About This Class...

Aliyah Wright

OOC First Name
Anna Lee
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Laurel Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Aliyah thought long and hard about what she was going to do about her remaining flying lessons. She realized that she stooped really low when she tried to fake sick to get out her lesson last week and the guilt was beginning to gnaw at her stomach ever so slightly. The first year figured she should do the responsible thing and go talk to Professor Youngs. If he was reasonable, he would excuse her from the remaining lessons. Flying clearly wasn't her thing and she could certainly use the class period to study for other classes that actually mattered. The way she saw it, this was not really giving up on flying. She technically flew during the last lesson so the class had already served its purpose. This was her taking control of her academic efficiency. She was compromising or that was at least what she was telling herself.

It was Wednesday, the first year Slytherins' free day, and Aliyah made sure not to sleep in. She got up and dug through her dresser to find an outfit, ultimately settling on a pair of dark wash jeans and a floral patterned top. She pulled her hair into a fluffy ponytail and headed to the first floor corridor to Professor Youngs' office. The eleven year old drew in a deep breath and knocked a steady beat on the door. She didn't know what to expect from the professor. He looked young and pleasant enough. Perhaps this talk wouldn't be so bad.

Owen was for once in his office, He had hardly used it since he'd started at Hogwarts, but now it was decorated with a Few Quidditch Posters, Family Photos and his own prized possession, his broom, which was currently resting on a shelf. He looked up as someone knocked on his door, Standing up from his desk, he walked to the door and opened it to a young girl, Aliyah perhaps, one of his first years anyhow. "Please do come in." He gestured for her to enter and to take a sit. He himself sat back down at the desk and smiled warmly at her, for she looked nervous. "How may I help you?"

Aliyah gave Professor Youngs a small forced smile before she entered into his office. "Hi. Professor Youngs. I'm Aliyah Wright. First Year, Slytherin." she offered as sat down in a chair facing his desk. "Umm yeah...I just wanted to come by and talk about our flying lessons." she began. The eleven year old always believed that she had an easier time talking with adults than she did talking with kids her own age, but somehow the idea of talking with a professor felt different. Maybe it was the fact that professors had the power to affect her grades and ultimately her future. Professors were like the most powerful adults ever. She wanted to be respectful and not shame her good name or her house, but she was determined to get what she wanted from the man seating across from her. "I wanted to apologize about trying to fake sick so I could be excused from the last lesson. That was wrong and I shouldn't have done that. And your classes are so...exciting." Following up an apology with a lie, albeit a small one, wasn't exactly the classiest move, but flattery seemed like an appropriate way to open a conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back