a look inside

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda had wanted to go into the trophy room since she got here, if it killed her she would have a trophy in here!
She wandered in and went straight to where the house cup winners were.

Brian followed her "I don't think the room is in here!" Brian said a little annoyed looking at the trophies "It's all the Prefects!?" Brian said reading the same group of names over and over.

((OOC: you should put your dolly back on Andy!))

Amy followed Andy up to the trophy room with Brian. This girls like a whirlwind she thought to herself, smiling.
"Okay okay, I'm here now" she said stepping into the room, looking around her as she done so.

"Ravenclaw won it last year!" Brian said smiling, "there not the best, the school is relatively new and hasn't always had this many students" Brian said looking at the names still "How many fourth Years are there? and you'll see they won because they had no competition, untill now" Brian said to the other two

"well our group will be the first full group of students, that will have to compete against one another" Brian continued "If one of us were to win, then it would show that you are truly the best" Brian finished looking at the names and starting to feel a bit mad at how easily a trophy had been handed out. "not to say they didn't... earn it" He added.

((OOC: just to match me and Amy lol))

"I think they still did, I mean they would have had to sit their exams no matter what!" Andromeda looked at Bruins name on lots of the cups, "Bruin will be in for a land this year when I take the cup from him!"

[[ooc - Amy's getting a siggy done too, found her a celebrity! want me to look for you? :) ]]

"have to say, Gryffindor vs. Gryffindor sounds fun, but I think if you wanna stand a chance you should join the Quidditch team" Brian suggested "I plan to be the best First Year, that's a start for now" Brian said smiling.
((OOC: I like he one I chosed already he's just too old right now, next year though))

Andromeda gave the biggest sigh of her life.
"The Gryffindor tryouts aren't until next semester, they're waiting for the first years to learn how to fly first! Which is really cool and all. But I just can't wait to get up THERE!" Andy motioned upwards.

"you and your stupid flying" Brian said laughing, "So why are we in here, I thought we were looking for the room" Brian asked.

Bruin had been taking a shortcut along the third floor corridor between the Prefect's Common Room and Gryffindor Tower when he heard voices coming from the Trophy Room. Bruin had a special interest in this room as he had devoted himself over the past three years to being the best student that he could possibly be and had been rewarded handsomely for his efforts. He knew that there was a growing animosity towards him, but didn't take anything on unless he was prepared to do his very best. If others didn't like this, that was their problem, not his.

Bruin slowed his pace as he approached the door, thinking about what he had accomplished in his time at the school and how many students had come and gone. He wondered how many of the first class would make it to the finish line as thus far it had been kind of like a war of attrition with several casualties each year. What remained was the best of the best and Bruin knew that he was privileged to be studying with them week in and week out. Bruin attributed his success to his consistency, having never missed a lesson, never failed to complete an essay or even an extra credit assignment for that matter. When it came time to look back on his time at school, this is what he wanted to be remember, that he always brought his very best.

When he reached the doorway, he looked in and noticed a small group of first years milling around within, almost running headlong into one who was obviously headed elsewhere. He thought about his first visit to the Trophy Room, a detention with Heath, one of those friends that was gone, but not forgotten.

Bruin leaned against the door frame and said cheerfully. "Hey there. Hope you three aren't serving a detention already. Polishing trophies isn't a whole lot of fun.", he said with a friendly smile.

Andromeda had ran so fast that she had nearly bumped into Bruin.
"Bruin, Hi!" she smiled, after seeing the amount of trophies that her prefect had and the fact that he was their house quidditch captain, Andy had a whole new respect for him. She looked up at him now, "you get to polish trophies for detention?"
She looked appalled by this then again if they were her own trophies she wouldn't mind it so much.
"You don't get detention though, do you?" she asked thinking only students who needed serious reprimanding got detention.

Amy turned as she heard somebody approached and saw it was Bruin.
"Hey Bruin" she said smiling. She listened as Andromeda looked as if she was starting to get confused about the whole detention aspect.

"who get's a detention in their first week?" Brian asked, He wasn't even quite sure that was really possible or if Bruin had actually been serious with that question. "Besides I thought they gave you hard stuff for detention, like going into the forest to find stuff" Brian added.

Bruin smiled at the reactions of the students. "I know of a couple of students who earned detentions pretty early in the school year.", Bruin replied with a mischievious grin. "And you'd be surprised at just how different the detentions seem to be. Each professor seems to have their own unique style as to how they like to get their message across. In my first year, Professor King had a couple of us in here to dust and polish up the trophies, without magic of course. As I recall, we made a rather nasty discovery in the closet over there that we left outside his office because we weren't quite sure what to do with it."

A huge grin spread over Bruin's face. "Come to think of it, Professor King hasn't given me a detention since!"

Click to read a rather funny detention from my first year

"When you say clean and polish up the trophies, do you mean all of the trophies in here?" Amy asked glancing round at the room.

Bruin looked around. "Pretty much, although come to think of it there seem to be a whole lot more now.", he said smiling.

"yeah but some of them are just fun tophies, while the others are real trophies for doing something a little above and beyond. Like getting good grades and not getting into trouble" Brian replide to Bruin's reponse

Bruin smiled, he was proud of his accomplishments and not uncomfortable about showing it, although he hoped that people didn't perceive him as arrogant. He simply had very high expectations of himself and did everything he could to meet them and hoped that others understood that. He thought back to the last Halloween Ball and recalled the trophy he had received for his Captain Gryffindor outfit.

"Yeah, I suppose some of those trophies are for fun stuff while others may have a little more meaning attached to them, but I just look at them as recognition for doing something to the best of your ability. Knowing when to have fun and when to be serious will help you alot around here.", he said, revealing a little bit of wisdom beyond his years. "I hope that you three all find the right balance because it makes things around here so much better."

(OOC-glad you liked it. To be honest, I had forgotten about it and enjoyed re-reading it myself.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back