A walk on Halloween Night

Matthew Peterson

Matt walked along with Anna down to the grounds. The Sun was setting and the dark blanket of night was slowly creeping up. "Its really beautiful out here isn't it?" Matt stated as he looked into Annas dark eyes.

Annamarie followed Matt out of the castle onto the grounds. She had never really appreciated how nice it was. The only time she really went outside was for Herbology and Flying lessons. Annamarie turned looked at Matt. "It is nice. Thanks for asking me to come." she said sincerely.

Matt smiled, "You add to it.." he smiled widely uder his large beard. He decided to change the subject he didn't want to look like a total sap! "Hey Anna you know that girl Samantha? Whats up with her?" Matt said skipping from Annas side to were she was facing so he was walking backwards.

Annamarie smiled shyly at Matt's comment. She had to admit if felt weird being paid all these compliment and being given all this attention by a boy. This whole "crush" thing was new to her and she was nervous that she would mess it all up. "Oh...that girl we met in the common room? I have no clue what is up with her." she said remembering the girl she had met just the other day. "I feel sorry for her though." she added sighing.

"Yeah I dunno, she keeps fixing her hair all the time.." Matt nodded and looked up as the moon high in the sky. "Here, close your eyes." Matt said. "Tightly!" he laughed as she squinted through them. "Okay trust me..." he took her hand and lead her down the hill...

"hang on...wait..." he said letting go of her hand. "Okay open them!" he smiled as he pointed out to the lake. The moons reflection blazed down on the still water. Two swans swam along the darkened water way away from were they were standing so they just looked like white silohettes. He beamed at her.

Before Annamarie had time to respond, Matt told her to close her eyes. "What?" she began to protest trying to squint her eyes, but Matt insisted and she shut them tight. She could feel the warmth of Matt's hand as he grabbed hers. She could feel her heart skip a beat. After walking a ways he suddenly dropped her hand and the stopped walking. Annamarie's heart beat nervously against her chest. She slowly opened her eyes and saw the moon on the lake and the two swans. "That's beautiful!" she said breathlessly as she stared out in amazement. She turned and looked up at Matt and smiled. Man...he has a really great smile. she thought to herself.

Annamarie suddenly realized the slience that she had created. "Sooo...ummm..." she stuttered nervously.

Matt could sense the awkwardness. He covered it up by telling her about his guitar. "Hey I got my guitar sent over to me yesterday." he smiled. "Its really awesome I'll show you later if you want." his eyes twinkled in the moonlight.

"Well since I was a toddler" Matt grinned. "I got my first guitar when I was two. Do you play any instruments?" Matt asked.

"No not really." Annamarie said carefully sitting down on the ground. "I wish I did though. My grandmother was more concern with me interact with the muggle world." she explained.

"Oh right.." Matt said joining her on the grass. "Here you must be freezing." Matt said he was going to take of his red jacket but he knew it was too hard too. "Take my hat, wearing a hat keeps the heat in. Well so my gran said." he laughed, taking off his hat showing his brown hair.

"Oh thank you. Now my outfit is complete!" he laughed, mockingly fixing his hair on his head. "Now my friend your a christmas themed cat." he laughed then pulled the hat over her eyes.

"Hey!" Annamarie squealed as she flipped cap back up to her forehead. She looked up to the sky. "Look Orion's Belt." she said pointing up to the constellation. No matter where she was she could allows find Orion's Belt. It always reminded her of her family. Her dark eyes caught the light from the stars and sparkled.

Belle walked by down to the lake were she saw to figures, whom she recongnised as Matt and Anna. "Hey...What are you guys doing out here alone?" Belle smirked at Anna.

"Woah Anna go you..I didn't know you knew about stars." he said smiling as her eyes twinkiled in the moonlight. "Belle? One second Anna." Matt got up and dragged Belle away. Next thing Belle smiled and walked up back towards the castle. Matt returned "So where were we?"

Annamarie turned towards a voice coming from behind her. "Hey Belle!" she began. Before she could say anything else Matt had dragged her away. She watched them from her spot on the lawn with a confused look on her face. "I didn't know that you and Belle knew each other." she said.

"Oh yeah, see are mams are like friends, so I have seen her a couple times when they'd come over visiting." Matt said. "So how do you know about stars?"

"Ohh...well my grandma insisted that the join this muggle girls group called the Girl Scouts and they showed us some constellation and stuff like that. It was rather boring but Orion was always my favorite." Annamarie explained. "See look here" she said pointing to the stars. "See the three stars right there...they are almost in a striaght line. Yeah everytime I see it it reminds me of my family...get it three stars...three people."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back