A Ravenclaw alone

Shalamar Ovanisse

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
10 3/4 maple with core of unicorn hair
Shalamar walked quietly down to the dungeons, usually she was only here for potions class and that was it so she knew if she wasn't careful she would get turned around and very fast. Her gentle footsteps still managed to echo lightly about the dungeon cavern as she looked in earnest for what would look like the portrait covering the Slytherin house but nothing really jumped out at her.

It felt like ages that she had been walking up and down corridors, her wand held out for the darker areas to light her way. She had come down with one specific duty in mind and that was to thank Henric for the extra engraving he had put on her broom.
Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand
She had only seen it properly when she had removed the broom from its case back at her home, running her fingers along the broom that he had touched when she had noticed the other indentations at the other side.

There had been something about those words that had stayed with her and now that she was back at the school, she had only one thought and that was to thank him.

The Viaduct was the easier way to go down at the dungeons and she loves going at the viaduct. Taking the stupid moving stairs isn't her type, the stairs once change its route and made her lost. This time taking it won't hurt her and the spiral staircase isn't moving this time, her heels making her clothes, clunk in the stone ground.

Not seeing where she go, Lexi bump into someone and her stumble backward. "Hey, you. Watch where you go." She told the person who bump her, Well its her fault anyway but she can change it. Standing up, she looked up to see a girl a little younger than her. I never saw her before She said to herself, "Do i know you." Lexi pointed her pointer finger into the girls chest.

Shalamar didn't have time to prevent the girl from colliding with her, it was just as much her fault. She had been so busy looking about for signs of Henric that she hadn't been looking infront of herself. The girls finger jabbed into her and Shalamar winced.

"Ouch... I am sorry. I was not paying attention" she bowed her head slightly hoping her apology would curb the girls temper, "I do not think you know me. I do not know you".

But Shalamar had seen her around the school alot.

Putting her hands down, she spoke. "You should be and wondering in the dungeons isn't nice either." Lexi crossed her arms raising one eyebrow while looking at the girl from head to toe. "Well, if you don't know me, then I'll introduce my self ... I'm Lexi Rodriguez. Straight to the point, I love tormenting people that wasn't on my own house." She walked around her slowly and continue to spoke, "Like you, I think your not from Slytherin .. As I don't see you on the common room." Lexi stopped in front of the girl again.

"I do not mean to be wondering but I wanted to speak with someone, of your house" she told the girl keeping her voice calm and neutral. It's soft quiet tones still managed to echo around her.

"It is nice to meet you Lexi Rodriquez, I am Shalamar Ovanisse. I do not torment anyone and I am of Ravenclaw house" she saw no reason to lie to the girl at all and though Lexi appeared rude and aggressive Shalamar had no reason yet to fear her.

"Speak. Someone. On. My. House?" She asked, Who could that be? Lexi asked herself. But she shrugged it off and pursed her lips. When the girl introduce her as Shalamar Ovanisse, Lexi's mind was saying that she's from Asia. "Nice name ... Its ... Unique. Your not even terrified of me." She chuckled nervously, Well, everyone she tormented didn't talked to her again. "May i asked who do you want to speak to ... In my house?" Lexi asked, calm as the girl was pissing her off with Shalamar's sweet voice.

So far the girl seemed to be relatively calm but Shalamar didn't know how long that could last for, she seemed utterly unpredictable.

"I wanted to speak with Henric Lee. Do you know him?" she would find it very strange indeed if the girl did not. Shalamar simply presumed everyone knew him and had begun wishing to be part of the most hateful house in the school because of him.
"I have taken up much of your time now, I will continue on" she smiled attempting to move past the older girl to continue her search. Of course she could always ask this girl where the Slytherin house was, so she could wait there. She stopped and looked at her for a moment, hoping she did not incite the girls temper.

"Where is your house?"

"Of course i know him." She mumble, the boy who live or the boy who will perish the universe. As Shalamar said she will go along, Lexi groaned, "About time." The Ravenclaw girl walked past her, Lexi then walked on to the Slytherin common room to take a grateful of relaxation. When Shalamar called out to her asking if where is their House, Lexi stop walking and turned again. "Its ... at the end of this hall ... Why?"

Shalamar looked a bit puzzled, hadn't she just made it clear why she wanted to know where the Slytherin house was? She sighed with exasperation, something which was alien to her.
"I want... to.. know.. because... I .. wish ..to ... speak... with ... Henric" she uttered each word as if she were now talking to a really slow child. Shalamar had only lately found she was becoming exasperated with everything in her life, from her family to her lack of friends, to her life and to school. There had to be a way out and she was almost certain that by the time the next Brightstone weekend arrived she would have thought up some kind of escape.

"Oh. Okay."

The voice casually wafted out from the darkness of the dungeons; the pale boy seemed to materialise from the dimly-lit walls, as he walked noiselessly across the cold floor towards the two girls. His cloak slithering upon the ground as it trailed behind him, it seemed for all the world to resemble a serpent. Gray orbs calmly watched the area around his body at all times, though betrayed no tension. Henric Lee halted directly before Shalamar and Lexi, folding his arms casually and smiling at them - his usual charming smile that befuddled nearly everyone he came into contact with. "What did you want to speak with me about?"

Shalamar heard the words and spun around almost as if time had reverted to a crawl and she was now moving in slow motion. There he was and she could do nothing but stand and stare at him. He walked to where the two of them stood and still all she could do was look at him as if riveted. As if he had better things to do with his time he asked her what she wanted to speak with him about and flustered she looked first at the older girl before looking back at him.

Did it really matter whether this rude Slytherin girl were here too? Obviously not, not to him any how. She fumbled to find the right words, knowing that she had them only moments earlier and now with his standing there she had all but lost reason.

"I wanted to thank you" she bowed her head slightly and reverted to Chinese. It was rude of her of course and she did not condone her behavior in excluding the older girl but for just a moment she wanted to feel as if she were speaking with him alone.

"For what you inscribed yourself on to the broom, my broom. Thank you" that was it, that had been everything she had wanted to say and now that she had she felt utterly foolish.

She bowed her head again and turned to walk away.

Hoshi was coming back from where ever she was haunting these days. She put the fan that was in her hand as if to stop the Ravenclaw that was coming her way. She looked her up and down in what seemed recognition then looked behind her at the people behind her. "Pretty, you've done worse Lee-San." She said in a tone that was nether friendly nor mean.

[continued later]

The pale Slytherin boy tilted his head, his darkly handsome features marred by a wry smile displayed across his lips. "She's not a toy." Henric commented, folding his arms as his cold gray orbs seemed to flash like a tempest storm. Turning towards Shalamar, he nodded impassively with a light wave of his hand. "Mei wen ti." Henric replied in Chinese, "Neng gou ban zhu ni, shi wo de rong xing."

Turning and striding past Hoshi, he murmured under his breath in Japanese, "Watashi wa ... yada, moshi watasitachi no michi ga onaji de nakayoshi ni naru michi nara ... Nani ga okkotte mo, nakayoshi ni narunodakara、imamade doori nakayoku hanashimashuyou, Koshiba-san." Raising his head and smiling at Shalamar with his usual facade of perfection, Henric said in a gentle voice, "Is a 'Thank you' all you're going to give me? At least buy me a drink as thanks." Striding past the girls, Henric waved airily at Shalamar as he disappeared into the gloom of the dungeons. "See you on Saturday, the mall."

Shalamar took only a few steps before her way was barred by Hoshi, she knew the girl from the very first train ride but they had nothing more to do with one another since then. This had been a shame really as Shalamar had liked the girl. Wondering now why she stopped her, Shalamar could only close her eyes in embarrassment as Hoshi spoke.

Opening them again as Henric turned to her, he spoke as well in their own language and she felt the tugging once again of her heart.Not catching what he had said to Hoshi, she did not care as his voice very gentle spoke again to her before walking away. He wanted to meet her outside of the school, at the new mall. She could not stop the smile that spread across her face and lit her up from within but it was short lived as she remembered what her family had in store for her. Meeting a boy inside or outside of the school alone was forbidden now, would she dare to defy her family?

As she watched him walk away, Shalamar knew without a doubt that she would.

Lexi turned as she heard a familiar voice at her back and saw what Shalamar is looking for, she sigh and rolled her eyes as the two spoke. Looking at her nails and the two ended there talked, Lexi walked towards the Slytherin common room. All were fine when Hoshi came, and Henric blabber on Chinese that she couldn't understand as she just knows a little part of it. "Okay, guys. No fighting in the dungeons." She told the two as she waited as Henric got away from Hoshi.

Hoshi rolled her eyes appering to deny she had ever had any feelings for the boy at all. "Of course" was what she responded in Japanese. "I'll believe your not playing with her when I see it Lee-San. The nature of man is not so easyly changed. She continued then walked on she smiled warmly at Lexi in greeting and good bye as she made her way back into the Slytherin Commonroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back