A surprising letter home

Nina Patrokov

OOC First Name
Alexis
Wand
Yellowheart with a mix of satinwood and a core of pixie dust.
Nina walked to the Owlery to fill her parents in on the good news. When she got there she saw a letter adressed to her.

Nina Patrokov<i></i>

Nina looked at the letter oddly thinking it was some kind of joke, but opened it anyways. She opened it to the side incase it was Bubotuber pus, she knew someone at Hogwarts had, had that happen to them before. But after a few seconds she saw that it was just a piece of paper with her mother's hand writing. Nina took the paper out at once.

Dear Nina,

I am so proud that you got into the Triwizard Tournament as is your father. We love you very much. Darcy is doing well except for this fever he has, it is quite scary. But don't you worry I know you have a lot on your plate. Just remember school and saftey are the most important things (especially saftey).
Your father and I got you a birthday present that will show up in a few days, we had a lot of trouble finding it, because well it is a magic thing. Now listen to me giving you hints, you know I am so bad at keeping secrets, but I wont say anymore. And Darcy is infact showing us the same signs as you were when you were a baby so he might be a wizard, who knows. We got him a little training broom he is so sweet on it, he is surprisingly growing extreamly fast, his pediatrition thought he was 2 years old, it was surprising especially to your father, he is just a wreck but he sends his best and misses you tons. We all do.

I love you sweetie, write me back when you get this I want to know all about this Triwizard Tournament thing you have going on in New Zealand.

Love,

Mom.

As Nina finished this she began to panick, he baby brother looks like a two year old and has an aweful fever and her Dad is a wreck. Nina began to tear up unable to control her emotions she started to cry, just wishing she could be with someone she knew, her Mom, her Dad, Darcy or even Alex. Nina sat down leaning against a piller still crying.

Harri walked up to the owlery with the intention of writing to her uncle, after recieving the good news about her auntie being pregnant Harri had recieved worse news and had not written back alot to him, she felt extremly guilty especially as he had always been there for her, she put her foot on the last step but then stopped completly still as she heard crying, she remembered when she had found Ellie up here and her heart pounded faster and faster. Entering the owlery she saw someone sitting crying she slowly walked over to her, "Hey, are you okay?" she asked softly sitting down beside her.

Asher made her way up to the Owlry with a pocketful of mice. She had grown rather attatched to the owl that had been delivering the letters to and from Abbey. As she walked in she could hear a voice and what sounded like crying. Asher looked around and saw two girls sitting on the floor. Then she noticed that one of them was Nina and she was crying. "Nina...? What's wrong?" she asked compassionately and she knelt in front of her new friend.

Nina looked up at Asher, slightly disregarding the other girl and handed Asher the letter hoping she wouldn't laugh or think she was silly.
Dear Nina,

I am so proud that you got into the Triwizard Tournament as is your father. We love you very much. Darcy is doing well except for this fever he has, it is quite scary. But don't you worry I know you have a lot on your plate. Just remember school and saftey are the most important things (especially saftey).
Your father and I got you a birthday present that will show up in a few days, we had a lot of trouble finding it, because well it is a magic thing. Now listen to me giving you hints, you know I am so bad at keeping secrets, but I wont say anymore. And Darcy is infact showing us the same signs as you were when you were a baby so he might be a wizard, who knows. We got him a little training broom he is so sweet on it, he is surprisingly growing extreamly fast, his pediatrition thought he was 2 years old, it was surprising especially to your father, he is just a wreck but he sends his best and misses you tons. We all do.

I love you sweetie, write me back when you get this I want to know all about this Triwizard Tournament thing you have going on in New Zealand.

Love,

Mom.

Nina knew her Mom was watering this all down so she wouldn't get worried, she knew that Nina cared from her brother more than almost anything in the world. And she hadn't even met him yet. Nina wiped the tears and said, "It's Darcy." She frowned and looked down ashamed that she was here and not caring for her family.

Asher read Nina's letter and understood instantly. "Oh Nina!" she said softly. She reached out and took Nina into a comforting embrace. "Don't worry...everything will be fine. What you need to do is send them your love. That's what they need most. Your mom sounds very proud of you and she wouldn't have said the things she said if she had wanted you to be worried. Darcy will be ok...and I'm here to talk." Asher tightened her arms around Nina. She knew how worried she was, she was that worried about Abbey being away this year and Abbey was still healthy.

Nina frowned, she understood that Asher was trying to help but really she needed to see her Mom and Dad. Maybe I can ask professor Davis if I can go home, for a day because of a family emergancy. No, she will think that I don't appericiate being chosen as Champion which I do. Nina thought worridly. "Asher how is this possible he is only 4 months old, and he looks two years old. It is too fast!" Nina said quite concerned for Darcy.

Asher looked at Nina and mirrored her fear and saddness. "I don't know Nina...maybe he's a metamorphagi or something...We can go ask a professor what it could be if it would make you feel better..." Asher suggested.

Realising she wasn't really wanted Harri stood up and backed away "Right erm I'm going to go," she mumbled feeling foolish and backed away out of the owlery.

Nina looked up at the girl she was going to appologize but the words wouldn't come out. When the girl left Nina turned to Asher and said weakly, "Lets go see Professor Davis."

Asher nodded. "Ok." she said softly. Asher helped Nina up and linked her arm in hers.

Nina leaned her head on Asher's shoulder lightly for support.
And walked out of the castle with Asher with her letter in her hand, to find Professor Davis.

[Do you want to start the topic?]

Asher rubbed Nina's arm and wanted so much to comfort her more. She led her down to the tents to find Professor Davis.

[Sure!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back