A letter for Saks

Nina Patrokov

OOC First Name
Alexis
Wand
Yellowheart with a mix of satinwood and a core of pixie dust.
Nina walked up to the Owlrey feeling bad for not writing Bells or Saks at all. Nina decided that writing to Sakura would be more important as she knew where she was and she didn't know where Bella is. When Nina got there she took out a quill and some parchment and began to write her a letter.
Dear Sakura,

I'm sorry for not writing you sooner, but everything has been so crazy here. We all miss you, well the ones that are still here do. I am sure by now you have heard that James and Bella returned home or to the school, I cannot be sure which ones. I was sad to hear that you left during the task but I suppose it is better to be home then to be here right now.
It is absolute chaos. The Headmistress for HNZ was kidnapped by Death Eaters before the second task and all hell has broken loose with the first years. Of course the Prefects are working there hardest but it is unknown if we will have to go back to Scotland.
How have you been? Are you studying for your OWLs? Or are you not doing school this year?
I'm sorry about everything Saks, I should've been there for you, but I wasn't.

Sincerely,
Nina Patrokov

When Nina finished writing her short letter she quickly looked it over then tied it up to an owls leg and said, "To Sakura Gemini." Nina then walked out of the Owlrey and went down to the great hall.

Sakura had entered the Great Hall nice and early and was amazed to see an owl flying through, directly to her. A letter dropped onto the ground at her feet, looking about she picked it up and continued to the table.
Pouring herself some cereal she scanned the outside of the envelope, a wide grin spread across her face. It was a letter from Nina. Without hesitation she ripped it open and read it quickly, almost devouring its contents.
Of course she had heard all about the tournament fiasco, who hadn't - the papers ran with little else these days. But Sakura had worried incesantly about her friends still in New Zealand and hoped they would all return home. Isabella had returned to England but had not returned to the school at all. They remained in contact of course but other matters meant Sakura herself might not be staying too much longer at Hogwarts. She took out her wand and summoned some parchment and her ink and quill. Without any hesitation she wrote back to Nina.

Hey Nina,

Got your letter, things really have been busy for you out there haven't they? So sorry that you can't now be crowned the Triwizard Champion, goodness knows you had it in the bag. Don't you dare apologise for anything. The whole Asher and Noah thing is behind us and I'm over it. Actually, I should have stepped out of that loop from the second it happened but I am not wasting this letter talking about any of that. My grandfather is still being his usual painful self and if I have to hear once more about his precious son Diggory I will flip. They have clubbed together, my family that is and have come to a joint decision that after my OWLs this year I will either be home schooled or sent back to Beauxbaton. So even when you return next year, I won't be here. Promise me we'll stay in touch, I know I should have written sooner but goodness all the studying for the OWLs that I had to pile in and catch up on has been exhausting.

How is everyone else there? James I know returned as well - to be expected I suppose. We actually don't talk much anymore, he's gotten so moody. I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like over there for you now. I actually miss it though, the students from New Zealand were a world apart quite literally. They were great.
Write again soon and give me all the gossip, don't hold back.

Saks

As soon as the letter was finished, she summoned an envelope and wrote Nina's name and Hogwarts New Zealand on the front before calling her owl to her. Once the letter was attached, she sent it off with a smile returning to the letter infront of her and rereading it until it looked so well worn.

Nina was sitting in the tents studying for her exams, early of course but she had nothing else to do, she hadn't been seeing Alex, Noah or Asher lately, she felt so alone and her books were all she had. Nina was surprised when she saw a letter drop at her feet. Nina curiously picked it up, hoping to god it wasn't from one of the others saying that they were having a rubbish time and were leaving because she was seriously considering it.

Nina ripped it open eagerly when she saw that it was from Saks and she frowned sadly she would miss Sakura so much. Nina quickly got out her things to write Sakura.
Dear Saks,

It's perfectly fine, I'm just a bit stressed out now, it seems that Alex, Noah and Asher have left me in the dark and I haven't spoken to any of them in so long. It's quite saddening but then again, I'm getting a lot of studying done and I hope that I'll claim a Prefect position when I get back to Hogwarts Scotland, I miss everyone so much. I'm seriously considering leaving, I've got no reason left to stay any more, the only person I talk to is a little Gryffindor girl, it's quite pathetic actually.
I didn't see you over the break, did you go back home? I was hoping to get some sort of hint on where you might've been, but Ashley was being rather distant as well. I don't know what to do Sakura, everything is crumbling under me. God I'm sorry I'm just being a moron aren't I? Never mind don't worry about me, this is just about the most human contact I've had since Christmas.
I'm sorry that you have to leave Hogwarts, hopefully you'll be able to go to Beauxbatons and still go to school, I'd be so sad to hear you couldn't finish your studies because your Grandfather is being stubborn.
I don't have much gossip to share, I'm completely and utterly out of the loop, but if you have any feel free to share.

Nina

Hey Nina,

Well its official, I am so not going to any school next year. My family have employed a private tutor who is supposed to be amazing and apparantly I will benefit ten fold when it comes to my NEWT results. What a load of horse manure! Would rather be there with you right now.
Sorry to hear everything is crashing, what happened to Asher, Alex and Noah then? I don't think I saw them here at the school - as big as it is, I'm sure I would have ran into them some time. I'm sure they'll turn up or something. I mean Noah has got his OWLs this year. I've had my head stuck in a book for so long I was beginning to see dots before my eyes even in my sleep.
James is sort of talking to me again, don't know what's up with him really. He's arguing all the time especially to Albus. I think it's probably got a lot to do with Isabella not returning to the school and not writing to him either. She's so embarressed though about what happened with her mother. I don't know if you know the story or not of what happened, it actually made the papers back here before poor Isabella even got back from New Zealand. It would have been great to go back to Beauxbaton if I couldn't go to Hoggies, especially as that 's where Isabella thinks she might be going, that or she's going to try and persuade her father to send her to Hogwarts New Zealand. At least there no one knows what happened.

The weather here is alright I guess, bitterly cold but we are in Spring after all and Scotland is notoriously famous for its snowy weather as you know. Take care of yourself though and when you do get back just send me a letter to my home.

Klondyke Estate,
Yorkshire,
England

Missing you,
Saks

Saks,

I'm really sorry that you can't stay at Hogwarts, I know we'll all miss you loads, I already do. Hopefully your family will let up and you can come back in your 7th year? I'm being hopeful, but not expecting anything, Amos doesn't sound that easy to bend around.
I don't know, it could be me buckling under the pressure again but it seems that I have no one aside from this young Gryffindor girl who is in the same position as I am, well not the same but you understand what I'm saying. I know Noah has his OWLs, but I should at least see him in the Great Hall, or by the tents, or in the Hall ways or something, I sleep in the same room as Asher and I don't see her, that's not right, and Alex is my boyfriend and I don't see him anymore, it's worrysome, Alex has been my rock these past four years, and I need him now more then ever, everyone is pitying me for not being able to finish the tournament, and they think that because I'm mad that I don't care that Alicia was kidnapped, I'm mad at the people that did this to the natives, they don't get it, it's really stressful.
What happened to Bella? I hope everything works out for the two of you. I tried to write Bella but no response. She sent a letter when she left that said she was leaving because of everything with James and I had heard that James left because someone in his family died. Is Albus alright though? I hope he is, he's a good kid.

Have you gone back home already?

Sincerely,

Nina

Nina,

I'm sure this will be the last letter before you break up for the holidays. I have just finished my last OWL exam and feel great about it. I think I did really well actually. If you see Hilary or Bruin or Cyndi tell them I said hello will you. I am so going to enjoy this summer of freedom before I have to slug it out at home and you are so right Grandfather Amos bends for no man or woman, not mind his only grandchild! He is actually building (magically of course) an extension on to the house so that I can have my own classroom for everything from potions to flying pratise to care of magical creatures to herbology. I am so going to suffocate, hopefully the tutor will see enough sense to want to do some classes outside or even to take me on field trips. I loved the ones with old Canoc the HNZ magical creatures professor. They were absolutely brilliant.
You will be delighted to know that one of my potions has gotten patented and is now going through the red tape of being approved by the Ministry wait for it... for use in the school curriculum. Dead exciting huh? I'm not allowed tell anyone what it is yet, on the off chance that it isn't used. *raising my eyes to the heavens here*

Sorry you've had such a rotten time of it but you'll be home soon and maybe we'll be able to meet up over the summer. Though my grandfather and my father are planning tons of stuff to keep me occupied. That will last all of five minutes, I can tell you.
Bella's mother got really angry about something her father said and lost her temper completely in true Veela style. She attacked Mr. Ormonde who ended up in hospital for quite some time and she actually got sent to Azkaban for a short spell. The ministry were coming down heavy on 'magical creatures' as they insist on calling Veela and are now trying to pass a bill that states no Veela should marry a wizard / witch or muggle without first the authority of the ministry. They even want half and part - Veelas to register. Turning into some sort of 'witch hunt' though technically 'veela hunt'. The world is going mad I tell you.
James' grandfather was gravely ill for a long time and did pass away, he had a huge funeral. Massive turn out, he was so well thought of. Albus is fine, he can certainly hold his own against James. I think the time the two spent apart when James was in New Zealand did wonders for Albus' confidence.
Will be heading home in four days... the dark cloud moves in for the summer then I can tell you.

Safe journey back home when its time,

Saks

Dear Saks,

Sorry for the late response, I didn't realize I got a letter until I was at my new house unpacking. It seems the letter was put into my trunk for later reading, and I never got to it, sorry for leaving you hanging. How was your summer? I went to France with Alex, it was very nice. I soon ran out of Galleons, but I'll have to get a job I guess. Have you started your lessons yet? If so..are you enjoying them at all?

If you would like to write me back, please write to HNZ, I've moved, it's a bit lonely but I'm sure it will all work out for the best. I hope that you can go to school, if not HS or Beauxbatons, perhaps you could come to HNZ. Did you get your marks for your OWLs back yet? How did you do?

Love lots,

Nina

PS. Sorry for the short response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back