Patrick Vernier

former hufflepuff & prefect | french

OOC First Name
Kaye
Blood Status
Half Blood
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Swishy Vine Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
With Patrick's Auror responsibilities and his training, the man was glad to have a couple of days break at home. He always looked forward to it, and with it also being school holidays, it was the perfect time to spend time with his family and relax. It also gave him opportunity to spend time doing the things that he loved. Despite this, the former Hufflepuff couldn't help but feel a little bit of stress. There was always so much pressure on being the Auror of the family, and despite how stereotypically brave and calm he had to be, Patrick was not feeling that at all. He was admittedly feeling overwhelmed with the amount of work he had to do. There was no break between school and Auror training and so he was always on his feet, volunteering himself to do things as he thought it would improve himself. He had come a long way since school though, but he wanted to get most of this pressure off him soon.

Patrick made his way down to the Takarokaro Park. He never usually spent time there, but thought it might be quiet with Obsidian Harbour bustling with the new first years buying their wands. His house was never quiet, that was for sure, and so the park was a good alternative. He brought his rune bag with him and sat down on one of the picnic tables in the shade. He hadn't had time to do any readings lately, and thought it would be good to keep it up as it would give him something to distract himself. He shook the bag and reached inside it, before laying out the runes in a Thor's cross shape. He couldn't help but find this relaxing.

Peyton hadn't been anywhere near brightstone in over a year, but when one of her friends had asked her to come play a small gig together at a friend's wedding she found it hard to say no. She hadn't kept many friends after school, even less after moving, so she was keen to keep the few new ones she had made close. Even if that meant being at a place that might cause some melancholic memories to come floating to the surface. Memories of her wandering around the village with her parents, playing in the park. Memories from when her family hadn't fallen apart like it was now. Wandering around the cobblestone streets almost made her tempted to reach out to her mom, but there was always that little voice in her head that told her she shouldn't. She was finally doing good again after all and was sure that trying to connect with her mom would only leave her disappointed.

After a while of mindlessly wandering around the village Peyton realized her feet were taking her to the park, which would as good a place as any to hang out for a little while before travelling back home. With her guitar slung around her shoulder she walked around, happily breathing in the fresh air as she looked for a spot to sit. Perhaps play a little tune or two. She was about to head over to an empty bench when she noticed a guy at one of the tables with what looked to be runes. She eyed the empty bench for a second as she kept walking and tried to come to a decision, eventually changing course and heading towards the table the guy was sitting at. "Hey," She smiled when she reached the table, "Are you doing a reading?" She asked curiously, nodding at the runes he was laying out. "Mind if I sit?" She added with a smile, already letting her guitar slip off her shoulder. Runes had always been something she just didn't understand and she was sure she'd never get it, but seeing others do readings had always intrigued her.

As Patrick took out the runes one by one, he took a mental note of them. They weren't bad runes at all, and in fact gave him a little bit of hope about his future. It was always nice to just sit and do a reading on himself as it really kept his positivity up. The former Hufflepuff became distracted however as a lady had approached him. She seemed to have an interest in the reading he was doing and asked to sit down with him. He nodded. "Yeah, sure. I'm just doing a reading on myself. It's looking pretty good to be honest and kind of gives me peace of mind. Want me to do one on you?" he asked, wondering if perhaps that was why he approached.

Peyton gave a little nod of thanks when the guys agreed on her sitting at the table, putting her guitar case down against it before sitting down herself. She looked at the runes he had laid out for a second before realizing that she hadn't the slightest clue about what any of them meant. "That's good! Go you." She responded with an encouraging smile when he explained the reading he had done for himself had been looking good. She wasn't sure whether he had been doing the reading because he needed some sort of positive sign, but if he had she was glad he had gotten it. "Oh- uh, you don't have to. I mean you can, if you want, I was just curious to see what you were doing. I never really got the hang of runes back at school." Peyton responded with a soft chuckle.

aah sorry this took so long

Patrick instantly regretted getting so excited at the woman's response. Of course she didn't understand runes too much, and was probably the type like his younger sister that was very nosy and just wanted to know anything about everything. "Oh well, I guess if you aren't too keen to do one then the results won't be as accurate." he said with a shrug, hoping that one day he would actually find someone who was keen. He didn't mind too much however, and so just started putting his runes back into his rune bag, forgetting where he was up to anyway. "So you play guitar?" he asked, gesturing to the guitar she had brought with her. It was an obvious answer however, and perhaps he should have worded it differently, but he found people who played instruments interesting, especially if they could play more than just classical songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back