A relaxed evening

Andrew Bruke

Andrew walked to the lawn and than to the lakefront.The sun was shining dimly through the clouds and the atmosphere was great.He sat down by a tree and gathered some stones and started throwing them into the lake one by one and enjoyed the rippels each made.The small stones went far out and made small rippels while the larger stones made bigger rippels nearer to the surface.

The giant squid came out for a bit, maybe to take in some air and than went back to the bottom of the lake.Andrew felt like swimming but his last swimming accident had been very good to teach him a lesson that swimming wasn't one of his things.

The castle had felt strangely suffocating, so Taylor decided a trip outside would be soothing. Walking down to the lake, which was becoming one of her favourite places, she breathed in the cool air that surrounded her. She heard splashes and followed the sound to a boy sitting by a tree, throwing stones into the lake. She walked up behind him and picked up her own rock, before skimming it along the surface.

Andrew looked at a rock and the rippels it made, it was good! But he wasn't the one who had throwed it.He turned his head to see a Gryffindor girl, first year obviously."Hey, that was a good one"he said with a smile."Wanna join me? I am Andrew"

Taylor smirked as the boy turned around. "Thanks." She said as she took a seat beside him. "Im Taylor, nice to meet you." She said as she picked up another stone and skimmed it, but not as much success as last time.

"So do you think HNZ is cool? And the people here?"he asked her with another smile as he threw another rock into the water."Where do you come from? I lived in England before I joined Hogwarts now I live with my god mother Mallory"he informed Taylor.

"Yeah its quite good, i still think it might take longer for me to fit in here though." She frowned slighty as she throw another rock. "I was from england, but moved to Australia when i was young. Ive been staying with my cousin who lives in New Zealand while im attending here." She gave him a smile. "Mallory? As in the shop owner, you work there dont you. I just started" She said somewhat absently. "What house are you in? If you dont mind me asking all these questions." She laughed.

"Yeah Mallory Malkin, she is my godmother, my mom's best and only friend.My mom told her to take care of me once I enter Hogwarts and before there she kept at eye on me in my orphanage without my knowing."he informed her."I dont know the reason to why they kept it from me that I was a wizard but I am too coward to ask Mallory."he explained

"Wow! you are hired thats cool.I used to complain to her to give some more assistants as the shop is usually crowded.And me and Violet cant manage it all.So is it you only or did she hire someone else?"he asked her."I am in Slytherin like my mom and her family.I live in Australia but I dont know the location of the manor as it is very magical and ancient so its hidden"he explained."What do your parents do? Do they live with you, here in NewZealand or its you and your cousin and her family?"he asked her happy to talk.He hadn't chatted this way in ages.

Taylor listened intently to Andrews story. "Wow, its cool that Mallory is your godmother. You should ask her one day, im sure she wouldnt hesitate to answer." She smiled.

Taylor nodded. "Yeah i noticed when i went to buy my work robes how busy you guys are. Then i saw the now hiring sign, so thought id go for it." She let another smile reach her face. "She hired one other girl, Toni. She's a first year Slytherin." Thinking to her meetings with Toni and how they were filled with some dislike, but settled down once they had the first fight. Taylor was shocked to here the boy was in Slytherin. "You dont seem very Slytherin," She giggled. "My parents are divorced, my Dad no longer works, he's a pureblood and my Mum is a housewife, she stays home and looks after my younger sister, while my stepdad works for a wizarding constuction place. I dont really know much about it. No they both live in Australia. Im just with my cousin and his family." She corrected him with a smile. It felt good to talk. She had had very quick and not detailed chats with others, but never gone into detail, she felt pretty comfortable with Andrew.

"Toni?"he asked trying to remember, than finally after wrecking his brain he remembered her."I know her, she is Beau's friend, well never mind."he said realising that Taylor would not know Beau.

"Oh! I am sorry about your parents"he said apollogically."What age where you than? It must have been hard.I get so sad when I hear stuff like this"he said thinking about his muggle father."Wow you have a guy cousin, will he come to Hogwarts?"he asked Taylor.

"You mean Beau the first year Slytherin Beau? I know him." She laughed. "I know quite a few people actually."

"Its really not that bad, they didnt get along, but they are still really good friends now." She really wouldnt have her parents divorce work out any other way, if it had to be done, they managed to make it work for the kids. "I get to see them both equally. I was i think 6?" She really couldnt remember how old she was, she thought it didnt really matter. "It was tough at first, but it wasnt too bad for us."

"My cousin isnt a wizard, so he wont come to Hogwarts, my other girl cousin goes here though. First year Ravenclaw." She said thinking of Bella. "Do you have any siblings or are you an only child?"

"Cool to have cousins isnt it, like a whole bunch of similar age people.No I am the only one as my dad left my mom to die, I might have step brothers or sisters but I dont know and I dont care about that bloody muggle"he said think of his foolish dad.Andrew hoped he wouldnt meet him any dad or it would be his last day.

"So what are your pass time favourites, I like Qudditch, Reading and Mountain Climbing.Unfotunately we havent got mountainclimbing clubs."he said with a grim on his face.He remembered his fun mugle days when all the scouts went to climb mountains.

"Yeah it is." Taylor said nodding, with a smile. Taylor listened as Andrew talked about his Mum and Dad, she stayed silent, not really sure what to say. Knowing she probably didnt need to say anything.

"I love reading and i used to go horse riding when i was in Australia, Quidditch is good, but i havnt had much of a chance to play." She said thinking about her mother not liking her playing Quidditch, no matter how much she wanted to.

"You know you should try it, you might even get selected.Some people have it in them from starting, they dont disover it unless they try."he explained."Maybe we could play a bit someday"he said to her with a smile."So did you make any friends here at Hogwarts?"he asked Taylor.

"That is true." Taylor reasoned. "Yeah we should definatly play, i would like that." Taylor said, gazing out over the lake. "I have made a few." She said honestly. Not a great amount and not many that she was very close to, but she had people she could call friends. "How have you enjoyed Hogwarts through your years?" She gave Andrew a smile, tearing her eyes away from the beautiful veiw of the lake.

"My years at Hogwarts have been great.You know when I was a first year, I never used to talk to anyone used to stay with my books for entirely the whole day.I used to be a nerd."he said laughing as he remembered his first year."But than slowly Hogwarts, friends changed me and here I am, somehow no very careless about my grades."he explained."I changed much more since I met Zuka, you know her?"he asked Taylor.

Taylor nodded her understanding. Thinking back to her primary school, she didnt have many friends. Everyone thought she was weird, because she couldnt tell them why she made strange things happen. Her parents had made her promise not to admit her powers to anyone. So she remained with little friends. She shook her head when Andrew asked if she had met Zuka. "Im afraid i dont."

"Well, you'll soon get to know everyone and enjoy here more than you ever have."he said smiling at Taylor."What do you like to eat? I like anything except for fish."he said to Taylor.He was feeling pretty hungry at the moment.

Taylor smiled in consideration, she knew Andrew was right. "Im pretty fussy, i dont like seafood, i think the only seafood i can eat is fish, but it cant be freshly caught. Anything that has just been alive or looks like it i cant eat." She laughed.

"How different of us."he said as he laughed."So whom are you going to the ball with?"he asked taylor hoping that she was attending the ball.She would surely get ball dresses at cheaper rates as she worked at the store.

Taylor chuckled lightly. "Im going with with a friend, Aeon Summers?" She said the name in somewhat of a question, to see if Andrew knew him. "My Mums sending me over a dress so i wont have to buy one, although i have seen some really nice ones at the shop." She said. "How about you? Going to the ball?" She smiled.

"Is he a hufflepuff, I think I might know him."he said trying to use the memory he had."Yeah I am going to with Zazuka. You know her?"he asked Taylor.Most of the people knew Zuka but he wasnt sure if the first years did.

Taylor shook her head. "Nah, he's a Gryffindor." She said. "No i dont know her." She said, not remembering ever meeting her. Taylor looked at the sky and let out a yawn. "Its been great chatting with you, but i need to get going. I hope to see you around soon, if not at work." She grinned, getting up and absently brushing herself off. "Thanks for the chat." She said meaning it, she felt refreshed after the talk with Andrew, he was a nice guy. "Cya." She grinned with a wave, before heading off to the castle.

"Bye, we'll surely see each other.I will owl you when I want to meet you.Take care"he said waving at Taylor as he walked in the opposite direction to hers.It was good to know his fellow co-worker.

END OF RP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back