A Memorial For A Student

Stellan Myser

OOC First Name
Teigan
Wand
Curved 16 1/2 Inch Unyielding Willow Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
Stellan had not been at the school long. She'd met some nice people already and she was quite happy to have them around, but sometimes she just needed some time to herself. She was walking through the rosebush when she saw a memorial. She'd never expected to see one on the grounds of the school and walked up to it, sitting in front of it to look. Stellan had never seen many memorials at all. Her parents tended to keep her away from things like this and so as she looked at it she reached out to touch it. It looked really old. She had to wonder what this Rose girl was like. She had no idea how the girl could have died, but what was it that hat had said to her? Well over a decade? What if this was the person it was talking about. "Poor Rose, I bet you were really excited huh?"

Hogwarts really was a huge place. Charlotte knew it was going to take years for her to explore it and, by the time she gets to seventh year, she doubts whether or not she'd be finished finding it's biggest secrets yet. It was only one of her first days at the castle and she was already out beginning the adventure that lay ahead in the rosebush. She spotted a fellow Slytherin talking to a memorial with someone's name on it and that was where she was off to first. Walking over to it Charlotte wondered why it was here and questioned whether or not Hogwarts was the safest place of all. "What is this?" Charlotte asked, looking over the girls' shoulder at the memorial.

Stellan looked up as she heard someone approach and then ask about the memorial. Stellan stood up and shrugged. "I really don't know. I just got here and it was here. I guess she must have died here or something." She said looking back down at it. "You know, I asked that talking hat thing if I could get killed here and it said no-one had died in a long time, but seeing this... it kind of makes me wonder, you know?" She asked, stepping away from it. It was kind of giving her the creeps. She looked back at the girl and smiled, holding out her hand. "I'm Stellan by the way."

Charlotte smiled as the girl stood up and introduced herself as Stellan. "I''m Charlotte. It's nice to meet you." Charlotte replied, shaking Stellan's hand. "Apparently a lot of people have died at Hogwarts but I didn't realise someone had a memorial. But yeah, it kind of does make me wonder whether or not we are safe here." Charlotte paused for a moment and fiddled with her thumbs, unsure what more to say. "I'm only a first year here. Are you? The castle is so big but my parents never said it was anywhere near this size." Charlotte stopped, trying her best not to ramble on too much. She was just here to make friends with people from her own house.

Stellan smiled at Charlotte as she shook her hand. It was nice to meet someone that was nice for a change, especially after all the mean people she had been meeting, most of them among her own house. Stellan looked back down at the memorial when it was mentioned again. "I'm a little worried to be honest. I mean I've never seen a memorial on school grounds before." None of her public school had ever had such a thing. They would never allow the students to know if someone had actually died on the school grounds. Stellan kind of thought this was in poor taste, but decided against making this observation aloud. "Yes, I'm also a first year. Slytherin right?" She was sure that was what the green on the girls robes meant. As Stellan's robes were also green but other students wore other colours as well. "I've no idea about any of this. It's all so new to me."

Charlotte's eyes widened at Stellan when she said everything here was new to her. "Wait, does that mean you're a muggle-born!?" Charlotte asked, astonished. Usually, Slytherin didn't accept muggle-borns and the girl seemed really nice. "Yeah, I'm a Slytherin. Most to my discomfort though. Slytherins are usually cunning and evil which scares me. It came as a shock to both my parents and I when I was sorted. I thought my parents were going to disown me but I guess they just became too scared to." Charlotte rambled. "But, from the looks of things, Slytherin doesn't seem like a bad house at all and I guess something just made them think twice about disowning me." Charlotte added with a slight chuckle. Maybe being a Slytherin wasn't all about being rude and obnoxious after all?

Stellan nodded at the girl and smiled. This wasn't the first time someone had been shocked by the discovery of her blood status. In fact last time it hadn't ended well. "I am, yeah. That's what they call me and I sort of understand what it means, but all this is so weird and new to me and I really don't think I'll ever get used to it." She said, shaking her head. Stellan tilted her head when Charlotte explained about Slytherin and Stellan was determined to cheer her up. She clapped her on the shoulders. "Don't worry! I'm not scared of you, Charlotte!" She said. She had met a couple of different Slytherins now and they were all so different. "We can show everyone that not every Slytherin is a bad person!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back