A Kitchen Excursion

Toni Addison

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Toni had been just about every where about the school. She had checked out the corridors, the dungeons, the common room, the dorm, and loads more. Though as she passed the kitchens, she realized that she had not stopped there before.

Having a need to know most of the school, Toni wondered in wondering if she would see a house elf for the first time. Sure people would expect that that the Addisons would have house elves at home but that really wasn't the case. Toni still leaved in a huge muggle gated comunity which meant no house elves ever.

Now her curiousity got the best of her, as Toni wondered into the kitchen looking for just one house elve. Though as her eyes looked around there were none to be seen. What did they all take a break Toni thought as she glanced around a bit more to her dismay not finding one house elf.

"Might as well get something to eat since I'm here" Toni said aloud as she walked over to a few cabinets and began to look through them for something that didn't need to be cooked.

Wednesday still had not seen the whole school nor had she meant all the people that she planned on meeting. The year was in full swing and still she had not found her exact knit of friends yet. You would think that it would be easy enough to find with such a big school but for Wednesday it seemed rather hard. Almost like back home everyone seemed paired up from the start.

With this thought she wondered around the school finding herself at the entrance of the kitchen when she heard a voice. It sounded familiar at the least. Why not check it out Wednesday thought as she stepped in and looked around seeing a blonde figure looking in the cabinets.

"Heya" Wednesday said from behind guessing that she knew who it was but wasn't quite sure. She would have to wait until the girl turned around.

Toni had been looking through the cabinets finally coming upon some crackers. "Nah" She said to herself about to place them back when she heard a voice. Quickly she turned around her blonde hair flying about as she did.

Upon seeing who it was, Toni let out a sigh of relief. Who else could have greeted her with a heya, not a professor. What did Toni think it was a house elf or something along those lines? With a small smile Toni turned back around and began to search through the cabinets once more placing the crackers where they were "Hey Wednesday" Toni said knowing the name of this girl for she had meet her a few time already.

"What brings you to the kitchen?" Toni asked closing one cabinet and opening another. She continued to dig through them carefully making sure she didn't mess anything up just in case.

Wednesday let out a small laugh as she seemed to scare Toni. Though it wasn't a mean laugh at all. Wednesday just wasn't like that. It was more a laugh of friendly amusement.

"Sorry to scare you love" Wednesday said using her common term love that some people found others just passed off as nothing. It really was nothing just common slang.

When Toni asked what had brought Wednesday to the kitchen, a small smile appeared on Wednesday's face. "Just looking around and heard a voice. Thought I would check it out" Wednesday explained as she walked over to a near by cabinet and opened it up looking at what was inside.

"What brings you here, an empty stomach?" Wednesday asked.

Toni rolled her eyes as Wednesday laughed. "I wasn't scared I just didn't want it to be a Professor" Toni said not even looking in Wednesday direction. She was too busy looking for something to eat. She wasn't that hungry but not it was just a matter of finding something. Just to prove that she could.

"Was I that loud?" Toni asked glancing back when Wednesday said she had entered the kitchen when she heard a voice. Toni didn't mean to be too loud. Though she wasn't sure if she was allowed to be down here anyway. Why did it matter as long as she didn't get caught?

"I was looking around the school some more and I landed myself in the kitchen. While in the kitchen I thought that I might as well get something to eat" Toni explained seeing that was a better explaination than saying she was looking for house elves.

"Sure you weren't" Wednesday said her tone a bit sarcastic but in all fun of coarse. Wednesday was never actually mean like that. Though she did use sarcasism from time to time. It just seemed to be needed in day to day life mostly in school around certain people.

"No you weren't too loud I guess" Wednesday said as she opened up one more cabinet and searching around for what she wasn't sure but it was odd for her not to be looking when Toni was.

Wednesday listened to Toni's reason and shrugged it off. Seemed just like what Wednesday was doing. "Ah" Wednesday said pulling out a box of brownies already packaged. Much like what she used to have at home well back home.

Wednesday opened the box carefully and pulled out two brownies before placing the box back in the cabinet and shutting the door. "Want one?" Wednesday asked holding out one of the brownies or Toni.

Toni tried to push that fact that she was rather jumpy out of her mind. It was just she didn't want to lose points for Slytherin already. After all she wasn't the most liked girl in the world. Add losing house points and it could be just awful. She won't get caught. Toni never got caught back at her old school.

When Wendesday sounded like she found something Toni turned to her not even knowing why Wednesday was looking. As she held out a brownie Toni took it knowing that it was probably awful for her. Though it reminded her of the junk food she would sneak at home.

"Thanks" Toni said unwrapping the brownie a bit and taking a small bite "Tastes so much better if you aren't supposed to be eating it" Toni said smiling slightly more as she sat down on the ground making sure to close all the cabinets that she had opened.

Wednesday watched as Toni took the brownie a bit surprised that Toni ate junk food it really didn't seem her type. "You don't look like someone that eats a load of junk food" Wednesday said as she thought it.

Unwrapping her own brownie she took a bite sitting on the ground as well crossing her legs Indian style. "Yeah it's like it is forbidden" Wednesday said thinking about how she would always sneak food back home. It was always funny to do so behind her mother's back.

"You're don't seem as bad as everyone says" Wednesday said without thinking about what she was saying. Laughing a bit at her comment she took another bite of her brownie.

Taking another bite of the brownie tasting the chocolate and for a moment feeling like she was just a child instead of someone that had to worry about what she ate. Her mother's nagging voice inside Toni's head calmed down instead of blatantly stating that brownies would ruin her figure. Instead Toni forgot all about her mother and the fat in the brownie and just tried to enjoy it as memories came back.

When Wednesday said that Toni wasn't as bad as everyone said, Toni wasn't sure whether to take that as a compliment or an insult. It seemed easier for Toni to find a mean comeback but this time Toni didnt' really feel like it. It was just something about Wednesday that reminded Toni so much of her friend back home that it didn't even click to be mean.

"I guess that is a good thing" Toni said letting out a small laugh followed by another laugh. "And you are not" Toni paused "Well actually I haven't heard much about you yet. I guess that is a good thing" Toni said.

Wednesday was glad when Toni let out a laugh. Sometimes well usually when Wednesday says something without thinking it got her into trouble and that was all she needed was to be in trouble with a Slytherin. She had heard that they were the worst house to annoy yet Wednesday was starting to already see the houses as nothing but a way to organize.

"Yeah it's a good thing" Wednesday assured her as she took another bite of the brownie having it get smaller way to fast for her liking. "I don't think people talk about me so much yet" Wednesday said though she leaned closer to Toni for a second as if she was going to tell a secret. Whispering she said "But they will I am a bit of an odd ball" Wednesday leaned back laughing a bit. For some reason she felt so relaxed around Toni even though she didn't know why.

Toni took another bite of her brownie realizing that she only had a few more bites left. It was really a pity. All the good food seemed to disappear too fast while the nasty healthly food seemed to last forever. If only the world would switch that than all would be right. Toni took yet another bite of her brownie smiling a bit for no real reason at all.

As Wednesday leaned in Toni smiled wondering what this was all about. When she said she was an oddball, a grin engraved itself on Toni's face. "Oh really I wouldn't have guessed that at all" Toni said as she looked over at Wednesday not doubting anymore that she knew her from somewhere. It didn't seem possible but it had to be.

"Hey Wednesdayd where did you say you were from again?" Toni asked

Calming down from her small laughing fit, Wednesday smiled brightly still. Most of the people thought she was a odd ball. Even back home she was the odd ball of her friends. It was nice though being the odd one as long as Wednesday wasn't the odd one out. Now that wasn't never a fun spot.

"Oh I'm From Queenstown New Zealand" Wednesday said grinning as she thought about home. "What about you?" She asked finishing up one brownie and licking her fingers. "Oh bother another one won't hurt anyone" Wednesday said standing up and walking over to the cabinet again. She opened it up and pulled out two more brownies.

Sitting back down she handed the second one to Toni.

Toni smiled slightly as she took the last bite of her brownie. She hadn't remembered what it was like to sneak down to the kitchens for junk food since she was back home with her best friend. Memories Toni thought as Wednesday said she was from Queenstown.

"Seriously?" Toni said a bit surprised "Me too" She said know thinking that the must have known each other. It just seemed to fit though it didn't exactly click yet. As Wednesday handed Toni another brownie, she smiled. "God you are going to make me fat" Toni said unwrapping it without another thought.

"I feel like I know you from somewhere though" Toni said trying to push the thought out of mind as she took a bite of her brownie.

Wednesday smiled brightly as Toni took the other brownie. "Girl I dont' think fifty brownies could make you fat" Wednesday said smiling. Though Wednesday wasn't fat at all she did have curves and was proud of them as she was proud of just about everything else about her.

Wednesday took a bite of the brownie loving the chocolate. Though when Toni said she was Queenstown too Wednesday almost choked on her brownie. "Really" Wednesday said a bit surprised though she guessed it was of coarse true.

"I think I do know you" Wednesday said her words having more meaning than just commonly knowing Toni from Hogwarts. It finally had clicked. "Do you have two dogs? one named Shebba and one named Chewy?" Wednesday asked leaping on what she thought.

Toni was not expecting what was going to happen next. It just hadn't seemed possible. Yet since she first met Wednesday here Toni thought it was possible but doubted it highly.

Carefully she took another piece of brownie laughing a bit when Wednesday said that not fifty brownies could make Toni fat. Tell that to my lovely mother Toni thought but didn't say anything. She didn't want to talk about her mother or her family.

When Wednesday asked if Toni had two dogs named Chewy and Shebba it was almost unbelievable. If Wednesday had asked just if Toni had two dogs it would be a common enough question. "Yeah" Toni said a little hesitant "Yeah I do" Toni said holding back a confused look.

It took a moment before Toni let out a small yell "oh my god Wednesday" Toni said smiling "Wednesday how is this possibe" She said can't believing that this Wednesday was the same Wedneday she knew from back home, her best friend. "Oh god you're in Hufflepuff" Toni said rolling her eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back