part time owlet trainer; mother; sam's wife
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Beech Wand 14 1/4 Essence of Pixie Hair
2mzwmww.jpg

Hazel sighed as she flattened herself out along the lounge that sat in the middle of the room. She had been going to The Student Lounge to do her homework, which coincidently she had been getting alot of. Not that she minded of course, she was a Ravenclaw, they almost craved work, but she still found it alittle daunting to keep up with. Atleast though she was able to keep away from her wretched cousins for a while. Though it was weird seeing Andy all the time. She wasn't used to it. To make matters worse, he refused to talk to her. Ever since he discovered that she was in Ravenclaw with him, he had seemed to think that she was stalking him. Which of course was not true, but he refused to believe her. Not that she blamed him. He was always being treated like a baby.

Now that Hazel had finally gotten her work done she sighed and closed her eyes alittle. She was just going to rest for a bit. No-one was ever in here at this time so she was sure she would atleast get a good half hours rest. She had been really tired for classes today, having not gotten much rest the night before. Now she just wanted a nice little rest.

There were a lot of places where Jake hadn't been in Hogwarts yet. That's why he had decided to travel to the student lounge that day. He was tired from not sleeping so well since his grandmother died but he was able to hide it behind a fake smile, he walked with his head down though, making sure he didn't meet any of the other student's eyes as he walked. It was daunting, since he had become more social he actually wanted to talk to more people and trying to be ignored again felt so distant and weird to him. When Jake entered the student lounge he managed a small smile, it was empty, or so it seemed. He walked in and sat at on a couch that was conveniently placed next to the window, the light from the sun outside warmed his skin and he finally felt some sort of relaxation. Maybe he would be able to have a proper sleep for the first time in weeks. All hope of sleep was lost when he dropped his notebook that he had so casually held a moment before. "Clumsy, clumsy me." Jake mumbled to himself before picking up his notebook in a rush to make sure nobody saw any of his drawings.

As Jake looked up, he noticed a girl, she looked a bit younger than him. She looked like she was resting. Jake was relieved that she was the only one there and she wasn't looking at him if she saw the pictures she would think he was weird. Sighing, Jake sat back down where he was and closed his eyes, he would feel guilty disturbing the girl by talking to her. He would wait for her to talk to him first, just in case she didn't want to talk to him or anybody for that matter.

2mzwmww.jpg

Hazel sat up as she heard something drop. What could it have been. She looked towards where she heard the sound and saw some-one that she figured was older then her. She blinked slightly and tilted her head. Had he been there when she had walked in? She shook her head, he couldn't have been, she would have seen him. He had probably just walked in and sat down. Maybe he had just walked in now, had he made the noise that had woken her up? "Oh, Hi?" She wasn't sure who he was, but she was sure he was older then her. And a Slytherin too. She wondered what type of Slytherin he was. "Was that you that made the noise?" She asked as she straightened up her robes and faced him. "I am sorry that I am in the way. If you want I could leave?" She asked. She didn't want to leave but she had heard of the Reputation of the Slytherins.

Sorry its lame Ill do better next time I promise ^_^

Jake was a bit startled when the girl talked to him. He was startled enough that he fell off of the couch he was sitting on. "Ow." He said as he stood back up, rubbing the back of his head. It didn't hurt that much but Jake did feel embarrassed that she girl had seen him have a rather clumsy moment. "Uh, yeah I dropped my notebook. Sorry for disturbing you." Jake said respectfully. He was guilty for making such a disturbance when the girl was obviously trying to relax. "Um, no, you aren't in the way. It's fine. I was just here for the sake of being here, you don't have to leave on my account." Jake said managing a smile. This girl seemed kind, mostly because she had offered to leave when Jake had ever so clumsily dropped his notebook. "Um, My name's Jake." He said as he sat back on the couch. The only real reason that Jake was even talking to her was that she was nice to him. He didn't really feel like talking to anybody that day but she was nice and Jake wasn't about to pass that up.

2mzwmww.jpg

Hazel could see that the boy was slightly startled. Perhaps he had not been expecting her to talk to him. It was when he fell off the couch that she gasped slightly and went to see if he was uninjured. "Oh, are you ok?" She asked as she attempted to help him up. She hoped he was alright, and that he was a decent person, because she didn't really like confrontation, unless it was with Drake and Justin, they really got on her nerves. "It is ok really, I was only resting my eyes for a little while. You did not really disturb me, so no need to apologise." She told him as she sat on the lounge next to him. Yet still not too close. She still didn't know him. Atleast he was being respectful to her, atleast that was something. Perhaps he wasn't so bad afterall. Hazel smiled as he said she didn't have to leave. "Ok, I wont leave then, thankyou." She added as she smiled. Maybe she could talk to him, seeing as he was being so nice.

As the boy mentioned his name Hazel suddenly felt the need to tell him hers. "Hi Jake, it is nice to meet you, I am Hazel" She told him. She didn't feel the need to tell him her birth name yet. Maybe she would tell him if they became friends. "So, are you a second year?" She asked as she straightened her hair.

Jake smiled as the girl helped him up, it was kind of her and Jake hadn't met anybody new that was kind for a while. It was refreshing for him but it was also a little weird. He started to feel a bit uneasy, maybe she was only being nice to him because he was a Slytherin and she was scared of him, not only because she was a Ravenclaw but also because she was younger than him. He could tell she was young by how she looked, she looked as though she was young, he didn't really know why but he assumed that it was because of the curiosity behind her eyes. "I'm fine, thanks for asking." Jake said casually, he was flattered that the girl had actually sat next to him, he didn't really expect it and he couldn't help but manage a small smile when she did it. "Sorry, I thought I was being rude when I dropped my notebook." Jake said honestly, he then realised that he had apologized again. "Crap. I said sorry again." Jake said before poking his tongue out at the girl. He was a little embarrassed for being so stupid but it wasn't obvious, seeing as he was able to laugh at himself so easily.

Jake smiled back at the girl when she introduced herself. "Cool name. It's nice to meet you too Hazel." Jake said while continuing to smile at her. "Yes, I am a second year." Jake said to Hazel, while chuckling quietly. He was a little surprised that she needed to ask as he had grown taller while he had been at Hogwarts, now it was reasonably obvious that he was a second year, even if he still did look a little younger.

2mzwmww.jpg

Hazel nodded slightly when he said he was fine. Truth be told she was a little scared of him, but now that she thought about it, it really wasn’t because he was a Slytherin or even because he was bigger and older. It was more for the fact that he was some-one she didn’t know. She was often a little nervous around people she didn’t know. Up until a few months ago she didn’t even speak fluent English and now she was speaking it all the time. It was a little difficult for her to understand some words sometimes but she usually got the gist of what was being said. Even her accent wasn’t as strong as it used to be but it was still obvious that she wasn’t from around New Zealand. Only one person had ever actually picked her accent before. But they were a muggle and not a magical person. But that didn’t matter now; she was talking to some-one who seemed really nice. “You are welcome; I just cannot help to think that it was my fault for your fall.” She added with a slight laugh. She then giggled a little harder when he apologised and then apologised for apologising. She shook her head and smirked to keep from laughing longer. “Do not worry Jake, it is ok; you can just stop apologising completely before you keep going.” She told him as she straightened her robes again. It was a nervous habit she had developed recently and it was actually starting to bug her that she would do it again.

Seeing Jake laugh made Hazel feel all the more easier about laughing at him, or rather laughing with him. He didn’t seem very nervous, but she was sure he must be, after all they had never met and were simply thrown into a conversation. It was funny how these things happened. After he complimented her name she got a little self conscious. Her cousins used to always tease her name. It was a different experience for her to have some-one complimenting her name. “Thankyou…I figured you would be a second year, you look a little older though so I figured that I should ask, I have never been a good judge of age, or people really. My cousins used to always say that I had to be careful about who I hung around with. So I guess that is why I asked.” She told him laughing slightly.

Damn, I didn't realise she was so polite :p

Even though this girl that Jake had just met seemed really nice, he had a slight feeling that there was something off about her, maybe it was the way she kept straightening her robes in a nervous way or the way she was acting in general. It did make Jake feel a little more uneasy but he did the right thing in ignoring it again, there was something that was a little different about Hazel and Jake couldn't quite put his finger on it but he did know that he needed something to do while he was in the student lounge and making a new friend didn't seem harmless in any way at all. "It wasn't your fault at all Hazel, I just have clumsy moments sometimes. It had nothing to do with you." Jake said trying to reassure her that she had nothing to do with his and that he was just socially awkward and clumsy. It had plagued him in the past and he knew that he wasn't about to stop being awkward and clumsy now. "I will try to stop apologizing, sorry." Jake said. "Dammit." He muttered to himself as he felt his cheeks turn a light shade of pink, which was obvious on his pale skin. "Starting now." He said trying to laugh at himself again, it made the conversation seel less weird when he laughed at himself. In his eyes at least.

Jake didn't really care that Hazel was laughing at him, it was pretty relieving actually, knowing that he wasn't the only one laughing at how annoying and stupid he was. "Oh, nobody has said that I look older before. How refreshing." Jake said making another joke about how scrawny he looked. Making another joke felt like it went with the direction the conversation was going in so Jake couldn't help but make another one to make sure the conversation didn't get awkward.

2mzwmww.jpg

Hazel nodded as Jake said again that it wasn't her fault. She decided to ignore it. The more she mentioned it the more he was going to assure her that it wasnt her fault. It would make her feel more and more guilty about it. She was sure it was because she was so used to things being her fault with Andy that she just gave up on denying it. She had almost forgotten how scrawny Andy was when she had seen him heading to the Forbidden Forest the other day. Sometimes she forgot things like that. Now that she was talking to Jake though she had been given the opportunity to forget about her cousins for awhile. Which she was taking an advantage of. The more she didn't think about them the more rest or study she got done. Which of the two, both options were quite good, but none were more desirable then the alternative that sat before her. "Well ok, if you say it is not my fault, then I shall honour your decision." She told him as she smiled slightly. As it seemed he was a rather clumsy person. Perhaps this had not been her fault after all. Perhaps it really had been all his doing. She liked this thought. She had had nearly enough of being blamed by Andy,Drake, Justin and Daniel. Between the five of them, she was supposed to be the responsible one. She was sure that Daniel was the more responsible. After all he was the oldest anyway. "It is fine. I really do not mind if you keep apologising to me. After all it is usually I, who does the majority of the apologising in my family. This is a new experience for me." She told him as she nodded. He did have very pale skin so she could easily see the change of colour in it.

She nodded at Jake's comment. He may have been scrawny, but Andy was definately smaller. "Well to me you are, because I am used to my cousin Andy. He is actually eleven, but he only looks eight, and that is if he is lucky." She told him as she shrugged. Their conversation was getting rather weird. Though all the laughing was keeping things from getting awkward. "So, do you have any siblings Jake?" She asked as she tilted her head slightly.

Jake felt really weird sitting in the student lounge that day. He felt nervous and in doing this, he looked down at his feet. He hadn't done that in a while, since he had made some friends to me more exact. It was oddly refreshing but also annoying for him. Because he had gotten more used to being social instead of avoiding as many social situations as possible. Although he had been antisocial for as long as he had been living in New Zealand, it was just so weird for him. That's why he continued to look at his feet as he replied to Hazel. Jake was able to say a simple "Thanks." to her, just managing to make sure that he didn't sound like he was insulted or anything similar. He felt as though she didn't really want to talk to him and he didn't want to make her talk to him when she obviously didn't want to have a conversation with him. Jake sighed, he had a hope of making a new friend but under the circumstances, it seemed like it wasn't going to happen that day. "New experiences are cool." Jake muttered, he wasn't really focusing on the conversation as much as before, he wasn't sure if it was his lack of sleep that was making him act so weird or if it was because he was irritated. There was a good possibility that it was both.

Jake knew that Hazel thought he was weird, and when she changed the subject of the conversation he assumed that it was true. Jake said a simple "No." in answer to her question. Trying his best not to sound weird to her. "Do you have any siblings Hazel?" Jake asked, attempting to continue the conversation even though it seemed like a lost cause.

2mzwmww.jpg

Hazel blinked slightly as she watched Jake look to the ground. She wondered what she had done to make him nervous. If it infact had been her at all. Perhaps Jake had simply remembered something that he had forgotten that made him act in such a way. Or perhaps he was simply interested in his shoes. Hazel looked down at his feet to try and find what he was so interested in. Failing to do so Hazel looked back at Jake and tilted her head slightl, much like a curious puppy did. "Are you well Jake? You seem to be interested in your shoes, but I am unsure as to what has held your interest?" She asked as she blinked again in confusion. She didn't understand alot of people. She often found it had to understand her iwn family let alone some-one she had just met. Though she agreed with him on the fact of new experiences being cool, she wasn't she it was the word she would have used if it was she who had described it. "Yes, I suppose that it is... cool, though when it is something you do not know, it can also be quite frightening yes?" She asked as she replaced her head to its original position. She was getting quite an insight into how the boy infront of her thinks. Again Hazel found herself wondering what Jake was thinking. He did not sound happy at all. "Jake... have I done something to make you sad? I apologise for this, if it was infact I who made you upset."

"Siblings I have none of actually. I am like you partially, atleast in that aspect. However I do have close cousins, they are similar to my siblings. We spend as much time together as siblings do infact." She told him as she smiled slightly.

Jake still felt a little rejected and uncomfortable around Hazel, she was nice and all but he didn't know her well enough to actually understand much about her, although he assumed she was smart, she was in Ravenclaw and most of the students in Ravenclaw are stereotypically smart, so he did see an advantage in being friends with her, she was nice and would be able to help him with anything he wanted, that was if she wanted to be friends with him at all. "I'm fine, thanks." Jake said, he did feel guilty and rude for not being so nice to Hazel, he thought it made him seen like a typical Slytherin and that was the last thing he wanted. "New experiences are frightening, that's why having them is a good thing, you conquer you fears of change and stuff." Jake said to Hazel, he actually managed to sound more mature than he was. Especially now that he was actually being somewhat social and looking at Hazel again. "You didn't do anything wrong, Hazel. I just got paranoid." Jake said shrugging. He was being honest as usual, he didn't feel as embarrassed as he usually would though, this pleased him. Jake smiled and laughed quietly to himself before running his hand through his jet black hair.

Jake smiled at Hazel this time, everything she said sounded so wise and smart, and she was in the year younger than him. It was cool for Jake to know that somebody was that smart at such a young age as she was. "Oh, cool. I don't have any cousins, I don't really have any family really." Jake said honestly, he was telling the truth once again, he was a little unsure about how Hazel would react to his statement about not having much of a family but he hid it behind a smirk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back