all, if the first words out of his mouth were asking her age - sixteen at the time - he mustn't be as dirty as they assume.

"Come back you moth!" The bearded lady shouted, to which once again Posie shouted a thickly accented sorry. She supposed had she moved her jar of glitter when told to, this wouldn't be the situation she was in. However, her little glances back told her that the glitter was not going to come out of her beard anytime soon, and she wasn't going to stop chasing her any time soon. Weaving a little through the crowd she greeted Mitica who asked her in for tea. Of course in her position she stopped for a moment to tell him no, and perhaps later, before picking up the pace and turning the corner, running straight into the entrance of an unfamiliar tent. Mariposa pressed her body against the side of the tent, eyes closed as she listened for the heavy footsteps of the bearded woman to pass. Once gone, she let out a sigh. Glitter fell from her hair and dress as she straightened herself out, before looking around the tent, and spotting a man she'd met on her first day. "Hello Emmanuel!" She greeted, her accent thickly laced with his name. "What is it you are doing here?" She inquired, unaware this was the man's tent.

Emmanuel was carefully rolling the soft fabric over his hands, making sure to not allow creases to form in the fabric. His act demanded him to have over 30 feet of silk, and seeing as he enjoyed not having broken bones (irregardless of the ease in which he could heal them) he took care of his instrument personally, rolling it after each performance and practice and packing it away safely. The rolls were beginning to become slightly heavy now, however, as the fabric was rather thick as he came to half-way of the fabric. He looked up from his task, however, when he heard the sheets of the tent move, and looked up at a rather exhausted looking Mariposa. He did not often like people in his tent, as the only people that came regularly would be ones seeking to take something, and they would be most displeased to find that he had already taken half of their things to begin with. Fortunately for Mariposa, she had yet to fall victim to Emmanuel's antics, but she would eventually. The currently twenty-three year old man had grown up in La Grande, quite literally since birth, and such considered everything to belong to the circus, and by extension, to himself.

He smiled slightly at her, his long eyelashes fluttering, and showed his hands covered in silk, before gesturing to the rest of the small tent. Hopefully she would take the hint, and see that this tent was his own. His personal belongings were all over the place, from a small collection of (terrible) pictures drawn by Robin of various members of the troupe, ranging from Robin himself, to Baba, Torino, and even Mitica. However, seeing as he knew that such hints could fly right over the blonde girls' head, he also spoke to her. "This is my tent," he said. He preferred to remain quiet most of the time, but sometimes talking had to happen, and he felt it was one of those times. He nodded to her, and returned his attention to his silks, rolling them once more. He was not entirely sure what he expected of her, to leave or to stay, but he had no inclination toward either. He just hoped her glitter wouldn't get all through the silk.
<i></i>

Mariposa looked to the man's hands, and around the room where silks were strewn about. She could only assume that he must have work as a - what did they call them? - ribbon dancer. She couldn't think of the name, having only been with the circus for a short time and really only concentrating on her own act. The blonde shook more glitter from her hair and dress, nearly all that wasn't attached now either outside or on the floor of his tent. Posie flashed a small, almost apologetic smile at him upon realizing this was his tent and she had just dusted her glitter onto his floor. If anything though, he'd remember that she was here, right?

The girl approached a bit more, looking at the end of the Silk on the floor. She picked it up tentatively, and then smiled at him. "These are beautiful." She said, her accent voice like charms, befitting her small stature. Even though the man before her was below average height, Mariposa's own small height made him look tall, like a giant next to her. Six inches was a large difference, she thought. Still feeling the silks between her finger she twirled a bit with them, her skirt flowing around her, cusping at her thighs when she spun to reveal the nude colored shorts beneath that she wore for performances. Perhaps she had gotten carried away in the beautiful coloring, too simple to realize he held the other end. Before a moment had passed she had managed to tangle herself up slightly in the silks, and with bewildered blue eyes looked down. "This is not what I had intended when I came in. I am sorry to intrude, and I haven't even asked if you remember me!" She commented, smiling from her predicament. "I am new, Mariposa." Her English was slightly broken. She'd only been learning for about four years now after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back