Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Augustus)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Sturdy Birch Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Addison had been thinking a lot lately. The Yule ball had been... something else. Ryan had quickly inserted himself into the night, even sticking close to her and Augustus as he walked her back to her common room after. She had gotten the distinct impression he didn't like her. She knew that he and Augustus were close, and she was honestly a little afraid that Augustus might listen to the other boy and break up with her. She didn't think that he would, exactly, but she felt like Ryan wasn't alright with their relationship and she was worried about how that might affect things.

Unsure of what to do, Addy had decided to seek out the only other person in the school that knew Ryan well. His older sister. Addy was a bit unsure of the idea, even now. She knew that Augustus had been smitten with Nicole once, and Addy had always been a bit jealous. Addy considered herself to be plain and boring. And Nicole... Nicole was pretty, popular, older. Eventually though, Addy wondered into the library in search of the Slytherin prefect. She was relieved to spot the girl studying.

Hesitantly, Addy approached her, wringing her hands a bit in front of her. "Erm... excuse me, Nicole?" Addy asked quietly, biting her lip. "Can I sit with you for a minute?" She asked, tucking a strand of her dark hair behind her ear. She was almost sure that Nicole might turn her away, but it was worth a shot, right?

Nicole had had a relatively easy first semester but she knew her time to relax was well and truly over now they'd gotten into the second part of the year. She had found a comfy spot in the library and was immersed in the very gross and tedious process of how to stew lacewing flies when someone spoke up, causing Nicole a moment of confusion as she blinked up at the student standing in front of her. "Hello? Oh, yeah, of course. Everything alright?" She said, using her wand to clear some parchment away from the seat near her. She was fairly sure the girl was one of the kids she'd seen Ryan hanging around with but she didn't have the brain space just yet to try and remember her name, not wanting to lose her train of thought.

Addy took a seat as Nicole moved her papers, fidgeting nervously and looking down at her hands folded in her lap. "Well, erm, I... I was hoping I could talk to you- about Ryan," She offered almost shyly, looking up to her. "I um, I understand if you'd rather not, I just... didn't know who else to go to," Addy offered quickly, shifting uncomfortably in her seat.

Nicole paused, setting down her quill with a sigh when the girl mentioned Ryan, tucking her chin into her hand. "What's he done now?" She asked resignedly. That confirmed she was definitely one of the kids Ryan liked to hang out, and Nicole supposed she should be thankfully it was her and not someone like Augustus. "It's fine, I'm well used to it by now," she said wanly, giving the girl a sympathetic look at her clear discomfort. Hopefully Ryan wasn't being weird and following people around again.

Addy shifted nervously in her seat. "Erm, I... I'm... Augustus' girlfriend," She managed gently, peeking up at Nicole. Addy knew very well that Augustus had liked Nicole before, and if she recalled correctly he had done something to embarrass himself in front of the older girl. Addy looked away again, biting her lip. "They're... Ryan is, well, his best friend," Addy sighed, trying not to let her shoulders slump. "I don't... I don't think he likes me, or... that we're together. I... I keep trying, but... I'm awkward, I don't have any friends really, aside from Augustus..."

Addy could feel herself tearing up and she shook her head quickly, clearing her throat to try and keep herself calm. "Ryan, um, he crashed our date at the ball, and he- he wasn't openly against me, but... I can tell that he wishes I wasn't around..." She admitted gently, wringing her hands. Addy never wanted to be in the position where Augustus would have to choose between her and his friends. She didn't want to lose him, but honestly... if it came down to her or Ryan, Addy would walk away before she would force him into making that decision himself.

Nicole blinked for a few moments at the information that Augustus. Augustus Westwick, apparently had a girlfriend. She was caught between disbelief and sympathy for her, but she supposed she should be happy for them both, pushing the thought aside to listen to whatever was going on with Ryan that needed her input. "Unfortunately," she said with a small smile, it faltering when the girl explained what exactly her brother had been up to.

"Unbelievable," she said with a click of her tongue. "Don't mind him, Ryan's not the most sociable on a good day, I'm sure he likes you. Or at least tolerates you..." she said with an exasperated shake of her head. Ryan had never been very good at sharing things he liked, and apparently that also extended to Augustus for some ridiculous reason. "I can try to talk to him, he's an idiot but even he should know better than to crash someone's ball date, Merlin's flaming knickers," she muttered. "I'm really sorry- Sorry what was your name?- I'm sorry about him, Addison," Nicole said sheepishly. It'd been awhile since she was properly embarrassed about Ryan's behavior, whether that was because he'd matured over the years or she just hadn't been paying attention, but clearly she was overdue.

Addy blushed. She hadn't been sure what to expect when coming to talk to Nicole, but an apology wasn't it. She looked away, running her hands gently over her braid. "I, um... thank you," She managed softly. "I'm sorry to pester you, I just... I've tried everything, I'm not sure... I don't know what else I can really do," She sighed, biting her lip. "I... I really care about Augustus, but I just... I would never make him choose between me or his friends. If... If I can't figure this out, I... I would break things off with him before I cost him his friendships, I'm not worth that," She admitted shyly, peeking up at Nicole. It would absolutely break her heart to do it, she knew that, but she would hurt herself before she'd risk hurting him.

Nicole just let out a fond sigh at Addison's apology shaking her head. "It's fine, I'm well use to it by now," she said, frowning as Addison continued. "Have you already told him to back off and he didn't listen?" She said, chewing on her lip. Maybe she really would have to talk to Ryan about this, usually asking him to stop worked, since he didn't realize half the time he was being a pest, but if he was refusing to listen maybe something else was going on. Nicole's mind couldn't help but stray to a love triangle, even as unlikely as it seemed.

Nicole could only blink at Addison's next solution though, opening her mouth briefly before closing it. "That's... Sorry that's bullsh*t," she said firmly, lowering her voice as she swore. "I mean, if you're looking for an excuse to break up with Augustus, by all means, but seriously? If you really like him don't let my dumb brother get in the way. This is someone you care about after all, right?" She said, smacking a palm on the table and then immediately ducking her head at the sound, realizing maybe she was getting a little carried away here.

Addy shook her head quickly at Nicole's question. "Oh, I haven't. I'm not sure if Augustus has. They're best friends, I wouldn't want to damage things when it's already strained between Ryan and I," she tried to explain. She already felt like Ryan didn't like her, she didn't want to make him hate her because she asked him to go away.

Though she was pulled from her thoughts as Nicole spoke again, her eyes widening. She nearly jumped when Nicole smacked the table. She swallowed hard and nodded quickly. "I love him," she admitted softly, twisting her braid in her hand. "I really do... I just don't want to do anything that might hurt him," She considered what to say, before letting out a sigh. "Augustus doesn't have many friends... I just didn't want to make him choose between Ryan and I, that seems... cruel."

Nicole shook her head, giving Addison a sympathetic look. "Don't be scared of Ryan, he's an idiot. He probably doesn't even know he's being annoying unless you tell him. Just talk to him. Worst case he stops talking to you and I think you might consider that a win anyway," she said encouragingly.

She could only blink blankly at Addison's next comment, trying to piece together the girl's logic. "You don't think... Breaking up with him would hurt him way more?" She said, puzzled. If anyone tried to get between her and Ajax, Nicole would be ready to fight tooth and nail, friend of theirs or not. "I don't think it has to be an either/or situation.. You guys should really just all talk about it," Nicole said with a sigh, brushing her hair out of her face. She'd been thinking this was something she'd have to step in to resolve to make Ryan stop being a brat, but it sounded like whatever issue Addison was having it went deeper than just Ryan not taking a hint. "It's okay to want things for yourself, you know," she offered gently.

Addy gave Nicole a shy smile, twisting her braid nervously. She wasn't sure she could just tell Ryan he was bothering her. She didn't want to start a fight. Addy hesitated at Nicole's question, and looked away. "I..." She sighed. "I told him... I loved him. And he didn't say it back." She replied quietly. "I've been trying to get his attention for a long time... I just... sometimes its easy to think... I don't matter as much to him as he does to me," She admitted softly, biting her lip.

Addy sighed. "It didn't help when um... I slipped a love note in his bag and he told me he hoped it was from you." She gave Nicole a shy smile. "I mean, I can understand why... you're cool and pretty and talented..." Addy shook her head. "I know I'm just... weird and plain and awkward. I'm just... worried. If it came down to me or Ryan... I'm not sure he'd pick me," She admitted, almost ashamed as she said it. She felt horrid doubting Augustus... it was just so hard to tell how he felt sometimes.

She hesitated as Nicole suggested talking to Ryan, saying she could want things for herself. "Maybe I am being dramatic," she offered with a gentle smile. "Ryan just... doesn't seem to be warming up to me. I've tried to be his friend, but it's like I'm invisible, he won't listen to anything I say." She told Nicole.

Nicole listened pensively as Addison laid out her insecurities about Augustus, wondering what had transpired that she was actually having this conversation about Augustus of all people. She shelved the thought for now however, brow furrowing in sympathy for poor Addison. She hadn't wanted to voice her concern about Augustus being a very good boyfriend but it was becoming rather apparent to her that he definitely left much to be desired.

"Well," Nicole said, drawing out the syllables when Addison waxed poetic about how cool she was compared to her. "You shouldn't put compliment other people by putting yourself down. We can both be cool and pretty and talented, maybe just in different ways," she offered gently, well aware she was perfectly guilty of doing exactly the same thing, though it was decidedly different being on the other end of conversation for once. "Have you.. Told Augustus any of this too? Forget my brother, it kind of sounds like you guys have your own issues even without him," she offered, holding out a hand on the table in case Addison needed a little extra comfort. "Ryan's... Never been good at making friends, I wouldn't take it personally, but it does really sound like all of you need to have a proper conversation. Relationships of any kind won't last if you never talk," she said, feeling quite proud of the grown up advice she was getting to dish out today.

Addy hesitated at the advice Nicole offered, biting her lip. "I... I haven't," she admitted gently. "I... probably should. I spent so long chasing after him, I guess- I'm just worried that he's- that he doesn't care about me... as much as I care about him," She peeked around, almost afraid she would be caught admitting her insecurities. "I- know you're right, we probably need to talk it out." She sighed softly. "I'm sorry, I know I'm a mess,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back