A Ghostly Day

Arthur

Arthur had been boredly leaning on a wall, or appearing to. The fact is if he had leaned on it at all he would have fallen through it so merely creating the illusion of what would be leaning on a wall. Rain was pouring down, splashing into the puddles that were all already around the pathways in Obsidian Harbor. A Ghostly day in deed, at least thats what the people would call it. Dark, Gloomy, Grey skies, who was Arthur kidding Ghosts did look some what like that. It was beside the point, the fact that people had that little care for those around them was appalling. Then again who was Arthur to say anything, he was a Ghost and in turn Ghost's opinions never really mattered to much.

Looking at some of the People as they moved on by, Arthur's eyes glanced from his ghost like book, back up to the people again. Nothing every interesting happened around in Obsidian Harbor now-days. Maybe Remus needed some help at the Apothecary? Doubtful. letting out a long sigh, Arthur closed his book over and placed it into his right pocket, some what beginning to sing quietly a poem.

"To live as gently as I can;
To be, no matter where, a man;
To take what comes of good or ill
And cling to faith and honor still;
To do my best, and let that stand
The record of my brain and hand;
And then, should failure come to me,
Still work and hope for victory."

The sound was swift and it was soft, enough for any one walking at least slightly close to Arthur to hear it. Anything would do to get some life back into this place, all people came here for now day was shopping. Why couldn't people come and purchase a Ice-Cream, well at least more regularly any way. Why didn't people get lost more often? It was a pleasure to help people out, made Arthur feel at least a little more humane. Who was he kidding, it was pointless to want to feel a little humane, it was like feeding himself false hope. Smiling at some people that walked passed, he noticed them jog off rather quickly. They were two young lad's maybe ten years of age at the oldest, and seeing a Ghost probably wasn't on their To-Do list.

Looking around the area before him, Arthur took his stance once again doing what he did every day when he wasn't needed at the Apothecary, waiting, watching and listening. Observing his surroundings and looking out to see if he would ever be needed out on the streets of Obsidian Harbor again.

((Hope you don't mind Kandee Joinging. She's never seen a ghost :) If you mind, I'll edit my post))

Kandee hadn't slept well over night, and just wanted out of her stuffy house. She felt butterflies as she left in a red halter top and a pair of jeans. She smiled as the rain splashed down on her head, wetting her blond hair. She wished that the day had been sunny, though she loved the rain. She had already sent out an owl to Izumi, canceling the photo shoot.

She decided that the best place to go was obsidian harbor, a place she had been to multiple times before. the cobblestone streets and old buildings, along with the gray sky, made her feel like she was in the 1800's. Just like she had thought it would be, it was beautiful. She could have probably enjoyed it even more, if she hadn't of taken a wrong turn into the wrong place.

She sighed and looked around, her ears picking up on a soft voice, flowing with a poets words. She listened to it, it was so soft that she was suprised to be able to hear it. She looked around, her eyes not seeing the slightly transparent ghost near her. "Who's there?" She asked to no one in particular. "I'm going crazy." She muttered to herself.

She traced her eyes back over the area, and that's when she noticed him. She could see almost completely through the boy who stood before her. His hair was long and unkempt, and he wore an old looking suit. She knew immediately that he was a ghost. She smiled and asked. "Were you the one saying that poem?"

(( It's Fine :D ))

Arthur had noticed the girl jogging on down, his voice continued to say the same thing over and over again. It was a favorite verse of his really, got him through the day despite not being alive. It'd been a long while since some one other then Remus' exchanged words with Arthur, and really the second that the girl saw him she would more then likely run. The sound was clearly a little spooky considering the Girls re-action to his words, and when she questioned who was there, Arthur said nothing. When she spoke the words that 'she was going crazy' Arthur wanted to say that she wasn't but then again how would that sound coming from some one who has been dead since the 1860's.

It had only been a moment and it appeared that the Girl had set eyes upon Arthur. Being the shy Ghost that he was he only watched as she questioned if he was the one saying the Poetic words. Of course he was, it was obvious when there was no one really around any how. It seemed the second the rain had started every one cowered away back into their shop's or houses. It took Arthur a moment or so to muster up the courage to say anything but he knew if he didn't the Girl would more then likely run away. Nodding, his voice was soft and some what shy, "Yes, It was I." he spoke. Anything said that this girl was more in a state of shock seeing a ghost then she was committed to the conversation. The again, Arthur had been wrong before, his negativity was the downfall of half the friendship's he tried to make with the living Wizard of today.

Looking at the girl he noticed she was rather pretty, she had a nice face, a welcoming one, something that told him it was alright to talk to her. She didn't seem to want to be causing any evil, but then again he had only just met the girl. Looking at what she was wearing and what she was doing, Arthur couldn't help but be curious of why she was out on such a day as today. It's not like there was much to do, and it was hardly a day for a nice jog. Maybe in her opinion day's like this were better to jog in then the sunny days. All these questions could be answered but it took Arthur the courage to ask them, something his negative side told him he would never have.

Kandee smiled and awaited the ghost's answer. She had to try hard to keep her giddiness down; she had never before seen a ghost. even back in Durmstrang, she had never seen one. She smiled at him, tilting her head to the side slightly, a curious look in her eyes. As he answered she picked apart his voice, the way he said everything. He was shy, and she could tell that much from it. His voice was soft, and very welcoming in her opinion, not like the other boys she had met. She decided, that if he was a nice ghost, she would probably make a friend out of him. After all, it could have been that strange to have a ghost friend.

"it was a really beautiful verse, did you write it yourself?" She asked him curiously, her pixie-like voice, like charms riding in the wind. She took a closer look at the ghost, and noticed he did not look very old. it was sad to think that he must have died at an extremely young age. Se kept her smile on her face and watched him as he seemed to watch her. She wished that she could know what he was thinking, and had to actually tell herself mentally, not to ask.

She felt a cold wind brush over her shoulder, moving wet strands off her shoulder. She smiled a little and her teeth chattered a bit. "It's cold." She commented. She wasn't exactly sure if a ghost could feel the cold. She might have known, if they taught it in class. But, even if they had taught it, she still wouldn't have known; she never paid any attention to it.

Arthur watched as the girl looked at him rather strange and then began to speak again. It took Arthur a moment before he actually considered responding to what she said, but he did respond.
"No, that wasn't a verse of mine." he smiled to her briefly, none the less it was a slightly sad smile at that. Arthur couldn't help but feel her looking at him more closely then she was before, it was probably the fact that she had noticed his age, something that a lot of people did, at least those who spoke to him any how. What a joyful life he lived.... or should it be Death. Arthur kept his gaze on the girl, he was slowly feeling more and more comfortable, but not yet to the stage of having a long winded conversation.

Watching the Girl it was clear that she was cold, her teeth chattering and her body looking not the slightest warm really. For Arthur it didn't matter, he couldn't feel much, he was always cold. When he passed through people it felt like they had just come out of the warmest shower they ever had and jumped into the most freezing waters ever to exist.
"I don't feel the cold." he spoke simply. There was no point going into detail, the way he described things often didn't make sense to the people that walked the Earth today. Looking at the girl for a moment more, Arthur needed to get the conversation that they were having a little more in-depth, not to much, just slightly.

"Do you live around this Joyful place?" Questioned Arthur in his soft and calm voice, though when he questioned this time, it sounded like he was breaking into a form of song. His voice went from normal to a higher pitched, questioning tone. He didn't notice that he did it at times, but some times when he spoke it would be melodic. He looked at the girl curious of what her answer may be, after all he didn't even know her name, but he wasn't going to ask. If she wanted him to know who she was, she'd probably tell him within the next moment or so.

"Oh, well it's beautiful none the less." She said trying to quail her chattering teeth. By now it was obvious that she was cold; which was a very strange thing for Kandee. She wasn't much for warm weather, and could usually stand in the rain without even flinching from the cold. At the moment though, she was chilled to the bone, a feeling she did not care for at all. She looked away for a second, only to blink the rain out of her eyes and wipe the water from her face.

He said that he could not feel the cold and she nodded. From what she had picked up from her novel's, she knew they would not feel cold. She wondered if it was true that when they walked through you it was cold, too. She didn't have enough guts to ask him if she could step through them, so she just thought a bit more. It was suprising that Kandee was tlaking this boy's ear off, like she normally did. Today she seemed at a loss for words, unable to even really think strait. Then he spoke, making her smile.

his voice this time was a bit higher, it made him seem nervous, though this obviously wasn't the case. It was a very melodic tone, and it made her feel... happy. She was quite shocked at it, the feeling of safety with his voice. She wasn't about to let that show through though, she didn't want him to get the wrong impression of her.
"No, i live a ways away. Over on the country side. But i come here for the amazing ice-cream." She grinned, her white teeth showing brightly. She had always had a horrible sweet tooth, which is what had brought her here, out in the rain. Her sister Cloe, being all health nutty, never really let Kandee have any sweets. And back when she lived with her mom she never got any, because it had too much carbs. Now that she was grown, she decided that lots of ice-cream, couldn't hurt her at all.

"Oh yeah." She said smiling widely. "I almost completely forgot, i'm Kandee, Kandee Roberts." She said extending her hand. Realizing what she had done, she blushed and quickly retracted it. Shaking hands was an old habit that she had, and she wished she could get rid of it sometimes.

Arthur couldn't help but smile at her words, It's Beautiful. Finally he had come into contact with a human being that had the love for the poem he spoke over and over. It was nice to know really, but the fact that whilst she said it she was trying to control her chattering teeth made Arthur feel some what uneasy. It wasn't the best feeling knowing that you were completely comfortable and the people that were around you felt some what cold. Smiling briefly at the girl before him, he pointed his right index finger to a old building; it appeared too have once been a shop long abandoned.
"Come on, Lets go in there... At least you can feel a little warmer." he smiled kindly. Finally Arthur had the chance to be helpful again, a feeling that he had longed for.

Arthur looked at her when she said that she wasn't exactly living in the area, "Oh I See." he smiled to her. It was probably better that she didn't live up this way, a lot of weird Wizard around the parts considering that it was really close to Bleak Street. He couldn't help but smile at the words that followed her explanation of where she lived.
"The Ice-Cream." Smiled Arthur, "Yes, I have heard from every body that it's great. I wish i could taste it myself." he smiled once more. He was actually able to speak some longer sentences now, something that he never did unless he felt that the person before him was at least a future friend.

Looking at the girl before him for a moment more, he heard her speak the name that she went by, Kandee Roberts. Arthur smiled to her, he was pleased that she had introduced herself this far into the conversation, it left room for more talk.
"I'm Arthur. Arthur the Lost Poet." he spoke in his melodic tone once more, when things were about him he often did that. No one ever knew his Sir-Name and probably never would. He was known to every one as The Lost Poet. Looking at the girls hand as it came out in some what a motion to have been shaken, Arthur looked blankly at her tilting his head to the side. He noticed her almost instant retraction and smiled, people always did make mistakes like this.

Arthur was some one who didn't really take peoples mistakes to heart, it was after all Human nature. Letting out a brief sigh, he was curious if the girl would like to go into the abandoned Shop. Some people thought that Arthur was trying to trap them in there and scare them, others knew his intentions were just to help. Smiling kindly to the girl before him he started humming the verse of the poem he had been earlier once again.

"To live as gently as I can;
To be, no matter where, a man;
To take what comes of good or ill
And cling to faith and honor still;
To do my best, and let that stand
The record of my brain and hand;
And then, should failure come to me,
Still work and hope for victory."

She grinned and turned her head slowly to see the shack. She pondered for a moment if she should enter, but she decided that she would go. If he had been a human male, living this close to bleak street, she would have denied; knowing what twisted people lived down there. She smiled at him when he commented about the Ice-Cream, but frowned when he said he wished he could taste it.

"I-I'm sorry." She said, feeling that she might have made a mistake by mentioning it. She was sure ghost didn't like to be reminded that they were dead. She knew, that if she died, she wouldn't want to be reminded of it. She was glad, though, that he was speaking a bit more, it made her feel more comfortable. She smiled at him, her teeth finally ceasing their noise.

After she introduced herself, he did the same. He introduced himself as Arthur The Lost Poet. it was a strange way to put it, but, now that she looked at him, it did suit him. She took a careful look at his features. His eyes were colorless, but the texture of where their must have been color was beautiful by itself. And his hair was very nice, though it was messy. On top of that, his face and hair matched with the style of clothing he wore, which was her favorite part about him.
Before she could retract her hand, she noticed the way he looked at her. It was actually quite adorable. She wouldn't tell him that either. She was sure he would be insulted if she started calling him Arthur the Adorable Ghost, but she giggled a bit at the thought anyways.

She smiled and said, "So how about that building." She started to walk backwards towards it so that she could see him. She could hear the verse again as he hummed it. "Where did you learn it? The verse?" She asked.

Arthur watched at the girl before him turned to look at the building. Her look was at least what appeared to him to be one of thought. It seemed that she was trying to decided whether to go into it or not. None the less Arthur stayed silent and watched her, he wasn't going to pressure her into a warmer zone. Shaking his head at the girl before him, Arthur declined her apology. It wasn't something that was necessary, he wasn't offended after all. It was annoying to be reminded so much that you actually were dead, but then again Kandee didn't imply it that way after all.

Looking at the girl that stood before him, he came to realize that she seemed to be looking at his details, things like his clothes and his hair even his eyes. It was as if the girl was trying to put a name to the Ghost, trying to find out why exactly he was called what he was. It was obvious that it had something to do with the name he had told her he was given. The Lost Poet, something a lot of people wouldn't understand until they did actually take some time to pick up the details of his appearance and Personality really. Arthur paused for a moment where he hovered. One of the best thoughts crossed his mind, and it was that he had finally been talking to a Witch, something he hadn't done in almost two months with the exception of the new Apothecary Shopkeeper.

Arthur hovered over in her direction as she pointed to the building up ahead but said nothing, after all it didn't really matter what building that she wanted to take shelter in, so long as it was shelter it would do.
"It shall do fine." he nodded to her just in case she was seeking a answer with more of a verbal quality. It often was one of the things that made people more comfortable; verbal communication. It wasn't long after they started heading for the building that she asked him yet another question, this time about the Poetic lines he had been saying and humming.
"I don't remember where i gained the Knowledge of this beautiful verse... To many years have passed me by." he nodded to her before continuing, "I believe i had it within my Book that i carry... But I'll never know." he smiled to her kindly. The best thing about being a Ghost was the challenge it possessed of making people comfortable, but when you did it was a comfort not so easily lost.

She smiled, noticing that he seemed to watch her. She wished that she could see him in full color, but she couldn't. She wondered what he looked like when he was alive, or where he lived. He told her the building would do fine, so she walked over to it. She turned the handle, and pushed on the door, but it would not budge at first. She had to try several more times to open it. She pushed it hard, and went through it quickly, landing on her knees. She knew he could walk through walls, so she didn't bother telling him to come in.

She looked around the inside of the building. It was a deserted and old looking place, with some dust on it. There were some cobwebs on the walls, and she looked around for spiders. If there was one thing she hated more then dancing, it was spiders. She looked around and waited for Arthur to come in. A thought came across her mind slowly; did he have to be invited in? She didn't think so, it was something like in her stories if he did. She thought more as she rang out her blond strands of hair, and rang out the bottom of her shirt. As she did this, she thought of more things to say to him, questions that were normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back