A stranger from the past

Makato Scry

OOC First Name
Brandon
Wand
12" Elder wand with Dementor's tear core
Makato stood there in the middle of the street with a look of pure pleasure as he looked about the familiar village. It had been awhile since he last roamed the chaotic busy streets of brightstone and to his great relief it felt good to be back to the hustle and bustle of his old home. He still remembered his old friends and the fun times he had with them all at hogwarts. Now he only hoped to catch a glimpse of at least one of them, so that he was not wondering alone.

Sakura apparated not far from Honeydukes and instantly began walking out of the alleyway on to the main Brightstone street. It had been quite some time since she had last been here, the Triwizard tournament that had led to her being pulled from Hogwarts and home schooled. She wandered down the cobbled street looking about her, enjoying the heat after the cold frigid air of Bulgaria where she was now working as an apprentice to one of the top alchemists in the world. She still kept up her studies but only part time now, the work she did seemed much too important to her.

Walking across the street she managed somehow to drop her wand and swearing slightly bent to retrieve it only to collide with a boy as she stood up again.
"I am so sorry" she exclaimed, smiling at him and pocketing her wand once more.

Makato was lost in his own thoughts about old memories when he ran into a young lady who was bending over to pick up what looked like a wand. With grace he did not know he had he managed to remain rightside up and also to keep the young woman standing also, however he seemed to have his hands on the young womans arm and waist which he quickly let go of before standing straight .

"Are you okay Miss, I am so sorry I did not see you there!" Makato said with remorse.

Sakura felt his hands go to her waist and arm, knowing it was merely to steady her and to prevent her from falling did nothing for her composure. So steeped in her studies for so long, she had nearly forgotten what it felt like to simply be in the company of someone as young as herself. The alchemist she was training under was after all 108 years old and allowed no other person to enter his home and more importantly his potions rooms. It was with some degree of remorse that she watched his hands move from her, as he himself stood.
"That would be two of us not paying attention then" she could not help but smile, feeling also that this action had not been used in a while, Master Jarousek Radomira did not smile ever not even when a most time consuming potion had been brewed and was successful.

"I am Sakura, Sakura Gemini".

"Well Makato , Makato Black. It is nice to meet you Sakura." makato said as he held his hand out to formely meet the young woman. He had not had interaction very much do the simple fact that he was home schooled and that means no free time for himself. He had also been in Europe with his Uncle corvin and so he just did not go out very much he prefered to read and play the piano than to socialize.

"Nice to meet you Makato" she took the hand he offered and shook it gently.
"Are you from around here? I don't hear any particular accent so I can't tell" she smiled, pushing her hair back from her shoulder and looking down the cobbled road. Her own English accent was slightly peppered now from having to speak Bulgarian with her mentor, she wasn't fluent in the language or anything but she was getting there.

"Well I have a family all over the globe and so I really dont have an accent. I am living here for now but I stay with my other uncles from time to time." Makato said as he began to walk slowly hoping the girl would walk with him awhile.

Sakura didn't know why she did it but as he spoke and began to walk on, she simply fell into step beside him. As if they had been friends a while and it was somehow expected from her. She was in no rush to go anywhere, so if this young man didn't mind her walking along side him Sakura was quite content to simply enjoy the rare moment of social interaction. She felt starved of company, usually so outgoing and friendly, the past few months in the charge of the Bulgarian alchemist had taken its toll on her social skills. She seemed to be lacking in basic conversational technique and sighed as a result.

"I stayed here myself once, about two years ago now. The local magic school were hosting the Triwizard tournament at the time" she put her hands behind her back, her fingers clasped for something to do with them, "I am from England originally".

She couldn't for the life of her understand why she was giving him out information about herself that was trivial at best and not at all necessary for him to know but Sakura simply wanted to prolong the conversation.

Makato listen to the woman talk he was so glad that he had someone to talk to, all of his old friends would be in school at this time so there would be no one to hang out with.

"I was in England during the triwizard tournament, I heard it was good but I wish I could have been in the tournament." Makato said jealously he was a true slytherin and one day he was goning to be a great wizard, and waht better way to show off his skill then at one of the worlds biggest tournament.

"So what brought you to New Zealand now?" Makato asked out of curiosity.

Sakura smiled at him shaking her head slightly.
"Oh you didn't miss much really. I got taken out before the first trial even began, hyper protective parents but it would seem that this time their fears weren't completely unfounded. The headmistress of Hogwarts here in New Zealand was kidnapped. To be honest, I don't think I ever heard whether or not she was found" Sakura continued strolling along beside him, grateful for the company herself.

"I get homeschooled now and even that is only part time, I am an Alchemist in training. The man I am an apprentice too needed to come here for some huge conference with some potion makers guild and he would never think to leave me alone at his home. Not with all the things he is working on there. What about you? Shouldn't you be in school now as well?"
she had figured him to be about her own age but perhaps she was wrong.

"As for the headmistress I dont think I ever heard any news on her disappearance either" Makato shrugged as he thought about his next answer.

"I am home schooled also, that is simply because I travel to much to be in one place for an extened period of time. I have also began studing different types of magic with my uncles. I am mostly skill in defensive magic and I have been trying a few spells out myself to see what I can creat." Makato smiled.

Sakura had to admit she was impressed, not many their age would attempt to create their own spells but then again not many their age would have attempted their own potions either which she had been doing for quite some time now.
"Any luck with that then? creating your own spells that is" she turned smiling up at him, she always had admired intelligence above all else in a person and was somewhat glad to find it in this young man in trumps.
"Do you like being home schooled?"
she found she had so many questions now that she wanted to ask him but was afraid in case she was now simply taking up his precious time.

"Well I have been working on a rather difficult spell that will blind an oncoming attacker. It is hard because I have only been able to blind myself and I want the spell to blind the attacker and not the vicitm." Makato said as he played around with the spell in his head a little more but after not finding a solution he returned his thoughts to the young woman next to him.

"Homeschool is okay I rather like the learn at your own pace of it all but I miss the social atmosphere of school. I was hoping to see some of my old friends and I end up meeting a new one. How nice?"Makato smiled. "How do you like home school?" he added.

"Oh and dont be afriad to ask me anything, I have so many questions to ask you that I want to know everything about you."

Sakura was even more impressed by him and wondered why she had never met anyone like him before. Of course she knew that at school she had been surrounded mainly by the more sporty types who hadn't really talked much about anything academic.
"That sounds amazing, I'm sure you'll get there" for some reason she didn't doubt for a second that he would either, "I guess I'm pretty much on the fence. The laid back approach is nice but I always did prefer a classroom setting with others around me. I was never the bright spark out of the bunch unless it was to do with potions".

She pushed another strand of hair behind her ear that had fallen down as she walked. Stopping for a moment she glanced up and down the street, wondering how much farther they would walk. At this rate they could almost walk right up to Hogwarts itself as they talked. She could not help but blush a little as he declared the meeting of a new friend.
"A fortuitous meeting indeed then" she smiled turning her head away from him again, "Are you heading anywhere specific or would you like to go get a drink perhaps?"

It probably wasn't the question he was hoping for but if she wanted to get to know him better and she was certain at this point she did, then she knew that perhaps another venue was in order. Her stomach was telling her she was hungry anyhow.

"Well I guess I am a little hungry" Makato said as he strached the back of his head and smiled at the young woman.

" So what are you craving? I could eat about anything right now. As for my plans I have nothing really going on today I was going to just hang around the area but now I am talking with you I guess random wandering can wait. That is if you are free?" Makato added.

Sakura had the sudden compulsion to say she was simply craving his company but refrained from doing so only by sheer will power. Instead she turned her head in the direction of a few restaurants up the street but a smile played delicately on her features as she turned back to Makato.
"Hungry too I guess, now from past experience here I know that Puddifoots would be a no go area, which really only leaves The Three Broomsticks or the Hogs Head. I'm ok with either" she was ridiculously chuffed for some bizarre reason that he was forgoing his wandering in favour of her. Checking her watch to make sure she still had enough time to herself she sighed with relief.
"I'm free for the next two hours actually."

"Well since I have you for two more hours I would like to make the bestof that time. Let us go to the most quite of the two resturants I would love to talk to you and not have shout." Makato smiled as he wait Sakura to make the decision.

Sakura realised she was now blushing profusely, she didn't know this man from adam but the simplest of sentences from his mouth had her heart fluttering like an over excited humming bird. She glanced up the street where she knew The Three Broomsticks were but she knew it would be chaos there, their only real option then was The Hogs Head and she wondered briefly had it become more presentable of late.

Turning back to the tall blonde haired boy she offered him up another smile.
"The Hogs Head it is then" it would just be her luck that this day of all days would see it busy, wishing that luck was on her side and that she could spend some more alone time with Makato, Sakura began to walk in that direction.

[should we start a thread there?]

(o.c.c. yes would you like me to start or would you like to start?)

Tempted to reach out and take his hand Sakura just stopped herself in time, gathering her robes instead about her as something to keep them occupied she crossed the cobbled road to The Hogs Head.

LINK
(have set one up ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back