A walk on the ice

Nicolae Kobori

Nic smiled as he crossed the grounds from the garden to the lakefront. He was not sure what he was doing, this was so out of character for him. He was not the kind to go for a walk with a girl. It had taken him forever to get to this point with Katerina, and now here he was with the second girl to catch his eye since coming here. As he walked along to the lakefront, he was surprised that this was as easy to him now as it was. When they reached the edge of the lake, he stopped and turned to look at the girl that he was holding hands with. "So, um, where to from here?" He smiled at her, his eyes sparkling in the sunlight that was still around. The small blonde that was with him was not his usual type, but he figured that a change would be good for him.

Hilary was smiling and surprisingly relaxed as she walked from the gardens to the lakefront holding hands with this guy. He seemed so sweet and it was cute that he was okay with just walking somewhere. Most guys she had hung out with were the more 'meet you there' type as the walking to or from somewhere was just too awkward for them. Although she had just met him he seemed nice, was obviously nice to look at and this was sort of the carefree moment that Hilary needed in her life.

When Nic asked her where to go from there she smiled up at him. She gestured to the other side of the lake as she spoke. "Well it's that jet out part from the other side of the bank, but we could cross on the ice if you'd like too. It's a little less busy than the paths, but I warn you I'm not the steadiest on my feet. " She lowered her eyes a little in joke embarrassment then smiled back up at him, randomly wondering if this guy was steady on his feet or not.

Nic lead the way down towards the ice. "Not to worry, I will catch you if you fall." He winked at the girl, then cracked one of his warm smiles.

When the boy smiled at her Hilary almost melted from the warmth. Quickly though she tried to get her wits back about her. She allowed herself to be led off towards the frozen lake. She smiled back up at him and started speaking "So, uh" she realized she had blanked on his name, with slight embarassment she asked, "Sorry, what was your name again?" she said it in a small voice hoping that if she didn't let belt it out it would just flow into the conversation.

Nick chuckled and smiled at her again. "It's Nicolae, but you may call me Nic." He moved his hand from hers and put his arm around her waist. "So, Hilary, what do you do around here for fun other than walking on frozen lakes?" He was curious about her, not being too bad to look at and figuring she would be fun company until the end of the tournament.

"Okay, Nic then" Hilary said it with a smile that was even a little more than her signature smile. When he placed his arm around her waist she shivered quite a bit, but not from the cold, it was something deep inside of her.

When he asked her what she did she wasn't sure what to respond, there were a lot of things that she did and she did not wish to bore him. She pondered a little and then spoke in a gentle voice that seemed to come naturally around this boy. During her list a few of the things came with a slight giggle. "Well, I play Quidditch as a seeker, I shop way too much, I also love to write music and dance..... but honestly this is one of my favourite things I've done this year." She smiled up into the boys face sweetly and then lay her head back onto his chest.

Nic leaned down and rested his chin on Hilary's head. He sniffed and smelled the scent of her shampoo. He liked the scent and smiled softly. He kissed the top of the girls head, then responded to her. "I would agree, this would be one of my favorite moments here as well." He walked along with her, pulling her a bit closer as they progressed. "Maybe when it warms up a bit we should play some quidditch. I am a pretty good beater and a decent seeker."

As they walked along the ice, he felt comfortable and decided to be a bit bolder than he normally was. He stopped and then looked down at the blonde, taking his free hand and placing it under her chin. He tipped her face up towards his and then moved his closer to hers, stopping just a few millimeters from her lips. He did not want to presume that she was willing, but hoped that she would close the gap between their lips.

As Hilary lay her head there against his chest she inhaled and realized that he actually smelt really good. When he kissed her head she felt chills go down her spine and she wanted this moment to go on for ever. It was like that that she had felt with Bruin, only stronger. When he mentioned Quidditch she simply smiled and replied softly, "I'd like that".

They stepped along the ice and Hilary was feeling much more comfortable in this moment than she had before. When she felt his hand gently touch her chin she grinned up at him and allowed herself to be swallowed by the moment. Then it stopped, and Hilary knew that it was up to her. She reached her face a little closer to Nic's allowing her smooth lips to touch his. Gently placing hers around his bottom lip she decided that she'd let him break it.

Nic felt a smile cross his face as Hilary touched her lips to his. He leaned into the kiss and kept it a bit longer than he had originally planned. As he pulled back, he smiled at the girl. "That was nice," he whispered before leaning in for another kiss.

When Hilary felt his smile, she grinned a bit too. When he pulled away she simply replied "Yeah" softly before going back in for the next kiss. As she took a step closer though she slipped on the ice and fell straight down to Nic's feet. She let out a small scream which quickly turned into a bright pink blush. Oh great... perfect timing Hilary she lowered her head just wanting to disappear right into the ice. Part of her wished that he hadn't noticed but considering she had fallen mid moment, she highly doubted that.

Nic was enjoying the kiss when suddenly his partner was no longer there. Hilary was on the ice at his feet, looking a bit embarrassed over slipping. She was blushing, so he moved quickly to ease her discomfort. He was hoping to keep this relationship going a bit longer, at least til the end of the semester. Even if they were just friends who kissed once in a while. Nic knelt down in front of her, placing his hand under her small chin. He tipped her face up to look at his, mere centimeters apart. "Are you alright?" he asked softly, quickly placing a soft kiss on her lips. He pulled back and smoothed the hair around her face as he waited for her answer.

Although the embarrassment came quickly Hilary was also glad to feel it leave quickly too. Suddenly the moment turned into a real life fairy tale as just like a knight in shining armor Nic knelt down on his knees ready to save her. Though it really wasn't that big a deal, a girl could dream. Just as she was picturing this the fairytale gained another star as he planted a soft kiss on her lips. She smiled and replied softly, but clearly more confidently than embarrassed "I am now." As he fixed her hair she remembered one of the techniques her friends had told her about leaving guys wanting more. Hilary decided that this would be a perfect moment to try it out. She lent forward and gave him one more quick peck on the lips before pulling back with a sweet but still cute smile. "Maybe we could continue walking?" She said it as a slight question then held out her hand so that he could help her up. She didn't know what boys knew about these techniques but at least hoped that by putting out her hand she showed that she hadn't pulled away because she wasn't interested.

Nic smiled and stood up, extending his hand to take Hilary's and pull her up from the ice. "I would love to continue to walk. Are you sure you are okay?" he asked as he steadied her on her feet. "Which direction are we headed in again?"

Hilary took his hand in hers and stood up, as gracefully as could be expected under the circumstances. She relaxed her grip a little but didn't let go of the hand as she steadied herself on her feet. When he spoke to her she smiled, he honestly seemed concerned and Hilary found that so sweet. "Yes, thank-you Nic, my knee hurts a little but really it's no big deal." It wasn't too painful, and although Hilary was sure she might have a bruise in the morning she really didn't want to end this beautiful moment with a trip to the hospital wing. She gestured to the bank not too far in front of them, "It's that point over there, from which you can see the most beautiful view on the grounds."

Nic started to walk along side of the blonde. "Ok, but I doubt that it would be the most beautiful view at Hogwarts, because I believe that I have the most beautiful view walking right beside me." He grinned down at her, then moved his hand from hers to circle it around her waist and hold her more securely. He realized that they had finally reached the spot that she had been indicating, and moved to help Hilary up onto the shore. "Where do we go from here?" he asked, wondering what direction they should be walking in.

Hilary continued to walk along the ice enjoying the moment. When he mentioned that he was walking beside the most beautiful view she felt the shivers go all the way down her spine. She let the smile on her face represent the happiness she was feeling. When he wrapped his arm around her she continued to feel the excited happiness that she wasn't really used too. I'm generally up for tradition, but this is a difference I can handle she thought with an even bigger smile. When he reached out his hand to help her onto the bank she allowed the grip to change and willingly let him lead her upwards. "Well Nic, it's that single rock on the edge of the point. It's my special spot you see, but I'm totally willing to share it with you." She gave his hand a bit of a squeeze as they stepped towards it.

Nic smiled, and followed her to the special rock. She was right, the view was spectacular. He looked around before moving to clear the snow off the top of the rock and sat down, pulling Hilary to sit on his lap. "You are right, this is beautiful, but it still pales in comparison to you." He surveyed the view of the lake, noticing that he was able to see his window in the boat from there. "If you look right there, that is where my room with Dom is." He pointed at the window below one of the masts.

Must I say that Hilary was still smiling as this was all happening? Hilary hadn't felt such warmth in a long time and as Nic pulled her onto his lap she flung her legs over to the side so that she'd be able to see him and the lake at the same time. Also she had this weird feeling with sitting straight on a lap, like she was back on Santa's knee at the mall or something. When he mentioned that she was once again more beautiful than the view she actually blushed a little out of embarrassment, but obviously a better one than falling to the ice mid kiss. He pointed out the boat where they were staying and Hilary looked over to it. "Wow , I can just imagine how great it would be to live so near this breathtaking beauty." She took a deep breath and then decided to see if the moment would go a baby step further. Softly she spoke removing her eyes from the boat and returning them to get lost in those of the boy across from her. "Nic, I have a secret to tell you... there's no one else I'd rather share this place with than you."

Nic felt a bit of a shiver after Hilary told him her secret. He smiled at her, then his hand rose up. He threaded it into her hair, pulling her face closer to him and kissing her fully on the lips. He lingered there a bit longer than he normally would, then pulled back. "I am glad you feel that way," he whispered softly.

Hilary felt that for once the moment was for sure being shared. When he smiled she felt it shock through her body like a light earthquake. When he kissed her once again, with his hand in her hair she felt the fullness, and returned the kiss with the same feeling. She got lost in the kiss not really noticing that it lingered or even that it really ended, everything was going so smooth. When they both pulled back for air a different smile snuck it's way onto her face. Rather than being a huge grin this smile was softer but somehow happier too.

As he spoke she turned her face slightly and laid her head down against his chest. She could feel his heartbeat and somehow found comfort in it. As she glanced out across the lake as the sun was beginning to set the only words that crossed her lips were, "Me too Nic, me too."

A while later, Nic decided it was time to get going back home. He stood, setting Hilary down on the ground in front of him and took her hand. "I think we need to get you back to the castle."

Shortly, they were at the castle doors. "I will meet you tomorrow after dinner in the Great Hall for another walk? Maybe a bit of sight seeing inside the castle?" He leaned forward and kissed the girl one more time before pulling back from her. "See you tomorrow!"

With that, he turned and began to walk back to the lake, turning once and waving before disappearing into the night.

Hilary found this a perfect end to a not so perfect day. As she sat with the Durm boy her worries about that morning and Bruin slipped away. When the time came for them to return back to reality Hilary took Nic's hand and allowed him to lead her back to the castle gallantly.

When they reached the doors Hilary felt just like a princess, where a boy dropped you off not on a door step of a cute little house but outside of a gorgeous castle. When he said he'd meet her after dinner she smiled and replied "Sounds great Nic, and thanks for a great day" they had a final kiss before she waved him back to the lake.

With that day firmly in her mind Hilary turned to quickly return to her dorm before curfew already dreaming of the days to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back