Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Arc)
Wand
Ebony, Dragon heart-string, 9 1/2 inches
Kira was pleased with the store that Professor North had chosen for their field trip. She picked up the magazine Derek had chosen, flipping through it. "So, Derek," she began, glossing through the pages. "You're on the team with Sapphire, aren't you?" She looked up at him for a moment with a smile before looking back to the pages. "Do you know anything about fashion?" She questioned again, thinking back to the few times she had seen him. If she had to guess he tended to move towards comfortable clothes.

Derek had the magazine still in his hand but gave to Kira as they walked into the store. He looked at her, he didn’t know her all that well, only because of her relationship with Sapph. ”Yeah, I am,” he replied to the question giving a little smile and a nod. ”How do you know Sapph?” he asked curiously, he was sure he’d always seen them knowing each other but he’d never asked how, given that until just then he’d only ever been friends with Sapphire. He gave a little nervous chuckle. ”Will you stop being my muggle studies partner if I say nothing?” he joked lightly, ”But I do in fact know nothing,” he could admit that he’d pick out his own clothes but he was sure that that didn’t translate to him knowing fashion in the slightest.[/B]

Last edited by a moderator:
Kira shrugged at his question, examining the layout of the store before choosing a direction and beckoning him to follow. "Sapphire and I grew up near each other, but we didn't realize we knew each other until we started at school," She explained. She chuckled at his answer, shaking her head. "No, not at all, it gives me a chance to show off. My brother-in-law is a professional fashion blogger, his wife is the daughter of a major fashion designer, and my sister went to school to study fashion," she chuckled. "Alright, here we are," She stopped in front of a rack of clothes, starting to sift through the fabrics. "What size are you?"

Derek nodded as she spoke of how she’d grown up with Sapphire, but hadn’t realised that either was magic, ”Must’ve been a bit of a shock to the system to spot someone you knew here,” he couldn’t be certain of if Kira had been raised in a muggle or magical community but he had to think it was still a bit of a surprise regardless. He listened as she said it gave her a chance to show off, and certainly with all of that, he was sure she had to be good at it too. ”Wow, and here I thought my step-dad’s candle making business was cool,” he joked with her. He followed her to a rack of clothing and looked at it, at the question he gave a little chuckle and nervously scratched the back of his neck. ”Tall?” he said, he wouldn’t admit it, but his mum still bought most of his clothes, or he just estimated if they fit and someone else changed their size to fit better. ”Medium?”

-godmod approved-

Kira chuckled. "Nah, we didn't actually realize we knew each other until she popped in at the inn for some sewing lessons my sister was offering to the local kids," She scanned through the racks, finding a few items of clothing that might work. She kept listening to Derek as he spoke. "Oh, a candle-making business? That's pretty cool. Does he need a new client? Tyra has been thinking of finding some new candles to offer customers. Our last supplier had some pretty bland wares." She shrugged.

She turned to look at him, eyes narrowed as he answered her question. "What you're wearing now, does it fit you well?" She asked, and when he nodded she spun him, pulling the tag from the back of his shirt and rolling the hem of his jeans just enough to peek at the tag there. She turned again when she was done, grabbing three or four different pants to offer him. "Try these."

Derek nodded as Kira went into a little more detail about her and Sapphire, ”Interesting,” he said, he wouldn’t have ever imagine Sapphire as the type to want to learn to sew but he also could admit perhaps he didn’t know her as well as he thought he did. Derek laughed lightly, ”He always is, I’ll pass on his details,” Derek though his step-father would find it hilarious that he was making connections for his step father while in muggle studies. While shopping at a store for muggle studies. He looked at his own clothes and nodded, ”Yeah they do,” he said before he knew it she was looking at the sizes on his shirt. He just stood still and let her do that. Before watching as she picked up several items of clothes and told him to try them on. ”Okay,” he glanced about and spotted a changing room and began walking towards it. ”Is fashion something you want to do after school?” he asked Kira as they headed towards the changing rooms. Only stopping briefly as a t-shirt took his fancy.

Kira nodded, knowing her sister would both be thankful for the information and scold her for working while she was at school. Kira didn't mind so much. She made her way to the changing room with Derek, snagging a few shirts along the way. She spotted him looking at a shirt, but smacked his hand. "No, that would look horrid on you," She scolded, grabbing a similar but different one from nearby. "You can have this one, come on," She continued on her way. "Nah, I'm going to take a year to travel and then study to be a muggle doctor," She told him."What about you?"

Derek frowned as she said it would look terrible on him. ”I’ll have you know my mother says everything looks great on me,” he retorted but he let her pick something that admittedly did look a whole lot better than what he had picked out, while still being close enough that he liked it. Derek took it and continued towards the changing rooms as she had. He nodded along as she said what she was going to do after school. ”Wow, a muggle doctor? That’s impressive,” he said, ”Will you stay in New Zealand?” he had heard some other people talking about leaving but he wasn’t sure she would. ”I haven’t....ehhh decided yet,” he admitted with a little shrug. He knew he was running low on time, but he wasn’t too fussed about it. ”I imagine you want me to show you the outfits as we go?” he said holding the clothes up.

Kira giggled. "She's your mother. Mothers aren't allowed to tell you you look terrible," She teased. She shrugged when he asked if she would stay in New Zealand. "I haven't decided," she told him honestly. "Studying is as far as I had planned, I'll have to see where I am in life, and if Arcturus and I are still together," she nodded to herself. "Well, you don't have to have a solid plan. Sometimes half the fun is finding out what you like." She smiled brightly at him. "Of course I want to see. Off with you," She shooed him away with her hand.

Derek laughed lightly as she teased him but of course he knew that was probably true, his mother was probably kind to him because of the fact she was his mother. He thought it would be a bit of a pity for New Zealand to lose Kira, but he didn’t want to tell her to not bother moving, if moving was right for her, it wasn’t like they were deep life long friends where he could, ”I hope you stay in New Zealand,” he did however say since he knew it would be fun to have her around as a possible friend. Derek took the clothes from her and went to the changing room. He made quick work of changing into the first outfit and then walked out of the changing room, ”How does it look?” he said walking towards Kira, doing a little twirl as he went.

Kira chuckled at his comment. "Hey, even if I don't I'll still visit often, I have a lot of family in Arrowtown, you know," She smiled. She waited patiently for him to come out, smiling as he spun for her. "The color really compliments your skin, I like it," She looked over the outfit. "The cut of the jeans looks good on you; do you like the outfit?" She asked, taking one of the pants from her selection and setting it aside, deciding not to go with the different cut if he liked the one he had.

Derek shook his head, ”I didn’t know that, but I do now!” the slytherin said, but he was pleased she did have family in the area, it would make it a whole lot easier to keep in touch with her following school, he knew that this was the first time they were hanging out properly, but oddly enough it felt easy and good in a way most of his friends hadn’t. He looked at the outfit he was wearing in the mirror and then back at her, ”I do like it,” he said, ”Does that mean we can ignore the rest of the clothes and we can just take the first one?” He had to think that wouldn’t be the case but it was fun to joke, ”How much time do we have left?” he knew they could take too long on it, the professor had set a time limit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back