A Storm Is Brewing, In more ways than one

Ellie Sparks

Wand
Maple 12 3/4 Inches with Essence of Silver Thistle
It was a cold, windy day, and large black thunder clouds hung over the castle which was Hogwarts New Zealand.
Ellie clambered through the Portrait hole, in a pair of old jeans and and a blue baggy jumper she had flung on moments before, after getting out of her bed. She should have been up long ago, it was just after lunch time, but she had woken up that morning in a mood even worst than she had been in the day before! There wasn't much of a reason for her mood, there was nothing wrong with her, she was just totally and utterly fed up. Fed up of her life. She felt like nothing exciting ever happened to her, while other students had plently happen to them. She was simply bored and annoyed, drained of self-confidence and energy, not in her usual bubbly, friendly mood.
Her eyes dull, rid of their usual sparkle, she began to climb the stairs to the North Tower. She wanted to go there because any time she had been there before it had been empty, or mostly empty.
She'd always felt like the climb to the tower had taken hours, but today she barely noticed, she wasn't very observant.
Taking the last few steps two at a time, she arrived there and looked around herself, it was empty. Strolling over to the large window, she stared out at the dull grounds and pulled herself up onto the wide sill. Sliding her legs up under her chin, she placed her crossed arms on top of them and lay her head against the glass of the window. Suddenly, a roar of thunder came, not the loudest or the longest, but still a roll of thunder, the type which came near the start of a thunder storm. Ellie didn't flinch an inch.

Andrew was feeling too cold in the dungeons with such a thunder storm taking place. With the excited mood of a thunder storm Andrew decided to go and check out the lightning from the North Tower from where you could view the skies and the ground in the most beautiful view ever. Andrew also had his magical camera with him in case he found some amazing sites he could click a few photographs.

He reached the North tower in a just a few minutes, time just flew by when you are excited and happy. The wind and the storm could be heard as he approached to the North Tower. He was surprised to see someone sitting by the window sill. It was Ellie!

He walked to her as his eyes looked up at the beautiful dark sky. "Hey there" he said with a smile as he sat opposite to her on the window sill and looked down at the forbidden forest. Today, it seemed was something special with the great storm coming and then there was lightning. "Wow, amazing isn't it?"he asked not noticing Ellie's mood.

Ellie was so lost in her own thoughts that she didn't even notice Andrew until he was sitting right accross from her.
"Hi" she greeted him, her voice dry, not lifting her head from the window or looking in his direction. Suddenly there was a flash of lightning and Ellie looked up a little, it had startled her. "Yes, it's amazing" she replied, her voice full of sarcasm. Andrew seemed happy and excited, it irritated her, although she had no idea why. Probably because she was in such a downer. She didn't mean to be dry with him, it wasn't like she was doing it deliberately, but at the moment she couldn't manage anything more, the words which came out of her mouth seemed to change on there own accord.

Andrew did notice Ellie's tone was dry towards him. He wondered if something was wrong and if that was the reason of her sitting lonely this way. He drew his attention from the gorgeous night and looked at Ellie. "Is everything alright?"he asked with concern in his voice.

He wasn't sure but it seemed that something was wrong with Ellie because she was usually so cheerful and fun all the time and making out from her dry and cold reply he was definitely sure there was something up and as a friend he wanted to help Ellie to cheer up. "Didn't see you on Halloween, I thought you would be competing me with an Indian costume?"he said with a smile trying to cheer her up.

Ellie ignored Andrew's first question, not knowing quite how to answer it, but answered his second one, still staring out of the window. "I didn't go, I spent the night in the dungeons" she told him simply, her face solemn. At the last moment she had decided against attending the event and had changed out of the Tinkerbell costume she had decided to wear. She had spent the night in the cold Dungeons thinking mostly about her family, the mother she had lost and the dad she could no longer stand, along with her new step-mum who had caused her to move out of her home and live with her grandparents. Thinking about it all again definitely didn't do anything to cheer her up, it made her mood worst and slightly angered her. What she wouldn't do to have Lily out of her life.

It didn't look like Andrew was improving the situation for Ellie. He hoped she had done something fun and exciting in the dungeons like a prank, although he would have disliked that kind of things on normal basis but allowing Ellie to think and talk about something fun no matter if it was against the rules seemed like a thing Andrew would do at this moment. "Why did you change your mind. It would have been fun to see you at Halloween and have a butterbeer together" he said still hoping she would cheer up.

Another lightning strike the sky and it roared with thunder. Andrew hoped it would rain giving the great weather it's final touch. It would look so nice from the enchanted ceiling from the great hall.

"I couldn't be bothered, I wasn't up to facing a room full of noisy people" she told Andrew, she still hadn't took a look in his direction, she couldn't seem to make her head move, she didn't really want to, she felt quite comftorbale just sitting there with her head resting against the window, feeling sorry for herself. She hadn't in such a long time. The thing bothering her most was the fact that she hadn't spoken to her dad in months, the worst part was he hadn't even tried to contact her. Sighing, she scowled out of the window, she now knew the reason she was in such a mood. She wasn't only fed up with her life at school, she was fed up with her life at home too. She was pretty much going through a sulky teenaged mood swing, the whole thing with her dad hadn't really been bothering her until now, she was quite happy living with her grandparents!

(Okay, that's lame and makes no sense :wacko: I'm confusing myself :uberyawn: ! Sorry)

Andrew was sure something was wrong and that Ellie didn't want it to be shared with Andrew. But Andrew knew that if you shared your sorrows, your heart would lighten up. "It had been a fun night, with loads of candies and butterbeer" he said with a smile. "I missed you" he added grinning hoping something he said would cheer her mood.

"What did you do in the dungeons, not a cool place for a Gryffindor is it?"he asked her curiously wanting to know if whatever had caused this mood of Ellie had originated that night.

Ellie listened as Andrew told her that the night of Halloween had been brilliant, although he'd missed her. Her eyes lighetened a little at this and her lips even curved up a tiny little bit. But then he asked what she had been doing in the Dungeons, and had added that it wasn't a cool place for a Gryffindor. "What's that supposed to mean?" she asked, turning to face Andrew, lifting her eyebrows and staring at him angrily. "Gryffindor's are capable, probably even more capable of things than Slytherin's are, and were certainly not afraid of dungeons, infact I know a slytherin who was crying because she was so scared of the dungeons" she told him, remembering the time her, Kiera, Lexi, Caysi and Harri had went down to the dungeons. Lexi had been crying and had grabbed her hand. "I hate how people are like that, and I never thought you were one of them" she added, narrowing her eyes, "How people judge people based on their houses, and really, If you were judging me based on my house, I didn't think you'd say I was scared of the dundgeons. Gryffindors - Noble and Brave. Slytherins - Sly, and clearly stuck up, judge-mental idiots" she creamed the last bit. "The dugeons are nothing but a dark, cold, deep hallway" she explained, feeling anger flare up inside her as a large bolt of lightning lit the skye outside. She'd never been one to get angry too easily, and she't taken it a bit far, but she had already been irritated and Andrew had pushed a button she felt very strongly about.

"HEY!" he said as he stood up. He had just meant to say that the Gryffindor towers were so high so naturally they wouldn't love the cold and darkness of the dungeons. "I didn't mean anything like that" he said apologizing, for what he didn't know. However he losed his grip on his temper when Ellie said that Slytherins were idiots. "I never said anything or judged you basing on your house. I know why you are a Gryffindor brave as you might be" he said as anger filled him.

"I was just trying to make you happy by starting a conversation" he said his voice rising a bit. "If you want to stay in that sulky mood you have, I won't interrupt you" he said as he picked up his bag wanting to leave Ellie in her own state. But on a second thought he decided against it. "Ellie, why don't you just tell me?"he asked still a bit angry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back