A Nice Day Out

Johanna Murray

OOC First Name
Johanna
Johanna had decided yesterday that she would be going to Takarokaro park.She wanted to go everywhere on this island and this place was next.It sounded like a fun day out and it was a warm,sunny day outside.When she was getting dressed,she decided to go summery.When she was finished getting dressed she got her breakfast and left her new flat.When she was outside she smiled and out on her sunglasses.It was a very nice day and there were lots of people on the beach.Johanna discreetly went to an empty street and aparated to Tarkarokaro park.When she arrived she smiled glad the weather here was the same.Johanna walked around for a few minutes before buying an ice-cream form a stand near by.she then sat down on a bench and enjoyed the view.

Steve had been visiting his mum. It had been a while since he'd moved out and he barely saw her any more. He knew he should at least try seeing as she was still looking after four young children on a daily basis without any help. He had to admire her for her guts. She wasn't the youngest woman in the world. At least she still had a smile on her face. That's all that mattered to him.
Steve walked out the Green house in his new top and shorts and turned towards Brightstone village. It was only a fifteen minute walk from his old home and he fancied visiting the park. He walked along the path with the sun beating down on his skin and had to pull his sunglasses from his pocket to stop his eyes hurting.
Steve walked into the park and saw a woman about his age sat on a bench. He went over to her and sat down. "I hope this seat isn't taken??" He gave her a friendly smile and lifted his glasses onto his head waiting for a response.

Johanna was enjoying her ice-cream.It was caramel and chocolate her two favorite flavors.She never really went to parks often she was usually too busy to do anything.She had now nearly explored the whole island after three weeks but she still had a bit to go.She was had she had no work today.It would of been torture to be sitting at a desk with the sun shinning outside.Instead she was enjoying it which was a rare treat for Johanna.She looked around at the small children running around the place and finding everything fun.She wasn't really fond of children,she could tolerate them but if they started screaming she would be out the door in a flash.She looked up when she heard someone sitting down."Nope"She said smiling and pushing the sunglasses off her face.She hoped she didn't have ice-cream all over her face.She was nearly finished,she was down to the cone now."I'm Johanna"She said smiling offering her hand.

Steve shook her hand. She was a very pretty girl. Nice eyes and a cute hairstyle. Of course, he was no genius on what was in style for girls but he didn't really care much unless he had to talk to his cousin. "I'm Steven. You can call me Steve." The only time he was ever Steven was if he was in trouble with his mum. Then he knew he had to run and hide. He was a strong boy but there was no way he'd ever hurt his mum. No matter what was happening. "Umm, am I allowed to call you Jo?? I like calling people by nicknames." It was a weird habit for Steve but he always thought of a nickname for everyone. Then again, some were harder than others.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for lameness :/

Johanna smiled when she shook her hand.She finished the rest of her ice-cream and wiped her mouth with the napkin,she then threw the paper into the bin beside her.It was when she sat down that she took a proper look at the man beside her.He was very good-looking.she liked his eyes.She discreetly shook those thoughts from her head and focused on the conversation at hand. "Nice to meet you Steve"She said smiling.Johanna thought about that,she had never been given a nickname before.She said the name in her head and she liked it. "You can"She said grinning."So are you from here?"She asked

Steve smiled when she agreed to the nickname, wondering if anyone else called her by it as well. He shook his head at her next question and replied "Not really, I spent a few years of my childhood in London, England. That's where my family's originally from but I've spent most of my life travelling around. We haven't stayed in one house for more than a year until we moved here. I lived just down the road till I moved out and got my own house." Steve had loved living with all the chaos of the Green house. It was home to him. But at the same time, he loved the peace and quiet he got from having his own place. Plus, he didn't have to share his room with Nick and Jerrod. "How about you??"

Johanna had only ever lived in one place until she had left school.They had never enough money to buy a new house they barely had enough money for food and clothing never mind a new house when there current on was perfectly suitable for them.When she had gone traveling for two years she rarely booked a hotel in advance she would usually find the nearest hostel and stay there,it had been a new experience for Johanna especially regarding hygiene.It had been a great experience and she had payed for everything herself after saving since she was a little girl for it.Since she had been able to aperate she hadn't had to pay for travel which made life a lot easier.It had been amazing experiencing different countries cultures.Since then she had lived outside Paris and now New Zealand.From the sounds of it he had a big family or a family anyway.Johanna always wondered what it was like to have siblings,since her father left her mother when Johanna was two and her mother never remarried or got with any man Johanna was an only child.Her mother was only in her late thirties and Johanna had a feeling there was a teacher in the school her mother liked,she didn't think if they got together they'd have kids though. "Well I lived in Nice till I was eighteen and then I traveled around for two years before buying a flat in Paris and just wandering around but then when I got the job here I moved to the Obsidean Harbor"She said,for the past two years life had been a bit lonely but ever since moving here things have been getting.

Steve listened, interested in what she had to say. He didn't know how someone could stay in one place for eighteen years. By the time Steve was eighteen, he'd already lived in most countries in Europe and others around the world. He loved moving around. It was always interesting seeing how things work differently depending on the country. Of course, he never made many friends because by the time he got to know people they moved again. Plus, he had to learn loads of different languages. Some he had to learn while he was living in the country because he'd never had a chance to learn them before. "Don't you get bored being in one place for so long?? Surely you've got to run out of things to do after a while. Unless you've got someone to spend time with??" He wondered who she lived with. How many siblings did she have?? Of course, he was used to the reactions he got when he said how big his family was and it was only getting bigger. Steve knew his mum should stop. She was never going to have her own retirement time at this rate. At least she'd done a better job than him though. Sam had already had Dervish by his age and here was Steve still single.

To be honest Johanna didn't know,she had lived there all the time until she was eleven and then she had gone to school so she had only been home for the holidays so she really had lived there for eleven years,when she was younger she always had to help her mother make money and she was often busy with her music and studies.she couldn't remember being bored she missed Nice and she was planning on going there for a part of her holidays.Her mother still had the house even though she was living in Paris.It had been her parents house and had been in the family for generations. "I don't know,when I was eleven I went to boarding school so i wasn't there much but I always had my mum"Johanna said shrugging her shoulders.She guessed she must if been bored a bit when she was small having no siblings and she didn't remember being friendly with any of the people from her school,she had never really been the social type of person that had changed as she had grown up. "Do you have any siblings"She asked

Steve liked how Johanna spoke about her mum. She made it sound like they were really close. He could never understand people who weren't close to the people they were related to. They were family after all. They had the same blood. What reason would they have to not be close. Steve nodded at her question. "Yeah. I have five brothers and three sisters. I also grew up with five cousins in the house. They're parents died when I was young." Steve always got along with Paul and Jasper but he couldn't connect properly with the girls. He always got confused if he tried to join in one of their conversations. Especially Ana and Stacy. "What about you?? Any siblings to mess with??" Steve had never been the prankster in the house but he couldn't count the amount of times he'd fallen victim to Jerrod and Lily. They may have been some of the youngest in the family but they had amazing brains when it came to pranking people.

Wow Johanna thought,she wouldn't be able to deal with that many kids in her house especially the younger ones they would just drive her up the wall.Maybe because Johanna hadn't grown up with younger siblings was the reason she didn't really like loud children now.Sure she thought they were cute and all but when they started to walk and want to start playing gams,that's when Johanna was turned off.If she ever had kids she would take a vacation then.Maybe if you grew up with that amount of kids you would get used to it and probably enjoy it.She had to admire his mom for having nine kids and then another five cousins,that was either a small crowded house or a bog one.He was never lonely when he was growing up.Johanna felt the tinist pang of jealously but she knocked it away quickly.She shoo k her head "No,I'm an only child"She said a hint of sadness in her voice.She tried not to think about it really but sometimes it would pop up.She would never be an aunt and her kids would have neither an aunt of uncle."So what was it like having thirteen kids in the house"She asked curiously

Steve felt sorry for Jo. He could see she didn't like being an only child. She probably found it lonely. Even he got lonely sometimes having a house of his own. That's when he knew he had to visit home. He shook his head at what she said. "We never had that many people in the house at once. My dad died, then two of my cousins, then Ana went to azkaban and five moved out. Then my mum had two baby girls. Now there's just four kids, mum and her partner." Nick hadn't been old enough to move out when he did but Sam had agreed to it because she knew it was what was best for him. He was doing fine now though. Steve just wondered who was going to be first to move out next. Jerrod and Lily were twins after all. Both of them loved Sam but neither of them liked the control she had over them. "How lonely is it being an only child?? I've spent most of my life sharing a room with two brothers so I used to treasure alone time."

Johanna listened,curious.She had only heard of askaban once but from what she had heard it hadn't sounded like the nicest place in the world and she wondered what the girl had done to deserve going there.Johanna was totally confused by the time he had finished talking.Johanna's dad had more or less died since he left them.He had made no contact and nobody had heard or seen a thing from him.Johanna's mother still didn't know why he had left,she had said everything had been going perfectly,he had seemed perfectly content with his first child and a loving wife.What more could one ask for and why had he left.It was question Johanna asked her most days.she had never really gotten over it and neither had her mom.She always tried to picture him so she could never forget him even though he had left.She had always wondered what it had felt like to have the protecter that wouldn't let anything bad happen to you.Some people just didn't know how lucky they were.Johanna looked at the two kids playing opposite them "Lonely,but I tried to entertain myself with my music and helping mom with the income so I guess I didn't really think about it until I was by myself with nothing to do"She said sadly

Steve had never had a job. He'd gone to school as a child and then he went to Hogwarts. Since then he'd spent most of his time helping his mum with the babies. He'd never needed a job. His parents had always had enough money. Not loads but enough to keep everyone comfy. That's what Steve had grown up with. A comfy life. It was something he knew a lot of people never had and he knew how lucky he was but he still would have preferred to have less siblings so they had a bit more between them. Maybe four or five instead of nine. "You're into music??" Steve had never played an instrument and would never sing because of the embarrassment he'd have but he loved listening to Jerrod and Lily playing in their little two person band and always missed the noise when they were at school. "What do you play?? Or do you sing??"

Johanna always loved working,it was what she did best.She liked working for the sake of it but when she was younger it had been to put food on the table.the locals had been very generous and had hired her for small jobs and had given her a lot more money then usual.When she had left for school things became easier for her mom and there was more money to spend and more time.That was why her mother now lived in Paris and was a teacher.She had always wanted to be a music teacher and now she was living the dream>Johanna wasn't sre what she wanted to do,she was happy with her job now,she got a satisfaction out of being a ministry official even just saying it made her feel important when realistically her job was pretty minor.She was like an auror except she dealt with the much less dangerous cases.Johanna nodded "Yup,all my life"She said simply.She loved music,it helped her express herself,something she had found difficult to do when she was a teenager. "I play the violin and sing"She said smiling

Steve nodded in appreciation. He knew violin was a very difficult instrument to play as it took a lot of talent. He could imagine Jo playing one and thought she must be very talented. "Really??" He nodded as he spoke but he didn't know why. Probably still from the appreciation. "My brother and sister like music as well. My sister plays guitar and drums and my brother plays guitar and sings. They sound amazing together but they're just about to go back to school ready for the semester." Steve remembered being at school and how much everyone looked forward to seeing their family in the holidays. He also remembered how much he missed his family when he went back. At least he had Nick there. They were more than brothers, they were best friends. Always had been. He couldn't remember the last time they'd seen each other though. It upset him a bit thinking about it but knew they'd fit together like puzzle pieces next time they saw each other, whenever that was. "Have you ever played in front of an audience or is it more of a personal thing??"

Johanna nodded,once you had the musical ear you could practically play every instrument as long as you practiced.Certain factors like long slender fingers helped for the violin and all string instruments and also the piano ,long nails were good for the harp and guitar.Johanna had only ever been interested in the violin.She felt like he could express herself through it and she lived classical music which she played a lot on her violin.She had always been able to sing,ever since she was a small child she had sung.Some of her earliest memories was dancing and singing around the kitchen with her dad and mom watching in the corner smiling.It was one of her only memories with her dad and was one she cherished often.Johanna had always wanted to play the drums,they looked fun though she would have to be able to count or you would never be able to play properly. "Really?Since when?"She asked curiously.Lots of people who were musical started at a young age but some were different.Johanna thought about that,she had busked on the streets and she had sung solo's at masses and sometimes as Christmas concerts. "Well I have song solo's at mass and concerts but nothing with the violin"She said.She tended to keep her violin skills more to herself.Only people who had seen her busk knew she could play the violin other then that it was only people she told knew.

Steve was starting to get more interested in Jo. There was a lot more to her than first met the eye. Though, Steve had learnt a long time ago that there was no point in reading a book by its cover because things would just go wrong. He'd made that mistake in the past and swore never to do it again. Now he always gave people a chance. He knew if his father was alive then he wouldn't be happy about this but he was dead now and Steve was going to run his own life instead of constantly trying to make sure his father approved of his actions. It had caused a lot of hassle in the past. Especially during the time he lost his mind completely. "They could play before they could walk. It's kind of scary how fast they picked up on their music." Steve felt very small when he listened to his siblings playing. He suddenly realised how many more talents they had compared to him. He could look after babies but other than that there wasn't much he could say was a talent. He listened to her talk about her playing and shrugged. "It's never too late to try. Especially at your young age. You've got plenty of time to get up on a stage with your violin and show the world what you've got and I'm pretty sure you've got a lot." He smiled and leant his arm on the back of the bench.

Johanna was enjoying the feel of the sun on her skin,when she was planning on visiting her mom tomorrow,she would have to change clothes as it was snowing in Paris her mother had told her.It was a bit awkward with time zones and different weather conditions but other then that Johanna liked traveling and working her in New Zealand.She was still surprised she had got the job in the first place,she would be holding on to this one for a while anyways.Johanna laughed that was the same with her,music just came naturally to some people while others had to work at it. "Same"She said smiling.Her dad had bought her a minuter sized violin that she still had at home.It was so tiny and cute but Johanna had loved it she hadn't known how to play it but she would teach herself using her ear.Needless to say the violin was a bit battered because she had been quite small at the time but she had kept it all these years because it held a lot of fond memories for her.Johanna smiled and her cheeks even went a bit pink "thanks"She mumbled quietly she was't good at taking compliments "So what about you,what do you like to do"She asked turning in so she was facing him

Steve shook his head with a sigh. "Not really." He shrugged. "I've spent a good deal of time baby sitting so I'm good with kids but other than that there isn't really much." Steve thought about it for a second and tried to think back to the times when he'd played with his brothers and cousins. They never really did all that much together. Mostly they relaxed in different places and talked about day to day things. Then he remembered a few of the games they played together. "I suppose I'm not too bad at quidditch and I can do a bit of football but I'd never say I'm talented at either of them. It's just things I'm able to do in my free time." He shrugged again then looked at her. "I get kind of jealous of talented people but there's always going to be some people more talented than others. Not everyone can be amazingly talented at everything. I'm happy with my kid skills." He guessed being one of the older, more mature people in his family had made that a skill for him because he knew it was never going to happen with Jerrod who was the youngest boy in the family.

Johanna nodded,maybe he had been looking after kids so much he hadn't really been able to explore everything out there.Most people had some talent even if it was something small.Johanna's happened to be music which quite a lot of people had a talent for.One thing Johanna certainly wasn't good at was children.She had never actually interacted with a child..she had had no small family members growing up and she had never encountered one in school.She had meet a few while traveling but she hadn't talked to them.She had never minded a child in her life.It would be a problem for her,if she ever had kids.She would really learning as she went a long.Johanna nodded,she had been on the quidditch team in Beauxbaton but she had never taken the sport seriously,she had too much other stuff to be doing.As for any other sport,she didn't know any others.She had watched some on tv but never played them. "Maybe you just haven't found your talent yet"

Steve nodded in agreement. "Maybe, but surely twenty two is old enough to have had enough time to realise what you can and can't do and what you find fun." He didn't mind too much. At least he was able to focus on loads of things while looking for his talent instead of focusing loads on one thing and then going off it after doing it too much or having to give up for some reason and being heart broken. "Well, at least I won't be upset when I have to give up the thing I love. Like Lily for example. When she first started packing for Hogwarts, she was in tears for hours because she wasn't allowed to take her drum kit. After the tears was the shouting and then everyone got the silent treatment." Steve had to laugh at the way she behaved. It was upsetting at the time but when he looked back on it, it was slightly funny. "I felt sorry for her because she was forced to stop doing the thing she loved and I will never have to do that." Steve always saw a situation as pros and cons and then he focused on the pros. It was just the way he managed to keep people happy.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the late reply. Been a bit preoccupied :/

Johanna thought about that "Not necessarily"Johanna started "Maybe you just haven't tried something that will turn out to be your talent"Johanna said,most people had talents even if it was weird and maybe just a tad bit creepy but none the less it was a talent.She could see where he was coming from but you don't have to do that,sure Johanna brought her violin to Beauxbaton and she had often practiced it "That's not always the case,I could bring my violin to school"Johanna said.She felt sorry for the girl called Lily,she must of really loved the drums and Johanna could understand how she hadn't been able to bring that instrument. "But it wasn't permanent"Johanna argued,Lily could begin again when she came home from the holidays and when she was finished school she could concentrate fully on her instrument.

Steve nodded. "Yeah, maybe. Still a bit frustrating that I don't know." It was frustrating but it wasn't stopping Steve from going through his day to day activities. Steve had to smile at the thought of Lily getting one of the older guys to hide the drums in her suitcase with magic so she could take them to Hogwarts. "A violin is a bit smaller than a drum set." He laughed at the obviousness of what he just said then shrugged. "She knew she could carry on when she got back but she hated the thought of being away from her 'Drina' for so long." He used his fingers to put quotation marks around the name Drina. "Jerrod and Lily name every instrument they own. I don't even know where they get most of the names from." They always used really weird names and expected everyone else to remember them.

OOCOut of Character:
Again, sorry :S Currently stage manager for the school production and it's taking a lot of my time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back