Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Estella had to admit that she was quite nervous for what was ahead of her. She wasn't sure how hard the classes would be, and with some free time before they started, Estella thought she might as well make the most of her time and get a good head start just in case they were much harder than expected. The girl started with Herbology first, which was one of the first classes on her timetable. She sat down at the nearest table she could find in the library and opened up the textbook that she had brought at Obsidian Harbour with her father. She began reading. It was interesting, however there were a few things she did not quite understand, including why they even had to study Herbology in the first place. The first year course, as far as she could tell, did not deal with any dangerous plants, and so why would she need to know anything about them? She couldn't help but look forward to the course to answer all of her unanswered questions. She continued to flip through the pages, glancing more at the pictures as she went, hoping that this would somehow help her once they actually finally started.

Kard walked into the library, bringing in some of his own books with him. He walked towards the bookshelves and began scanning some of the titles that were there. Suddenly, he felt an annoyed feeling right behind him. He turned around to see a girl reading a book, a bit aggressively if you asked him. So, he took one of the books from the shelves that caught his eyes and walked over to the girl he saw. Placing his book down on the table, he smiled at her and asked, "Can I sit here?"

Estella was about halfway through the Herbology textbook when a Ravenclaw student that she recognised from the sorting ceremony approached her, asking to take a seat next to her. "Oh, sure." Estella told him, pushing aside some of her other textbooks to give him some more room. She didn't think it was that easy to make friends here, and was actually thankful for the company. "Hey, you're doing Herbology with me this semester, right? Do you know anything about it? I'm just reading ahead and it's kind of confusing." She shrugged, hoping she hadn't disturbed the boy from whatever he was doing. Maybe it would help if she had someone to talk to about this.

Kard was feigning reading his book, observing the girl at small glances. He smiled brightly when she talked to him and placed a strip of paper in between the pages he wasn't reading. "I'm pretty sure, yeah," He said, nodding his head, "My father allowed me to read ahead for the lessons by using his really old books, so I know a bit." He scooted a bit closer to her and propped his chin on his hand. "Where are you having trouble?"

Estella smiled softly at the boy who seemed more than happy to talk to her and help her. She blushed slightly as he came closer to her and propped his chin on his hand. It was an odd feeling, but Estella liked it, and she was already starting to like the boy who just seemed so nice. She found it interesting that he had already read ahead with his father's old books. Estella wished her father would do something like that for her. "Well, none of these plants seem really... dangerous. I guess we just don't learn about them until later, but what's the point learning about..." She flipped through the pages and pointed to the only plants that seemed to be in there. "Mistletoe and... pumpkins?"

"Well, for starters, these are common around Hogwarts and usually get put up for special events," Kard said, smiling as he talked. "It's good we learn about them so we know how to handle them in the future. For example, mistletoe itself is poisonous and the toxins can cause some symptoms of vomiting, nausea, and diarrhoea." He leaned over a bit to point where the plant was on the page. "But, it's not fatal when you consume it. Just because the plants we learn this year aren't as interesting as the more dangerous ones, they have magical properties we have yet to understand. Do you get it now?" He asked, looking at the girl with a soft grin.

Estella pursed her lips slightly as the boy started explaining it to her. "Why do you even go here if you already know all of this stuff?" she questioned him with a half smile, only joking a little bit. It was odd that he even knew all of this when it was supposed to be learnt this year, and maybe Estella just thought that was why she wasn't a Ravenclaw - because she just didn't get a good head start. Ravenclaws were smart, and suddenly Estella thought it wouldn't be a bad idea at all to befriend them and hopefully get a little extra help with her classes. "So, where did you learn it? I grew up with a magical family, but they never taught me any of this. Did you get extra tuition or something?"

Kard threw his head back in a laugh, moving away from the girl so that she wouldn't feel so crowded by him. "No, no." He waved his hands, "I just like learning new things. As I said, my dad lent me his books and even tried to teach me a few things." Sighing and leaning back on his chair, he looked at the girl with a smile. "I'm Kard, by the way. You are?"

Estella nodded as the Ravenclaw boy responded to her question. "So I guess your dad is really hard on you? I mean, surely you would feel pressured a little bit having him teaching you before even coming to Hogwarts?" Estella asked, simply wanting to know more. This boy seemed nice, and suddenly Estella wondered whether she should've asked her own father for some help. It would've definitely helped her during her first year, and she was sure her father would've lended a hand. As he introduced himself as Kard, Estella smiled at him. "I'm Estella! Friends call me Essie though." she told him, already feeling as though he was her friend. "Am I the only one that's nervous for classes, or are you too?"

"No, no! Por doesn't pressure me," Kard said, waving his hands and laughing a little. "I asked him to teach me, but he couldn't even remember most of it." He shook his head and sighed. "I'm the one who pressures myself, not anybody else." He remembered the time his parents sat him down one day when he was over-studying, telling him to take a break and get out of his room.
"Nice to meet you Estella!" Kard smiled brightly at her, "That's a cute nickname, can I call you by that?" He asked politely. Humming, he thought about her question. He wasn't all that nervous, seeing that he has an easy time with studying, but this was a Hogwarts and not his muggle school. "Well, if i don't think about it, then no. But it is nerve wracking that we're learning more about the Wizarding world."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back