A world of love.... sometimes

Atticus Tyler

There were some days that Atticus could just smell the sweet smell of love. The flirting in the air, and the flowers on the ground. Today was one of those days, which put him in a good move. He had already scored one girl, adn needed to set a new record, which meant he needed a lot more girls.

He walked quietly down the quiet streets of a place called Obsidian harbor. His favorite place now, since you could smell the ocean,a dn hear a train not to far off. he decided to take a break from wearing out his old black converse, and sat down ona bench, watching the girls walk by, picking out his next target.

Its was always the same day and routine she does, getting up early and walking in the street of Obsidian Harbour to get at the hospital. Today was a drastic one, she was very late and she doesn't want to be late again, Mae was just starting to work normally in the hospital.

As Mae walked at the groggy lane of Obsidian, holding many folder records of hospital patience. She walked like a drunken pirate with her high heels on her foot. "Stupid alarm clock." Mae muttered on herself. Mae accidentally smack her shoulder holding the folders of an old man on her way, her folders fell at the ground making her groaned, "Not now."

Mae picked it up one by one but as the wind was getting harder, the papers where already scattered. "Please, don't do this to me."

He felt the smack but didn't move. He heard a female voice muttering something, so he dropped to the ground to help. "Are you okay?" He asked, being a gentlemen before he started to flirt at all. That's how it was, gentlemen, then lame pick-up lines. He grabbed a few papers that were blowing in the wind, but kept his eyes on the girl, examining her looks. He rated her a 6. Which was actually pretty high when you consider who was rating her.

While picking it up someone helped her asking if she's okay. "Im not okay, I'm very late and...."Mae trailed off and groaned. She then looked up at her helper, he was starring at her like the boy was examining her. "Are you a healer to look at me like that?" She asked her voice cold.

Picking all the papers up, she stood up and sigh, mae looked at her watched she was already late and she can't do anything to stop the time. "Thanks for the help but now, i must go."

He was confused with the way she spoke. No one was usually icy to him unless he dumped them. Was he some stalker he had gotten arested? No, he would have remembered her. "I'm sorry?" He said in an asking tone. "I don't understand. Can i at least have the name of the girl i knocked over?" He asked handing some papers to her.

As she was going to turn, the boy asked what's her name and she turned again facing him while the boy gave the remains of the other paper she had dropped. "Its ... Healer Owen." Mae told the boy why would i gave my first name she thought, it fine to say her last name than to say her first name. "Now that you already know, do you have any further questions?" She asked the boy.

She had a strange first name. Healer? That was one he had never heard before. "Well Healr, i was wondering..." He thought of one of his lame, yet effective pick-up lines. "You know if i said you had a nice body would you hold it agianst me?" He smiled a cheesy smiled, hoping she wouldn't slap him.

Mae rolled her eyes as the boy called her Healer, "You can just call me Owen and Healer's not my first name, I work at the hospital." She told the boy, she would never ever thrust a guy who she had met just now. Mae's eyebrow raised when the boy said her body is nice, "Oh, god." She chuckled, "I know that picked up lines, that's why i don't like guys like you. Do flirt someone else." Mae smiled one last and turned to walk away. I even don't know his name

"Oh, a nurse." He smiled a bit. That would be awesome, but the way it was going, he wasn't going to get a date. Not yet anyway. She recognized the pick-up line, and told him to flirt with someone else. "So are you one of those girls who like small talk?" He asked. "I'm Atticus, nice weather we're having, eh?"

Mae stopped walking again when the boy got what she wanted to say, "I'm a busy lady, so, i prefer small talks..." She trailed off, the boy then introduce himself as Atticus. "Nice to met you and yes, we always have a nice weather since i was born. So, if you don't mind, i have to go now."

He got next to her, not giving up. He wouldn't give up unless he had too. "Well, i wouldn't know, you see, I'm not from here." He smiled at her. "So you are a healer? That's so cool, my brother's friend is into medical c... stuff." he stopped himself. "What's it like?"

She looked around her as Atticus walked next to her, "That means your new here and you don't know every girl's attitude here then..." This boy won't stop she thought, irritated. Atticus then told that his brother's friend is into medical stuffs and asked what is it like, Mae sigh and turned her head slightly towards Atticus. "Its fine ... Busy everyday. Just about now, that I'm already late."

"No i don't, but i would like to learn." He winked. She wasn't breaking yet. Then she said she was late. He got it finally. She was acting icy because she was late. "Then how about we make arrangements to meet again?" he asked smilng at her.

She rolled her eyes as Atticus winked, "Well, let's see ..." Mae trailed off thinking, she wasn't even busy all the time just now because of birth delivering. "I think I don't even go home because of busyness, people who wanted to see me or meet me go at the hospital. And you probably won't come in the hospital anyway, just by your looks." She told Atticus, again a lie. She doesn't even stay at the hospital so late at night.

Being persistant he said, "what if i came to the hospital, would you at least give me a chance?" She was pretty enough for his time, plus she was something unattainable, which made him want it more. "And then we can talk, ya know?" He smiled again, what did he half to do, set himself on fire?

Mae sigh, this guy wouldn't even leave her alone. She can't do anything but to agree with Atticus, "Okay ... At the hospital. And don't you think its a date of sort." Mae told Atticus, Mae doesn't even know what a date is because she doesn't even have a boyfriend to do it with. "Tomorrow aftternun, its my lunch break, we can talk anything you want to talk about."

His eyes brightened, though it didn't seem possible because they were already bright, and he grinned. "Thanks, you wont regret this Miss Owen." He said putting the miss in front of it. "Now i must be off, I'm twenty minutes late for meeting my brother." He turned on his heel, not wanting her to change her mind, and skipped off.

"Yeah, Fine." She mumbled as Atticus went off to see his brother, "Well, its your fault anyway." Mae told to herself a little loud. She then went off to St. Mungos and sign in to her duties, Mae thought that it would not end but it end half an hour for her.

What's next??? St. Mungos???

Yeah could you start though? I mean, it's at your workplace so it would be easier for you then i i think.... maybe I'm just lazy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back