Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ash Wand, 14 1/4", Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Isabella walked slowly up the tower to the Owlery, wrapping her Slytherin scarf around her neck. In her hand she held the letter that came from her mother a few days ago during breakfast. Bella had been angry about the letter so it had taken a while for her to think of what to reply. Once she reached the circular, windowpane-less room she opened the scroll of parchment to read it once more.
Dearest Isabella,

I hope you are doing well in school. I apologize for not having written sooner, things are just so busy at work, you know how it is darling. Your father sends his apologies as well.
First thing's first, we're very proud that you've been chosen into Slytherin like the rest of your family. I hope you've enjoyed your stay at Hogwarts New Zealand but if you don't, you know you can also go to my alma mater, Beauxbatons.

Or Durmstrang! You'd really like it Izz!
Please excuse your father's interruption. Also, I've heard that you've been quite the party-thrower at school---we have our sources Isabella. In any case, we're glad. Party hosting is a great way to network and get to where you want to be in the future.
To tell you the truth, I'm writing to you because your father and I are not on very good speaking terms at the moment. We had finally began to work out our marriage and were getting along great until he chose to confess something to me which I am very displeased about. That ruined any progress we had made. Oh Isabella, I wish you were home to hear this, because I know you'd choose my side. Since you've been gone there's been no one to agree with me when your father and I fight. I know you don't like being in the middle of it all, I apologize, but this time, I'm serious, this whole situation is serious! And unbelievable. I know you won't like it Isabella.
Anyway, your father has decided it is time for you to know this horrible happenstance as well, so we should be expecting you home for the holidays. I at least managed to convince him that it is best we wait until then.
Please do well in school and make us proud. Oh, Pamela says hello.

Love, your Mother,
Daphne Chaos

Isabella fumed again, unable to control her anger. She saw where her mother said she haid "sources." "So she's spying on me," Bella said out loud to no one but the owls.
And as always, her parents were constantly asking her to choose sides and as always, the fights were pointless and meaningless. She wondered what it would be this time, probably which one was better at their job or something like that. Maybe she was losing it already but it sounded like her mother was serious about this fight. Isabella sighed and decided she'd have to go home for the holidays after all.
Worst of all, Isabella was dying to talk to Pammy and her mother had only just mentioned that Pammy said hello, even though she'd probably asked her to write more. Isabella had to admit she felt bad for not writing to Pammy sooner and decided she would right now.

Isabella looked in her messenger bag for her parchment, ink, and quill. She leaned against the wall and slid down to sit and write a letter. She actually had two letters to write, one to her mother and one to Pammy. She stared at the blank parchment for a long time, thinking of what to tell her mother. Finally she dipped her quill in her ink bottle.
Dear Mom,

I'm disappointed to hear about the fight with Dad. I'm sure you have a valid point, and he'll come around. It sounds serious, but is there any way you can tell me through letter? I was kind of hoping I could stay at Hogwarts for the holidays.
By the way, I don't know if your "sources" told you or not, but I made the Slytherin Quidditch Team!
Well, my exams are coming up, so I should be studying, I'll hear from you soon I hope.

Love,
Isabella

Isabella looked down at the piece of parchment and rolled it up. She instantly took out a fresh piece of parchment and dipped her quill in her ever-changing ink bottle hurriedly. She had lots to write in this letter.

Pammy!!

Oh I miss you so much!! I feel terrible for not writing sooner, it'll never happen again I promise! I've got so much to tell you! I wish you could have come with me, I miss you!
Well, I don't know if my parents told you or not but I got sorted into Slytherin of course. I tried out for the Quidditch Team and I made it! I think I was one of the only first years to try out for Slytherin. I guess all those practice lessons in the backyard really paid off huh? I've been keeping busy with different school clubs that I am really enjoying, like the Cooking Club, Book Club, Wrock Club!, and the Drama Club. I sent in an application for the sorority here at Hogwarts New Zealand but I haven't heard word from that yet.
My best friends here are Angus, Annamarie, Alyssa, Theo, and Henri. Everyone except Annamarie are in Slytherin. Annamarie's in Gryffindor. We became friends before we were sorted on the Hogwarts Express. Also, I kind of have a crush on Theo. He's Alyssa's cousin and everyone thinks he's really mean! I must admit he is...but not to me, and he's not mean all the time. He's just misunderstood. I don't know where that'll go, if it goes anywhere but it's fun hanging out with him and my friends.
Have you heard about the Triwizard Competition going on at our school?! It's so intense to watch! A Gryffindor is our school champion (pity it couldn't be Slytherin) and she's done really well so far. We don't know the results yet from the first task but I'm hoping for the best!
Anyway, I'm sorry to bombard you with all this information, I just feel bad for not catching you up earlier. Mom mentioned to me that she and Dad were working things out but then Dad "confessed" something and ruined their progress. What happened? Is it really as serious as she's making it out to be? Also, what's up with them spying on me?! Total invasion of privacy!
Well, I've got a ton of work to do, I've been falling behind! (Spending way too much time at the lakefront). Be sure to write back asap! I want to hear how you're doing without me! :p Kidding!
Love ya!

-Izzie

Isabella looked down at her last letter smiling. She missed Pammy so much. Slowly she put her ink bottle and quill back in her bag and got up to look for an owl. After careful consideration she called down a beautiful snow white owl. "Hey girl," she said to it softly as it flied down. "I would like you to please deliver this to Daphne Chaos. She lives in Firenze, Italy...as if you needed that information right?" Isabella said, smirking to the bird, knowing how intelligent they were. She rolled up the small parchment and handed it to the owl. "Thanks," she called out to it as it took flight out the window.

She then looked for another owl to deliver Pammy's letter. The letters were both going to the same house but she preferred her mother wouldn't see, or worse, read the letter she'd written to Pammy. A small barn owl hooted softly and Isabella calmly called it down. "Hello there," she said to it. As she began giving the rolled parchment to the owl she said, "Send this to Pammy who lives in Firenze, Italy," she said firmly yet gently. The owled hooted to show that it understood and took flight as well.
Isabella looked out the window at both owls, the white one just a spec now, and decided she'd need to buy them owl treats for their generous favor.

Almost immediately after Isabella had sent the two letters to her mother and her caretaker, she had received one back during breakfast again. She looked down at it surprised and saw that it was from Pammy. She squealed in excitement, gave the owl the rest of her toast, and unrolled the letter hurriedly. It was no surprise her mother hadn't written back yet, it had taken her two months to write at all in the first place.
My lovely Bella,

I was beyond thrilled to hear from you and especially to hear that you are doing excellent in school. Do not worry about your studies, I'm sure you'll pass all your classes and exams, I know you can do it.
Your letter made me laugh because I imagined you telling me all these things with your bubbly personality. Bella please remember you are a young girl and don't let boys distract you too much. But nonetheless, I am happy for you about this boy and all the friends you've made. I am so proud that you've been keeping busy with your clubs and Quidditch. I knew you had it in you Bella!
Unfortunately, your mother is right this time about her feud with Mr. Chaos. I was cleaning the study when I overheard them yelling at each other and couldn't help but listen. I'm very sorry Bella, but I don't think you'll take this news lightly. Your world as you know it, is going to change drastically come Christmas break. Do not worry too much though, because you know I will always be here for you my Bella, and I will always be your Pammy, I will always protect you and keep you happy. This change isn't so bad if you think about it, it could be exciting and...different. Yes your world will be different, but your life is not over Isabella Chaos.
On another note, I have been caring for your zoo as well. They all miss you, as do I.
I am looking forward to seeing you Christmas break, though I am saddened that it has to be through these circumstances. Write back when you have time (after your studies!)

Love always,
Pammy

Isabella looked shocked. She dropped the spoonful of oatmeal she was about to put in her mouth with a clatter and gasped. She ran to up to her dorm and grabbed her bag under her bed. Then she ran all the way to the Owlery and burst into tears.
She had expected the letter from Pammy to fill her with love and happiness and instead it did the opposite. Sure Pammy wrote about her love towards her but it seemed the fight with her parents really was serious, and Pammy said it'd change her life. Bella sat there crying, not knowing what to do. She was going to write a letter back but needed a few moments to compose herself.

After Isabella stopped crying she wiped her face dry. What was this big secret that supposedly would change her life? She began getting angry because they wouldn't tell her! Now angry, she took out her quill, ink bottle, and a wrinkled piece of parchment to write back to Pammy.
Dear Pammy,

I'm not coming home for the Holidays. If my life is so drastically going to change, why go? I don't want my life to change, I like it the way it is, even if my parents do ignore me for their work.
Don't write back unless you're ready to tell me what's going on.

-Bella

Isabella looked down and noticed her writing wasn't neat as it usually was but rather harsh and untidy; she didn't care. She hastily tied up the scroll and called down the same owl that had delivered Pammy's previous letter. "Send this to Pammy in Italy," she said quietly, still sniffling. "But before you go, I have something for you." She bent down to pick up her messenger bag and rummaged around until she found what she was looking for, a biscuit. "Here, for last time and this time." she said to the beautiful owl calmly. After it ate the biscuit it hooted as a goodbye and took flight off the window.
She knew that what she said wasn't going to stop Pammy from writing, but she wanted them to know how serious she was. Bella sat there for a few more minutes, calming herself down, and then finally left the Owlery.

A few days after she had sent the angry letter at Pammy, Isabella received another letter from Pammy. She knew she wasn't going to tell her the secret, but a little part of her still hoped for it.
Isabella Chaos!

Don't you dare take that tone with me young lady! (I know, I know, you're used to hearing this rather than reading it, but it still applies!) You know very well that you are being irrational!
Look, your mother made me swear that I wouldn't tell you, and no, I'm not going to give you hints so you can figure it out with me telling you--no more loopholes. Please just enjoy your time in New Zealand for now and come home during the holidays so you can find out. Just be prepared, you'll see why the minute you get here!
Also, please don't forget about your pets! They miss you! And I miss you! Does that mean nothing to you anymore? Come home for the holidays, please.
If worse comes to worse, you know we can always go straight there and get you ourselves! Don't make us resort to that Isabella so come home.

Love you, (even when you are being a brat!)
-Your Pammy

Isabella couldn't help but smile. She could remember how extremely shy and easily pushed around Pammy was when she was first hired when she was a "troublesome five year old." Now, after spending so much time with Bella, she'd learned to speak her mind and not let be pushed around, except her parents that gave her orders of course.
She had to admit, Pammy was right. She missed all her animals very much. She frowned just thinking about them all, and especially she missed Pammy, her best friend, the one she told everything to. She sighed and went up to the Owlery to write back, taking her bag with her as usual.

Pammy,

Ok fine, you win. I'll go home during the holidays. I miss my pets, has Oz shed yet? How is Henry now that the winter is coming? Please make sure to comb Wonder's mane every other day! How is little Lucius? I hope you're feeding them! Leo and Chloe don't need anything but sleep and food hehe.
Anyway, what did you mean by "be prepared, you'll see the minute you get here"? Is the surprise materialistic??? I'll see you in a few weeks then.

Love you,
-Izzie

Isabella sighed and rolled it up calling the same owl as usual. "Hey you," she said to it. "Here you go," she said, giving it a few raisins. She had brought them in her bag for this exact reason. "Same as usual," she said to it, stroking it, "Pammy in Firenze, Italy." She lead it to the window where it took off.

Charlie sat in his study with his wife over his shoulder writing a letter to their daughter. She had finally agreed to come home so he was simply informing her of their plans on the last day of school before the break.
Izzie,

We're so glad you've agreed to come home for the holidays, it'll be just like it always is, like you never left! We'll be on the Platform to pick you up and Side-Apparate with you to our home.
Just remember we will always love you no matter what and you're the best thing in our life...

Your Dad,
Charlie

Charlie picked up the parchment, rolled it up and went over to their backyard where they kept their animals. His wife followed suit and she called their owl down for him. Once he was standing on his outstretched arm he said, "Send this to Izzie at Hogwarts New Zealand, you know the drill," and gave it two owl treats that he picked up from an pet food/treat compartment in their backyard. "See you soon I hope," he added and it took flight.

Isabella hadn't heard from her family since she decided to give in and go home for the holidays and was out on the lawn when she saw a familiar owl fly by. "Hey!" she said enthusiastically when she saw it had a letter. "I'm sorry, I don't have anything for you right now," she told it apologetically. The owl didn't seem to mind as it stuck out its leg for her to take the letter.
She opened it and saw it was her Dad that had finally written to her and said they'd be there to pick her up and take her home. She sighed sadly as she thought of leaving her friends and then an idea struck her mind.

Dear Dad, and whoever else may read this,

I'm making another condition....
I'll come home if we can go shopping sometime during the break in Obsidan Harbor and visit my friends there as well.
Hope you reply soon, break's almost coming,

Love,
Bella

She saw that the owl was still there poking around the ground for any food or crumbs and she softly called it over. "Will you return this to its owner please?" she asked it nicely. It hooted in agreement and she said, "Thanks!" It took flight and Isabella decided to go inside since the wind seemed to be picking up at the lawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back