Kiara Thompson

perfectionist • growing • princess of plants 🌿

Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Poplar Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Now that the weather was getting warmer and summer was right around the corner Kiara had happily grabbed the opportunity to accompany her pa to brightstone when it had presented herself. She didn't often volunteer to go with him when he went, let alone ask for it herself, but when he asked her she wasn't going to say no. Especially not when he had mentioned taking her to Honeyduke's when his appointment was over. One plus of the weather being so nice was that her pa had arranged to meet whoever he would be interviewing in the park, which meant she would be free to go where she wanted to within the boundaries of the park. Not that she would ever even consider leaving the park without permission anyways. She knew her oldest brother would do it without hesitation, do exactly what their dads told him not to do, but in her own mind the thought would be dismissed as soon as it popped up. Mostly because she didn't want to get into trouble, but even more so because she wasn't even sure what she would do. At least in the park she knew what to do and how to spend her time and in all honesty the swing sets looked like they promised a whole lot more fun than the possibility of wandering around the village whilst continuously feeling like she was letting her pa down. Kee watched as her pa seemed to have found the person he was meeting with, giving him a little wave before heading over to the swings. On her way there she made sure to pick a couple of flowers, enough to try and braid them into a crown or even a bracelet whilst still having some extra in case she made a mistake. Once she reached the swings she happily sat down on an empty one, casually swinging back and forth whilst her feet remained on the ground as she started trying to braid the flowers together.

It was that day when Tim had to take his dog to the vet and even tho he was scared of going to doctors, even to animal ones, it was his responsibility. The worst one out of all, even taking the trash out seemed way better than communicating with an unknown grown up man who is going to do something to his dog, but while his dog was at doctor, Tim got the permission to go out and spend some time on his own or with anybody he would meet. He surely had an hour, so he went to the nearest park. He came closer to the swings and saw a girl. Not like it was the first time that he saw a girl, so he simply smiled at her. "Hi, no problems if I join you?" Tim wanted to make sure, who knew, maybe that girl wasn't allowed to hang out with boys or maybe she simply wasn't into that and he just made her uncomfortable.

Kiara quite enjoyed calmly swinging back and forth like she was, completely focussed on the flowers in her hands in an attempt to not mess it up and waste them. It would be a shame if she had plucked them only to let them go to waste after all. She had decided to start small, managing to get the flowers to stick together as a bracelet. She wasn't exactly sure where she had first picked up on that, but she was sure it was something a lot of kids did. Especially since it didn't take a lot of skill. Letting the small band of flowers slip over her wrist she was about to see what she could do with the leftover ones when she heard someone speak. Looking up, Kiara noticed it had been a boy. She looked around for a second to see who he had been talking to when it hit her that he was looking at her. He was talking to her. Immediately feeling a little nervous when confronted with having to talk to someone she didn't know she softly shook her head in response. She didn't own the swing set so she didn't think she'd have any say in whether he wanted to sit on the swing next to her or not. It was nice of him to ask though and with that thought she focussed back on the few little flowers she had left, trying to decide what to do with them.

When Tim didn't hear girls full name, he tried to catch another stray to start a conversation. Flower bracelet on her hand and other ones in her lap, he thought that it was a win situation and hopefully looked around. He saw some cute white flowers and went to them. He didn't know the name of the flower, he didn't know almost nothing about plants, it wasn't for him, but he still plucked it off the best ones and went back to girl. He didn't understand that girl already didn't know what to do with flowers and he added only more problems with that. "That's for you," he softly smiled at her and handed them to her. Was it safe enough to finally start a conversation? He didn't know, but started anyways. "I'm Tim." when answer was visible, he sat on the swings, with or without flowers, that were right next to the girl, went with fingers through his hair and smiled again. "Do you live near or just happened to be here? I'm from Hamilton, but I'm here because my dog had to go through the vet check." he talked and hoped that he will hear her voice, not only see her nodding.

Kiara was still wondering what to do with the few little flowers left in her hand when she noticed the boy leave again. It seemed a bit weird for him to ask if she would mind him sitting on the swing next to her and then leave a moment after, but she wasn't one to judge. For a second she wished Elijah would've come along to the park as well. He would've probably come up with something to do with the flowers, his ideas were always far better than her own. She figured most people would just toss them back onto the grass but that would make her feel like she had picked them for nothing, wasted them for no reason. Kiara looked back up when the boy was suddenly back, offering her more of the same little flowers. "Oh. Thank you." She responded quietly, taking them from him as she wondered whether this would add to her problem or actually solve it. The few she had left over weren't enough to braid anything with, but now that she had more she might just be able to turn them into a necklace or something. "I'm Kiara." She smiled shyly at the boy, trying not to get too nervous about the situation. She had always been shy when talking to kids she didn't know but she also knew she wouldn't ever make any friends if she didn't. She shook her head when the boy, Tim, asked if she was from around the area. "Just here with my dad." Kiara answered, pointing in the general direction of where her dad was sitting. The mention of a dog got her a little excited though, and she curiously looked at him. "What kind of dog do you have?"

Tim smiled at her glad that she took flowers, it would be absolutely embarassing, if she turned him down even on simple flowers. "I like your name," he commented and grinned. He was totally trying to ignore the fact that Kiara was that shy, she was at least talking, it was good enough. He looked in the showed direction. "Oh," he nodded at the dads direction, he seemed familiar, but it surely was only his imagination. "I have japanese Akita Inu, his name is Milo. He is literally so friendly and playful until it comes down to teddy bears, he turns five months old today!" Tim proudly smiled, he was really excited about chance to talk about his dog. "Do you have any pet too? Except for Milo, we also have pygmy puff, alright, not we. My older brother. And dad promised my sister a half kneazle, but knowing her, that kneazle will be mine and my twins pet." he lightly laughed at that, Jules totally was really unresponsible.

Now that she had more of the little flowers in her hand Kiara started to mindlessly try and connect them into some sort of string again. She wasn't exactly sure what to make of it eventually but that would also depend on how long it would get. "Thanks." She responded to his compliment, focussing even more on the flowers as she felt the heat rise to her cheeks. Receiving compliments wasn't exactly one of her strong suits, especially not when they were for things she had absolutely no hand in. She hadn't picked her own name after all. Kiara smiled when Tim started talking about his dog and then continued to ramble on about his family and the other pets they had. It was something she herself did a lot too when she was around people she knew, people she was comfortable around, and it always amazed her how others could just talk about everything and anything with someone they didn't know. Then again, that sounded like the exact way to get to know someone. "We have a dog too, her name's Nani." She answered eventually when Tim had stopped talking, feeling like it would be rude to interrupt him. "My brother has an owl as well, he got it when he went to hogwarts." Kiara added, trying her best to think of something that would keep the conversation going or at least try. Mainly out of politeness, but also because she knew she needed to try. Especially since she'd be surrounded by kids she didn't know once she'd finally head off to school and she couldn't just keep to herself then either. "Do any of your siblings already go to hogwarts?"

Tim cheerfully smiled as she said thanks, They started conversation, right? It was at least something and it was something good, he surely needed acquaintances or friends at school, he couldn't stand the situation where he was without friends. He hated being alone. "Nani. How old is she?" he asked and started to lightly swing on his swings.. "Your brother is in Hogwarts? In which year and house?" Tim tilted his head in interest and smiled as he got question too. "My eldest brother Thomas already graduated and this year twins Julia and Remus started. Next year me and my twin sister Rogbina are starting school too. You are starting hogwarts next year, right?" Tim thought that Kiara looks same age as he.

Kiara needed a second to think about Tim's question regarding their dog untill she realized she didn't actually know how old Nani was. The dog had already been part of the family when she did, so she was at least five but she didn't get much further than that. "I'm not sure." She eventually answered, trying to make sure she would remember to ask her dad later on. Kiara nodded proudly when the boy asked her about her brother. "He's a Gryffindor, second year." She explained. So far it had always felt sort of cool to be able to tell other kids her brother was already at school, at the rare occasion that she actually talked to another kid she didn't already know yet that was. She listened when Tim started to talk about his own siblings. "You have two sets of twins in your family?" She asked curiously. It made her wonder what that would be like. To have a twin. Probably a lot of fun, although she figured it could also be a little.. busy from time to time. She only had two brothers and they could already be a handful from time to time, although that title mostly fell upon Zay and his antics. Kiara shook her head when Tim asked if she'd be going to hogwarts next year. "I'll be going in two years." She responded with a small smile. Even though the idea of heading off to school kind of scared her she was still keen to go. Especially when both of her brothers would be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back