Adventuring

Rosalina Starling

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Curly 16 1/2 Inch Flexible Hawthorn Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Rosalina pulled her cardigan closer to her body pushed herself onto the tips of her toes to peer over the edge of the cliff she was standing by. It was sort of strange that something could both frighten and exhilarate her at the same time. If Rosalina had been more brave, she might have ventured closer to the edge, but the fear of falling to her death kept her a good measure of space away. The castle had been overwhelming with all the corridors and classrooms located in various places that still needed to be found before classes began. Rosalina was never the best at directions, heck she still had some issues finding the Gryffindor Common Room without having to stalk one of the older students in hopes that they would be returning there soon. Despite constantly getting lose and being overwhelmed with this place, Rosalina actually loved Hogwarts. Everything here was so magical and different. Pretty soon she'd be able to put that wand to some use and start to use magic herself! Her brother and sister weren't old enough to do magic outside of their respective schools yet, but the both of always brought home top notch grades, especially Gracelynn. If luck was on her side, it would come just as easy to Rosalina as it did to the two of them.

"I wonder how high up this is. Probably high enough to break a bunch of bones on the way down if I slip." Rosalina thought cheekily as she inched closer. It'd be fun to climb around on some of the larger rocks and ledges, but Rosalina was still worried she would fall. It was still pretty risky just being as close to the ledge as she already was. "Are students even allowed out here?" Her cheeks flushed. Rosalina was sure she might have heard something about the forest and cliffs, but at the time she had been stuffing her face so ninety percent of what she was told was quickly forgotten about. Hopefully this wasn't against the rules. Rosalina loved to have fun but she wasn't the type of person who like getting into trouble with others.

Troy wanted so badly to include an illustration of the majestic castle in his sketchbook but he needed to find a good spot of a panoramic view to settle down to work. He decided to visit the school's lake. Perhaps somewhere on its shores he could find the place that would offer him the view he needed. He found his walk around the waters pretty relaxing. It was freezing outside the castle and the boy realized he wouldn't be able to sit down somewhere to draw for a long time. He would have to take off his gloves and at the moment it was the last thing he wanted to do. He decided to just investigate the area and find the right place so he could return another time.

The lake was vast and made him wonder what was at the opposite shores and the mountains beyond. Then he noticed the vertical, rocky surface of a cliff, not far away, rising above the waters. Instantly his face bore an expression of excitement and enthusiasm and went right away to check the view. Troy climbed the rough slope, his dreaming mind fantasizing that he was the first to conquer the sheer wall of the cliff face. His daydream dissolved when he noticed a silhouette dangerously close to the edge, looking down. He reluctantly approached with his curiosity inciting him to see what this girl was up to.

"H-hi!" He smiled timidly as he stood next to her and looked down at the waters lapping against the rocks. "You shouldn't come too close to the edge. It's quite slippery." He pointed out at the green moss covering the rocks. "I'm Troy." He introduced himself and looked down again. It wasn't a low cliff. "I hope you aren't planning cliff jumping." He said and kicked a single rock off the cliff.

The castle felt so claustrophobic sometimes, Bryony couldn't deal with how strange and backward everything felt in there. She was craving fresh air and an open space, and where better but the cliffs? She left the Hufflepuff common room and made her way towards the cliffs. After what felt like a long and hard climb to the top she had finally made it. Despite feeling hot and sweaty it felt good to be at the top seeing an incredible view. She took in a deep breath of the cold, sharp air that she felt course around her body. This was truly a way to feel alive.

To her surprise, she was joined by a couple of other students at the top. She couldn't work out their age or their house (which seemed important to everyone here) and decided that she wouldn't disturb them. They probably knew each other anyway and Bryony didn't want to interrupt their conversation. Instead, she decided to stay put and admire the view. A few moments away from the madness that was the Hogwarts castle was exactly what she needed.

Rosalina would be lying if she tried to say that the boy hadn't startled her when he said hello. Flinching out of instinct, the Gryffindor first year hurriedly turned around to match a face with the voice that had spoken to her. At least it wasn't someone who was about to bust her for being out here when she shouldn't. "I know I shouldn't be too close, but I can't see the rocks as good when I'm further away. I'm not planning to jump or anything, I just wanted to take a look." The boy introduced himself, and Rosalina instantly remembered seeing him at the sorting ceremony. He was sorted into a Hufflepuff and was a first year like she was. "My name is Rosalina. What brings you all the way out here Troy?" He didn't seem to be as bold as she was, so there was no way he was out here jumping around on the rocks either. Then again she had known him for all of thirty seconds, it was hard to tell what someone was like in that amount of time. Maybe he was a total daredevil and just didn't want others to see.

Rosalina opened her mouth to ask another question, but in the distance she noticed another student their age. "Hey, come over here!" The girl looked lonely so she might as well join the two of them. Not that anyone was going to force her or anything. What fun is sitting in the distance watching though? Rosalina didn't quite recognize the girl, but she looked quite young so it was easy to assume that she was a first year as well. Not that she was one hundred percent certain, since it wouldn't be the first time she was wrong when it came to guessing someone else's age. Rosalina wasn't in the least bit shy either, so meeting someone new on a whim didn't bother her. Though she preferred having only a few close friends, she felt that the more people she knew the merrier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back