A New Year

Wendy Chaos

OOC First Name
Elphaba
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
It was a new year and Wendy was ready to completely forget the torture of her horrendous first year. Now she was back, feeling completely refreshed from her Europe trip with her mother and in her usual happy, bubbly attitude. For some reason the Gryffindor girl always felt herself visiting the Trophy Room every year. She made her way down from the Gryffindor tower in cute overall shorts and her blonde hair was hung loosely and freely around her face. Once she reached the room she began looking around, noticing the newest House cup that went to Hufflepuff. She was a little disappointed that Gryffindor hadn't won in her first year but that was probably her fault since she hadn't tried too hard in her classes. The Gryffindor continued to slowly look around, not expecting anyone else even though she thought she heard someone coming but shrugged it off.

[Lame sorry!]

Kaleb walked down the Trophy Room, his fingers lightly touching the glass cases. His blue gray eyes revealed absolutely no emotion. He wasn't acting, but still hid his emotions from his face. His lips twitched a little. Manteia was right. Slytherin had not won the house cup since this school opened. However, his eyes caught a pair of beautiful legs. Kaleb himself was wearing just a pair of jeans and a black shirt. His eyes traveled up the girl, landing on her hair. Smirking slightly, Kaleb saw that she was older. Never messed with an older girl. I might give this a shot. He put on his charming smile, and greeted, "Hey, there." He tried to hide the fact that he was attracted to her only physically. But eh, if it didn't work out, it didn't work out.

Wendy was looking closely at the Halloween trophies, smiling to herself at some of the funny costumes and was wondering what she should be for Halloween this year when she heard someone say hey. She stood up straight and looked around the room, making sure she was the only other person apart from the boy who'd just greeted her. "Hi," she replied brightly with her signature friendly smile. The boy was cute but Wendy wasn't going to go gaga over him or anything. Deciding not to let silence fall between them, she introduced herself. "I'm Wendy." She hated how her name made her sound innocent or naive but she loved her name all the same.

Kaleb was pleased that she found the time to ignore the trophies for him. Even though he deliberately interrupted her. Kaleb was always proud when it came to girls, and when he was around them, he liked to think that he was the only one that they were paying any attention to. Kaleb smiled and introduced himself, "I'm Kaleb." He had a slight bow of his head, and then gazed back up at the girl. Lovely smile. Her name is Wendy. Keep that in mind! he ordered himself. Kaleb glanced at the trophies that she was looking at, and inquired, "What brings a girl like you down here to look at the trophies? Especially the Halloween ones?" Kaleb doubted that he would dress up for Halloween, but then again, he would always end up eating his words later on.

Wendy smiled at the boy, repeating his name in her head to remember it, not as if she had many friends and had trouble keeping up with who was who. When he asked what she was doing in the trophy room she just shrugged and replied, "I don't know, I was really bored up in my dorm and every time I've been in here I seem to run into interesting people," she looked at him with curious blue eyes before returning her gaze to the trophies he had noticed her looking at. "They're the funniest ones in the room," she replied with a small laugh. "I love Halloween," she stated with a smile, though last year the day before Halloween, the 'Day of Mischief' hadn't gone so well for her and Kida. They had gotten caught in many pranks however they had managed to get away detention-free. She looked around the trophy room once again and laughed lightly, seemingly out of nowhere, as she remembered when she and Kida had defaced the place. "What about you, what're you doing here?" she returned the question to him with a friendly tone.

Kaleb could only chuckled when she mentioned why she was down here. Boredom and meeting up with interesting people. Kaleb responded casually, "Well, I hope I am interesting enough to keep you out of boredom." Kaleb took note of her blue eyes, finding them rather pretty, though he personally preferred hazel. He didn't know why he preferred such a normal color on a girl, but oh well. He dismissed the thought. Kaleb's eyes went to the halloween trophies, and shrugged lightly. "Halloween... I don't know if I'll dress up this year." He was murmuring, more to himself than anything. He raised an eyebrow at Wendy when she laughed a bit. What was so funny? But he decided not to pry. Instead, he simply answered the question, "Well, I just went for a walk and landed here, to be perfectly honest." He smiled once more. "I don't know the school very well yet."

Wendy chuckled and smiled lightly when he said he hoped he was interesting enough to cure her boredom. "So far, so good," she said with a small chuckle, thinking anyone new this year was good. She heard him say he didn't know if he'd dress up this year and she knew he was mostly talking to himself, however she still went ahead and said, "You should! Halloween is fun, you can be someone you're not, or act like someone you're not," she explained with a shrug. "There's just this exciting feeling that comes with Halloween that makes you feel more mischievous or something!" she exclaimed excitedly before blushing lightly and muttering sorry. She was always really bubbly with people she just met, or probably just people in general. Judging by his last statement she concluded, "So you're a first year?" It was just a question of clarification, no superiority in her voice at all.

Kaleb’s eyes lightened slightly, a skill of his. What she said next amused him. What she didn’t know was that he was acting like someone he truly isn’t. How easy it was to fool someone when he slipped into his character. Kaleb laughed softly, and responded smoothly, “Well, you did serve a point, perhaps I will dress up. It would be rather fun to dress up and be someone that I’m not.” Kaleb did have an idea for a costume, and with the weapon, he was skilled with it anyhow. Oh, how he will impress those around him. Kaleb smirked lightly, adding more to his features, “Ah, mischievousness. Causing a little bit of chaos sounds fun to me.” Kaleb disregarded her bubbly attitude. Every babe has a downside, didn’t they? So, this did not bother him in the slightest manner. Kaleb continued with his gentle smile and nodded, “Indeed. First year Slytherin. And what year are you in? I take it that you aren’t a first year.” His voice continued smooth and did not feel intimidated by an older year.

Wendy smiled brightly when she seemed to have convinced him to dress up for Halloween that year, or well she hoped she had convinced him. Anyone who didn't like celebrating Halloween was just a downer and that was obviously not fun.

The Gryffindor girl had to admit she was a bit surprised to hear that he was a Slytherin, most of them having sour attitudes or too stuck up to talk to anyone other than their own house, with the exception of her best friend Joceline, but she didn't let the surprise show on her face. She giggled when he used the word 'chaos' since that was her last name and she seemed to live up to it more than her older sister did. Her sister was the opposite of chaos really. "I'm a second year, Gryffindor," she added with a smile. "Do you like Slytherin?" she asked. She knew it was a rather generic question to ask just to make conversation but it was just her surprise taking over.

Kaleb wondered why Wendy had giggled, but dismissed it. Not like it mattered to him at all. Or concerned him any. As long as he didn't look funny, or say something funny, then everything would be fine. Kaleb knew that he looked good, so no worries there. He listened to her, and saw that she was just a year above himself. It would seem easier for him to win her over, it would appear. House did not matter to him in the case of having girls fall for him. He was not prejudice when it came to pretty girls. "Slytherin is just an other house. My big brother is in it, so it is a relief that I have him and a cousin with my in that house." He shrugged lightly. There wasn't much to say about his house. Not really. "What is Gryffindor like? No one there is like...overly brave or anything, are they?" He laughed lightly.

Wendy listened to him talk of his House and that he had older relatives in there, making it a relief. "Oh that's nice," she replied warmly, "my older sister is in that house," she added. Though she couldn't say it was a relief for her, at least it was a relief that they weren't in the same house, otherwise Wendy would not have survived her first year at Hogwarts. She laughed when he asked if there were 'overly brave' people in Gryffindor. She shook her head and said, "No, they're just normal people who like to have fun really late sometimes," she giggled though it was not like she had partaken in any fun Gryffindor activities very often. For some reason she couldn't even associate herself with Gryffindors, not that she didn't love it, but even in her sentence before she had said 'they' rather than 'we.'

Kaleb shrugged lightly, “Maybe they know each other. My older brother is Jaken. The really tall…really built guy.” However, he was clueless to the fact that her older sister used to crush on his older brother. Not all of his relatives were in Slytherin. His first cousin Austin was in Ravenclaw. But he was hardly ever seen around. Kaleb wondered if Wendy even liked her house, for the use of “they” instead of “we”. Kaleb caught things, but usually never thought about them. However, this peeked his interest. “Oh… I see,” he stated shortly. Kaleb inquired, his inquisitiveness taking over, “Do you not like your house? Or feel out of place? If I’m prying, just tell me to shut up.” He allowed a small, subtle laugh escape his lips.

"Wait, Jaken Styx?" she questioned before she burst out laughing after he had described his brother. "My sister Isabella has a huge crush on him! It's quite pathetic really," she said before clasping her hands over her mouth as she mumbled "Oops." She wasn't supposed to tell anyone that, though really it was obvious to everyone that Isabella liked Jaken. She shrugged and said, "Oh well."

It seemed Kaleb had caught her use of 'they' instead of 'we' and she smiled reassuringly when he wondered if he was prying. She shook her head to negate his assumption and answered, "I do like my house, very much so, it's just I've mostly kept to myself so I've felt like I don't fit in." She shrugged her shoulders and added, "But this year I'm hoping it'll be different." She twirled her hair in her fingers nervously, she never did that so she wondered what had caused her to start now, and added one more comment. "Anyway, I don't think Houses matter, my best friend is a Slytherin," she added with a smile.

(OMG! I completely forgot about this!! I'm so sorry!! >.<)

Kaleb nodded, and wondered what was so funny. At first, deep down, he was offended. Was there something wrong with his big brother? His idol? But when she explained, he laughed too. When he spoke, he had to make sure that he wasn't in the middle of laughing, "I think I remember him mentioning that some young girl had a crush on him, named Isabella. I had no idea that she was your sister! Jaken has eyes for one, and that's the Head Girl. So, your sister is out of luck." Kaleb shrugged lightly. Though he found it rather odd, someone crushing over Jaken, who seemed a bit...to himself a lot.

Kaleb listened, and nodded, "I see what you mean, I guess. But get out more, let loose, and go out on dates. That will open you up big time." Kaleb gave her a smile of reassurance. Kaleb thought for a moment, and stated, "My best friend is in Slytherin. But my cousin's best friend is in Ravenclaw. So, I wouldn't exactly understand what having a best friend out of my house feels like. I never really understood houses. I came so close to going to Durmstrang."

[Sorry, been busy as well!]

At first, Wendy saw Kaleb's face, afraid that she had offended him but was glad that he too began laughing along with her. She nodded her head when he said that Jaken only had eyes for the Head Girl so that Isabella was out of luck. "I think she knew that she never had a chance really," Wendy said thoughtfully but shrugged, it didn't matter to her anyway.

Wendy smiled when he said she needed to get out more, let loose and go on dates. "I plan to," she said with a grin. Her first step of course was making more friends and she hoped that by the end of tonight she could consider Kaleb one. She listened as he revealed that he almost went to Durmstrang. Last year she had no idea there were more wizarding schools but now she understood that the three main one other than HNZ were Durmstrang, Beauxbatons, and Hogwarts Scotland. "Why didn't you go?" she asked curiously.

Kaleb nodded, "Yeah, she might be a bit young for his taste. She's a...third year or a fourth year? I can't remember what he said the age difference was. He found it funny. But only mentioned it once." Kaleb shrugged lightly. Jaken's mind was usually on Estrella. Not that Kaleb could really blame him. Estrella was a hottie! From what Kaleb saw anyway. Kaleb would never say this aloud though.

Kaleb chuckled. She actually agreed with him. And that was great enough. Kaleb put on a healthy smile, keeping up with his act rather splendidly. He almost did not need it. But then again, his true self was cold as ice. Kaleb planned on going on dates. Yes, many of them. A ton of them. Kaleb wanted a variety of girls. He would not have just one. That was just the way Kaleb Styx worked. "That's good that you are." Kaleb nodded. His smile faltered slightly. He sighed, "Um, I moved here just before I could. But my dad and older brother are here with me, along with a variety of cousins and an uncle. So, I no longer care or feel alone." But he would never feel alone. Not unless Carmen or he separated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back