Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Dederick
Wand
Briars rowan, 15", with centaur (aspens) tail hair and my werewolf fur
OOCOut of Character:
werewolf bite (to ankle), cuts and a broken ankle. how she got there i am not sure either by ministry wizard (investigating the underage magic that had occurred) the said werewolf. or if neither were around she would have flown

it was early on the morning and Briar was a mess as she made her way in through the doors of st mungo's. she had had a few accidents over the holiday but none were like this. the break had been going fine until the previous evening when she had bumped into someone. the problem was that unlike her they weren't in the mountains to camp (it was the middle of winter after all) they were in the mountains to get away from everyone else for a night. the problem was that the person she had met was a werewolf, and they were here to be away from everyone to transform. long story short when she had seen him transforming she had run away, but even she wasn't able to out run a hungry wolf, he had caught up with her and managed to bite her on the ankle. as well as pulling her down the cliff she had been attempting to climb in order to escape. after that had been a night of agonising pain, as she had felt the full implications of the bite.
once the moon had set and she was back to normal the pain had gone and in turn been replaced with a different pain, more localised to her ankle, and arms and legs that were covered ins scratches. she realised that this wasn't something that she could cope with and it needed professional hep. she had found a way to the hospital which was where she was now. she staggered in half her wait was supported by her broomstick that was hovering under her arm and acting like a crutch. "Is there a healer around i need some help here" she called hoping that someone would turn up.

Today had been a fairly calm day at work for Alyssa. So far nothing unusual but some of her regular patients showing up for their check-up's or a case here and there where someone had been bitten by something or needed a Potion. Alyssa's loved days like that. They were less stressful. It wasn't her area to deal with patients in critical state often and she was thankful for that. The blood and the seriousness of those types of patients always made Alyssa feel sick to her stomach. The former Slytherin cared too much about people. Sometimes she wondered how long she would care to be a Healer for. Alyssa loved her job. She loved helping people a lot. But some days it was just harder than others to deal with. Currently she was heading to the front desk area to see if there was anyone who may need her assistance while she was free. Her shift was long from over but all her appointments have already been tended to. It would give her something to do until she had to leave. Alyssa's heels clicked and she held the clipboard she had in her hand tightly. The lobby of St. Mungos seemed to be very empty today. Or at least right now it did. Alyssa did notice that some hours of the day were always more busier than others. Her crystal blue eyes gaze around when she heard someone say that they needed some help. They needed a Healer. Alyssa held her hand up telling the receptionist that she had this one and hurried over. Her long legs allowed her to approach the young woman quickly. Alyssa was worried that something was seriously wrong because she could see now from her close range that blood-red cuts and scratches were all over her body. This was definitely in Alyssa's field. They looked to belong from a creature and that was one of the things she knew best about. Creature induced injuries. "My name is Alyssa. I'm a Healer so I can help you, come with me please." Alyssa greeted the young woman and managed to help her along to her office. She appeared to be using her broomstick as a crutch so it must have been a serious injury to her leg. Once inside her office Alyssa had the girl sit down on the hospital bed and sighed. It always made her nervous whenever one of her patients looked young. "What is your name? And can you tell me what happened? What gave you those....scratches." Alyssa filled out a slip of paper. One that described what the injuries looked like, if they were infected. They looked easy to treat but the wound on her ankle. That was another story. It looked like the bite from something vicious. With sharp teeth. The blonde beauty just hoped it wasn't from what she thought it was from.
<i>
</i>

Briar was glad when someone made her way over when she asked for help, standing wasn't the best thing for her and she wanted to get off her foot as soon as possible. even though she had splinted it it was still painful although compared to the pain she felt the previous night it wasn't too bad. "thank you Alyssa" she said as she leaned on the woman as being guided her to an examination room thankfully it wasn't too far as progress was rather slow. once they reached it briar needed no encouragement she practically collapsed in the bed thankful to take the weight off her ankle. "My name is Briar Rowan. last night i bumped into someone and i didn't realise he was a werewolf until it was too late" she said pretty sure she could infer the rest of what had happened from that. she looked at her body there were a lot of scratches, she hadn't really checked before as she knew that she had to get to the hospital and that was all that had been on her mind. I think that a few of the shallow ones were already there, but not many, some of the others would be from falling off a cliff last night as i tried to escape, the rest would be from either me or the other werewolf" she said, to be honest she didn't care much about the scratches she just wanted the healer to fix her ankle. She wasnt going to tell the healer who the other wolf was even if she asked as she didn't want him to get into trouble, it wasnt his fault she should have realised earlier and flown away instead of trying to outrun a wolf, as although she was fast she wasn't that fast as she only had half the amount of legs. "can you do anything to make it less painful whilst we chat?" she asked. it wasn't what she would normally say but she wasn't in her normal frame of mind tiredness and pain was making her a little cranky.

The young woman's name was Briar Rowan. Alyssa wrote that down on the paper. Then she went into detail about how she had met someone who was a werewolf. That she didn't realize what he was until it was much too late. 'She was attacked by a Werewolf. Oh my...this could be bad.' Werewolf bites, or scratches were always a fair bit more difficult to treat than other wounds from a creature were. Sometimes the person became infected themselves and then a whole other problem arose. Alyssa just hoped that the wound wasn't that bad. She would have to look at it and see. If it was, then Briar was going to be sharing something in common with the guy she met that night, they would both be werewolves. Briar asked if Alyssa could make it less painful while they chat and she shot the girl a look. It was easy to see that she might have been grouchy because of the pain. But Alyssa wanted to tell her there was another problem. Might as well spill the beans now before she got even more upset than she already was. Alyssa went over to a cabinet and pulled out a light colored potion. It might help with the pain. "Here drink this. It might help with the pain, don't mind the taste though. We have another problem though. One that could be a lot worse than the pain. Briar....if that is infected..." Alyssa drawled on. Wondering if the girl already knew how werewolves were made. Oh there was plenty of things she needed to check now for signs that she had been infected. Like her eyes, the wound, teeth. Ugh lots of places she really would prefer to just leave alone. Alyssa wasn't a dentist but she knew that she had to check. "You do know how a Werewolf is made right?" Alyssa finished writing something down and finally grabbed a potion and some others things. Might as well check the injury now. It didn't matter who the werewolf was or anything. It was never their fault and it wasn't like much could be done about it. But whomever it was should have had some Wolfsbane handy. It would have just helped. If things didn't work out this girl would be needing some too. That and a lot of support.​
<i>
</i>

Briar saw the look on the healers face change when she heard what had happened. she had known that it was bad news and she was glad that she had come to the hospital and not tried to fix her ankle herself. the took the pale blue potion from the healer and drunk it down, it tasted bitter but not too bad she had eaten much worse in the past. almost instantly the main from her ankle receded to a numb ache, something that she found a lot better "thank you, that is much better" she said calming down a little. she knew what the nurse was thinking, she had been thinking it herself all night and most of the morning. there was a high chance that she could be a werewolf from now on too. she listened as she said what may happen if it was infected her thoughts confirming themselves, and she nodded. surprisingly she didn't mind that much, it was only once a month right, and she was pretty sure she could learn to live with it. maybe when the news sunk in, or when she had her first transformation things would hit her harder but right now she was okay with the thought. "I don't know how to check if it is infected other than to wait and see, but I know what may happen if it is, how werewolves are made" she said a little calmer now that the pain had receded.
she saw the healer finish writing down what she had said and pick up some equipment, realising that she needed to check out the wound briar leaned forwards and gently took her makeshift splint, and her shoe off her right ankle, and rolled her now tattered shorts up, hopeing to make it easier to examine.

Alyssa was glad she could at least the numb the pain this girl at least, because from the looks of the bite it was in fact as sign of infection and the start of a new life for this girl. Whomever it was that bit her had officially changed her life. Whether it was for the better or for the worse, Alyssa wasn't too sure since it was not happening to her and she had nothing against Werewolves. But then again she was in the same position as they were when it came to having people be prejudice against her. It was just easier to hide then most. "Well since you already know about how Werewolves are made, I might as well cut to the chase here....you've been infected with Lycanthropy. Or the ability to turn into a Werewolf during each and every full moon. Any bite, whether big or small will do this. Your fate was sealed the moment you were bitten." Alyssa told Briar carefully. Her words didn't hold much regret in them, but that was because she didn't view it as a terrible tragedy. Sure it was going to change her life. It was going to be difficult to deal with, especially if she was still in school. But there were worse things out there in Alyssa's opinion. 'I've grown up knowing being different though.' Alyssa thought to herself as she wrote something final down on the paper and circled the word. It was what Briar was infected with and would be infected with for the rest of her life. But there were ways to deal with it. She wasn't alone. In fact it could be hidden pretty well if she wanted it to be. "I can tell you right now, you are definitely going to want to talk to your Headmaster at school about this if you're still in school, and-well if this was an attack you best talk to an Auror or something too. If it was an accident then...well it's none of my business. And-" Alyssa went to a cabinet and opened it again. This time she pulled out another bottle. This was filled with something a little more well-known. It took some time to brew but she had plenty of them. Briar could come get them anytime she liked. She could visit here anytime she wanted in fact if she ever needed something for this. Alyssa knew it was going to be hard. But actually. Briar didn't look that scared. Or did she? "Wolfsbane. You may have heard some things about this in Potions or Herbology. I highly recommend you take this around the time of the Full Moon." Alyssa handed over a bottle. Then she waited. Waited for a reaction, a question, anything to see if Briar was going to be okay or if she needed some support. This was a big thing to handle. It made Alyssa think of her own son back at home Chacen, what would Briar's parents think about all of this?​
<i>
</i>

Briar had already guessed what was happening to her. the previous night she had felt changes in she that she had never felt before. she had felt her mind change for a few hours, it wasn't in a way that you knew was changing, like if you knew toy were angry, but more in a way that had felt different in a way that you couldn't understand. she nodded once to show the healer that she understood. she wasn't frightened like she knew many people would be, or particularly worried, she was numb al the way through, she heard what was being said, and understood it and accepted it but she didn't feel anything, instead her mind like normal had gone to the practical approach. "okay, so i will have to see professor Lloyd, or professor Kingsley to see if i can return to school, and what needs to be done if i do." she said wondering how many werewolf's, if any had been through the school. "It was more of an accident than an attack, we were just in the wrong places on the wrong night." she didn't believe that there had been any pre thought in Dedericks actions firstly because no one had known where she was. and secondly he had been just as surprised to see her up the mountain as she had been to see him.
when the healer returned wit ha potion she knew what it would be even if she hadn't seen it before, it was smoking slightly blue and she knew that it would taste discussing. yes, I have heard about wolfsbane before, it is meant to help me keep my mind isn't it. Is there any particular time frame I have to take it, or just whenever i feel bad?" she asked still having her mind set on the matter at hand, ad her emotions completely chocked. "should i drink some now" she asked wondering if she needed it after the moon or just before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back