A Raven to the flock

Epiphany Bones

OOC First Name
Ana
Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
Epiphany was looking at the trophies. There was something about them that drew her. She wondered if it was all gold. She had looked up her sister Zazuka in year books passed and now she looked at the honers that had been handed out. The trophies for best Halloween costume made her eyes roll. She had entered no doubt about that but she hadn't really tried to get any kind of prize from it. Not that it mattered much anyway. She did want a chance to help win the house cup though. She wanted to play Quidditch for her house but then again there where more than enough players and she was doubting that they even wanted someone like her on the team. She wanted to be Beater but she was a shade to brutal for that. She would try out for Keeper the year that came up. Epiphany was already planning for the year ahead even though the year was only half over. This year was in the bag. Two 'O's already and two more classed for her see what she got. Epiphany really didn't give two cares if she did well in flying lessons but did hope that she got a good enough grade that she was able to play on the team.

Zazuka had been prefect then Head Girl but had gotten no honers. Epiphany wanted her school career to be glowing as it very well should be and that meant tolerating the fact that she could not act knew more than her age or that she could pick it up almost at one glance. Most of that came from Epiphany always on high alert, taking in everything and anything that could be useful to her. Epiphany always needed to have all the ways, she needed to know all the angles and she always, always needed a way out. Epiphany slid her pitch black eyes from one case to the other taking in the details of the other trophies. She was waiting for school to end but she did hope that this day at the very least turned out to be interesting.

Deme was not the best student the universe had ever made, in fact, he was far from it. A P, was what he got so far, and he was expecting more considering his total lack of appriciation for knowledge, it was his first year, he was eleven. He was not thinking about study just yet, though... maybe after his adoptive parents find out he'll change his ways, maybe. He knew that she would be disappointed in him, but no where near as much as he was of them, sometimes he questioned their motives of adopting him in the first place, they never had the time, Jet, Fayt and Gabby would absorb all the attention humanly possible, so he just chose to give up and sit away from them most nights. But now that he was here, with his two older adoptive siblings, he felt even more alone, it was Taylor that was keeping him remotely interested in school, but even she was busy from time to time and couldn't be with him always, not that he expected her to stay super-glued to his side, he usually liked being alone with his thoughts, and hated people constantly talking to him when he was trying to think about something he considered worth thinking about. Deme frowned slightly, he wasn't even sure why he was in Ravenclaw, sure, he had very dark blue hair, almost black, but he dyed it that way and doubted that that was what got him into the house of supposed brainiacs, Deme didn't think himself particularly smart at all, more quiet, and sure, maybe he was a little smart and calculating when he needed, or wanted to be, but surely not enough to be considered into this blue house?

Deme looked around the Third floor and noticed that he was near the Trophy room, he remembered his first day, he went running around hte outside fo the castle, finding his way in the Forbiddon forst with a Professor, and on the cliffs with a boy that wasn't sure whether Deme was male or female, but Deme over looked that awkward moment and carried on. There was nothing wrong with being mistaken occasionally for a girl, was there? Unless it happened every second fo the day, if that happened, Deme would probably hit something and scream. He looked around the trophies curiously, how great it must be to be immortalised in something like this, it would really be something to tell your family one day. He was going to looked at every single one of them, but stopped when he saw a girl in here too. The Ravenclaw first year looked at her for several seconds, deciding whether to speak, or ignore her existence, because she might not want to be disturbed, and Deme respected that. But she seemed nice enough. He pulled slightly on his robes as he walked over to her, a small smile on his pale face. "Hello." He said quietly, noting the echo that the room held. "Vhat are you doing here?" He asked politely, his accent lacing his words heavily.

Epiphany was loving some of the time alone. It was a time when she didn't have to keep up her cute little girl mask. Sometime she wished she could show some more of her true self to the world but if she did she would most likely have no friends. She needed to hide and smiled so that she could gather people to help her in her quest for greatness. Her thoughts where interrupted when a boy went in and greeted her. "Hello" She said somewhat icily before she turned round and saw exactly who was there. A Ravenclaw, she had wanted to be a Ravenclaw when she got to Hogwarts but she had ended up in Slytherin. At least the hat hadn't said that she was half Hufflepuff, that would have been a disgrace for her. The boy standing in front of her looked like he could be useful to her though maybe a bit out of his mind. She decided that she was going to talk to him anyway.

"Sorry I thought you where someone that I didn't want to talk to let me try that again. Hello there. I'm just here looking to see if my sister was mentioned anywhere. She was at Hogwarts a little while ago." She said her voice now warm and sweet. Her eyes regained the sparkle that she put in them in order to fool people into thinking that she was the average eleven year old girl. She wasn't she was far from it. What she was though even she didn't know. Epiphany saw herself genius and nothing more. "What brings you here?" She asked again very sweetly though not the ultra sugar that she used to use. She found that that had been a tiny bit too much for most people who met her.

Deme waited patiently for her reply, but he was taking slightly by suprise, when he had been taken in by the Aurelious family, they had told him that if he was polite to others, they would be polite to him, and even though the girl appeared to be nice and polite, how she reacted to his presence was anything but. He swallowed the lump in his throat that grew from his annoyance with the treatment he had just received by this stranger, Deme looked the girl dead in the eyes, his face very skeptical, his eyebrow raised in question. All he said was 'hello', a supposed English greeting, and then she replied with such... attitude, it confused him, and he found it quite annoying. He hated being treated in such a way, and it probably showed in his brown eyes, his eyes tended to give away most of his feelings because he never bothered to hide them. But instead of voicing his annoyance, he closed it in and went to leave, but when she apologised, he stopped, and returned his attention back to her, atleast she was willing to apologise to him and explain herself, rather than go on being rude to him, otherwise he might have been forced to replicate her past behaviour, and he didn't want to do that, not today. He then decided that the least he could do was accept her apology verbally. "I suppose it's alright." He answered, with a small nod of his head.

Deme listened quietly as the girl continued to speak to him, it would be rude to ignore her, especially since he'd replied to her earlier. Apparently the girl had a sister that went to Hogwarts, Deme had two siblings attending Hogwarts New Zealand, but to his knowledge, they were not doing anything particularly important, he had actually not run into them at all since attending here. At home he kept his distance from them, but at school he was hoping to be more social with them, but he hadn't been able t find them. He didn't want to find Fayt, not if he was near the Slytheirn Common room, since there were aparently a lot of snake depictions down there, and since Deme was Ophidiophobic, meaning that he could hardly bare thinking about snakes. But Gabby should have been easier to find, she was rather sociable afterall, but all of Deme's attempts were in vain. He soon gave up and decided to make his own friends. "Vhat house was she in?" He asked, running his hand through his dark blue hair. He was amazed about how different her voice was now though, but he kept his thoughts to himself. He thought his answer through, he really didn't have a reason to be here, he just was because he was curious about what was here and wanted to get a good look at the trophies. It was better than studying. "I don't really have a reason to be here. I was just thinking about things... and here I am." He explained with a small shrug.

Epiphany was ready to trade insults with this boy if he didn't accept her apology. She didn't like to do it because she had the image of a kind sweet girl that she had to protect but she was not about to be held risponsible for her rudeness whenever she did become ill tempered which was not often. Living with Luthor Silverback made her skin thicker than diamond. There was the added fact that Epiphany had no since of real emotion was and that was why her temperament seemed exaggerated at times. "I am truly sorry. I'm usually not so rude if you stop and talk to me a little bit I can prove it. We can start with this" She said and extended her hand to him. "Hi my name is Epiphany Bones." She said with a sugary sweet smile on her face. She wanted to get to know whit Ravenclaw. He seemed proper but with a bit of a twist to him. She wanted to know if there was much more than a curios twist to him. If there was he would make a lovely addition to her collection which she had admit was getting rather big. Despite the set back that was RHI Epiphany had kept face.

"Ravenclaw. I wanted to be a Ravenclaw too but the hat saw that my talents where better suited for Slytherin. Ether way it's not that big of a deal. I probably had my family transfer me if I had been placed anywhere else though." She said honestly. Epiphany would have screamed if she had been placed in Gryffendor and if she had been dubbed a Hufflepuff Epiphany would have packed her bags the very day and refused to see anyone after that. One of her toys was a Hufflepuff though. She liked him and his depression even though she didn't right care if he was upset all the time. The boy thought himself scum though Epiphany could see more than that in him. If anything he would be a good smokescreen. "I've done that before. I'm thinking and my feet just take me somewhere. Usually somewhere that I need to be I can usually find the better tidbits by accident or eavesdropping but I don't now if you would like to go into that." She said moving her head a little bit. There where very few in the school that shared her love of the scandalous and what could be done with them. She liked RHI but if anything in those pages was true then those secrets where worth a lot more than school wide chaos.

As the girl apologised once again, Deme found himself believing her more and more, which was unique, as he was not a very trusting person to begin with, and rarely took what people said as face value, but this girl seemed to be a little different, it was unique and intriguing and was probably to blame for his sudden determination to befriend her and believe her. He looked at her hand, and greetedit with his own. What was she going to do? Snap his arm off and hit him with it? "It is okay." He stated, his mouth curving slightly into a small smile to show no hard feelings. She seemed so... apologetic, it was odd, but strangely acceptable to the Ravenclaw, as he studied her unique behaviour further. As she gave him her name, he couldn't help but think it to be a rather interesting combination, especially her first name, but he didn't comment on it, because he quite liked the name. "Deme Aurelious, nice to meet you." He greeted, using his typical 'greeting' voice, the one that sounded warm and inviting, though he rarely felt that way, right now it wasn't too false to his feelings, he did want to get to know the girl, and so was working to make sure it happened.

Finding out that Epiphany Bones wanted to be a Ravenclaw when she first came, his eyebrow rose. Deme hated being in Ravenclaw, though he would have been extremely annoyed if he had have gotten anything else, even if being in Ravenclaw annoyed him to no end, it was better than Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, or Slytherin. Though not many would agree, but Deme had his reasons for disliking all four houses, Ravenclaw just happened to be a shorter list, and so he was grateful that he was in Ravenclaw, even if having the stigma of being intelligent annoyed him, and having to walk down all those stairs. "In all honesty, I vould hate to be in any other house, but if I had to change, I vvould probably hope for Gryffindor." He admitted. Deme wasn't very fond of Gryffindor, he had met a few people from the house, and had seen a few, and they all seemed annoying, except one boy, but he seemed a little clueless at times. Seriously, who would climb a sharp cliff and not except to get injured? But the fact that Gabby was in Gryffindor gave the house kudos, she was his 'sister' afterall, even if she got on his nerves with her habit of clinging and depending heavily on people. But he loved her, sort of, he more tolerated her than loved her, because it was hard to love someone you shared nothing in common with, not even blood. "The only thing Gryffindor has going for it is that it's house colour is red, though, and my adoptive sister is there."The thing Slytherin had going against it was the fact that Fayt was there. Deme and Fayt had an interesting relationship, they were remarkably similar, which is what tore them apart. Neither trusted the other, neither were talkative in family functions and they both didn't like putting themselves out there. But the main thing that made Deme keep his distance was the fact that Fayt was a Parselmouth, which meant that he could communicate with the very creature Deme had a phobia with. Snakes. That 'talent' of his brothers was what caused Deme to not trust him in anything he did. While with Hufflepuff... it was Hufflepuff, he had heard enough about the house to know that he most certainly did not want to be in it, and the people seemed to be idiotic, and Deme had very little tolerance for idiots, even though he got low grades, it was mostly a disipline issue, not an intelligence one, so if someone acted dumb around him, or didn't understand what he was saying because they weren't bright enough to understand, it really annoyed him, and mostly he had been getting those vibes from his Hufflepuff classmates.

Deme nodded as she spoke. Sometimes the mind was interesting, often wondering off in it's own little world, and completely forgetting that the body was left behind by itself. It was amazing really, because half the time he daydreamed while walking, he would end up somewhere knew, and find something interesting to do, like right now, he had just met a rather interesting person and now felt comtempt with wondering here in thought. He giggled slightly, he didn't make it a habbit to eavesdrop on people, mainly because if he even thought about doing it at home, he'd be scolded by his adoptive father, something he hated having to sit through, his adoptive mother was worse, but she rarely noticed the things Deme did sometimes, so she rarely bothered him. "I agree, it tends to happen to me regularly though, but most of the time, at the end of the day, I don't have such a bad time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back