A dash here and a dollop there

Kynleigh Davis

OOC First Name
Katie
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Springtime in New Zealand was Kynleigh's favorite time of year. The Gryffindor much preferred being outside if it was nice and today was definitely a nice day. There was a slight breeze blowing and the sun shone brightly which for the thirteen year old was just the recipe for a perfect afternoon. Slipping her feet into her tennis shoes and grabbing her wand and Hucklebee, her green pygmy puff, Kynleigh headed out of her dorm room and out of Gryffindor house. She needed to stretch her legs and take in the nice fresh air.

Once out of the castle the girl took off in a dead sprint, her long legs carrying her all the way to the little secluded area near the lake. Kynleigh liked the area around the rosebush. It was quiet and still had a perfect view of the large body of water. Often the Gryffindor girl would come down here in hopes of getting a glimpse of the giant squid. So far no such luck, but she knew one day she'd get her wish. Plopping down on the ground, she pulled her legs up under her and sat Hucklebee on the ground in front of her. She ran her hand lovingly over his soft green fur. "Hungry?" She pulled a small little treat out of her pocket and he happily took it from her, nudging her hand as he did so.

The slight breeze blew her dirty blond hair all around her face, so to keep it out of her way she pulled it back loosely with an elastic. The sun was warm on her pale skin which made her smile. If it would stay just like this all year long she'd be in hog heaven. Kynleigh played with Hucklebee for a bit, rolling him around on the ground and letting him climb up her slender arms and rest on her head. Giggling she pulled him off and sat him back before her and gently grasped her wand in her hand. Flourishing her wand and saying the incantation she set about to encircling her pet with Blue Bell Flames. He loved them. The small creature squeaked and rolled around carefully in the circle of flames. Kynleigh laughed as she stood and danced around with Huckabee. Anyone to happen upon them would probably think she'd lost her marbles and perhaps she had, but she rather liked it that way. Kynleigh Davis marched to the beat of her own drum and couldn't give two sickles what anyone else thought.

Music in the outdoors, was Elijah's second favourite way of spending time in Hogwarts. The first, which was rather anti-social, was sitting in his dorm room, writing away. He wrote a lot, and it was one the reasons that Elijah had become quite a night owl, that unlike the owl had the memory of a goldfish. Elijah had to admit that he actually didn't mind. His music made him completely different from all others at Hogwarts. It had given him a title of being pretty weird and dorky, but he didn't mind that. He was the kind of guy, who rolled out of bed in the morning, and just went about his day, without much of a care. Elijah didn't even take pride in his appearance. Sure he showered and did the usual things, but his clothes were mess upon the floor, and therefore often cressed. And he didn't bothed brushing his hair most mornings. It gave him a somewhat care free look. And since the start of the year, Elijah had managed to get a little stubble. His father had to told him, that it was pretty natural, but, Elijah couldn't see anyone else in his year with even the tinest bit. He seemed to just be an early bloomer. Which didn't annoy Elijah that much. Because he found that caring about his appearance, took time away from his music. And the things he actually enjoyed doing. Like going outside, and playing guitar. Dancing around like no one was watching. Staring at the pretty girls in the years above him. He swore that most of the people at Hogwarts were part veela. Since they all seemed to him, to be weirdly very good looking. It wasn't something he partically enjoyed. He always found that he looked some what average next to all of them. But, he always reminded himself that they all lacked something that Elijah had. And that was quite simply, the Awesome gene. Elijah always managed to make himself smile. He wasn't sure about others, he actually doubted that to others he'd be at all funny. The hufflepuff found it very unnecessary for others to find him funny, as long he was happy that was all that matter. Friends would be happy that he was happy. Just like he'd be happy if they were happy.

Elijah however today didn't have his guitar with him on that day. He'd decided to take it outside with him. He had left it in the dorm room. Sitting on his bed, secure so that only a very serious earthquake would cause it to fall. His parents had offered to buy him a new guitar, since his had really seen slightly better days, but Elijah had turned it down, only when his guitar was on it's last legs would he consider replacing it. The guitar held a lot of memories that Elijah wasn't ready to just give away. He had had it for close to 7 years, and he wasn't close to considering discarding it. One thing had been bothering Elijah since his return to hogwarts. One person that he'd missed more than anything. Hils, his girlfriend, although he had no idea where she was, or if they were even going out. It made him feel pretty alone, that he didn't have her to turn to whenever he needed to. He discarded these thoughts from his brain as he walked the grounds. Elijah noticed a girl sitting alone with a green puff thing. (Elijah still wasn't too knowledged on all things magical). He looked around him, and made the snap decision to go over and speak to her. He began to walk towards her, and when he was close stopped. He couldn't just walk up to some random girl. He wanted his guitar. His guitar gave him strength and confidence. Come on Elijah, pull it together His mind told him. Elijah nodded to himself before continuing the walk to beside the girl. He wasn't sure what to say. "That's a cute green puff thingy" Elijah felt himself cringe as the words fell from his mouth. "I can't remember what they are called. Sorry. Mind if I sit?" Elijah pointed to the ground next to the girl. "Don't worry I'm not going to bite or anything. Or try to steal the green creature. I'm perfectly sane, took the medication" Elijah gave a small awkward laugh. "Sorry, I'm rambling and I was joking about stealing your pet. No, but really, I'm not insane."

Kynleigh plopped her rear end back on the ground, still laughing as she pulled another treat from her pocket and gave it to her fluffy little green friend. She looked up when she heard a male voice address her and grinned before looking back at her pet and saying, "How about it Huck? Let him sit?" Looking at the boy with her wide brown eyes she replied, "I don't think he has a problem with you joining us and I certainly don't object." The Gryffindor motioned to the patch of grassy earth next to her for him to sit.

With a slight chuckle Kynleigh said, "Sanity is a bit highly overrated if you ask me. Tends to make people boring for the most part, but if you insist on being sane then I suppose that you are completely within your rights." Sending Huckabee rolling around on the ground and extinguishing the Blue Bell Flames the third year tucked away her wand securely and leaned back on her hands looking up at the sky. "You could probably try, but he squeals and shrieks like a banshee when anyone tries to get him too far away from me. Poor little guy has separation anxiety it would seem."

The clouds passed by and the breeze blew gently across the two. Without taking any mind of the present company Kynleigh stretched out on her back with her hands resting behind her head. "I reckon that one looks like a puff of dragon smoke. Or perhaps a little more like my little Pygmy Puff there. Wouldn't you say so," she said thoughtfully. As an after thought she looked at the boy and said, "I'm Kynleigh by the way. It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance."

A smile appeared on his face as the girl allowed him to sit. Well, the girl and the pet, Huck by the sounds of it. He sat down next to her, and smiled. It was always nice to be allowed to sit. He had hoped that he hadn't come off too strong or silly. Without his guitar Elijah always felt less confident. He knew that it was stupid to be like that, but his guitar was really the thing which helped him talk to girls without blushing a deep red. Here he was doing better, mainly as the girl was talking and he had to pay attention to her. He didn't want to appear to be not. It was a rude thing to do. He continued to smile as she took to his jokes well. It was the way things went, either the jokes were good, or they were bad. He was glad that the girl didn't throw them back in his face. Knowing that they were pretty terrible. He hadn't made many friends since coming back to Hogwarts after his break. He'd barely seen the girl, he had called his girlfriend. All in all, it was hard to pick up the pieces of an old life. He looked down at the little creature. "I quite like being able to hear. So, if he shrieks like a banshee, I think I'll have to pass on taking him." Elijah said in a joking tone, even though he really didn't want to not be able to hear. He was a musician and it took time to learn to play through the vibrations an instrument made. Elijah looked to his hands and then placed them on either side of him. Slowly picked at the grass. Watching slightly as she leaned back. Elijah looked up to the sky, and just nodded. A pygmy puff. That was it. He couldn't believe he'd forgotten what the little creatures were. He'd never had one. But, he knew that they were a popular pet to have. He didn't really want one either. With a memory like Elijah's remembering to feed, and take care of an animal was like asking him to keep all his music in the one place. It would never happen. So, he'd avoided buying a pet. Elijah just nodded. It did look somewhat like her little creature. "Yeah, It kind of does" Elijah nodded again, glancing at the cloud and then to the girl. Who introduced herself.

"it's a pleasure make your acquaintance, Kynleigh." Elijah smiled "I'm Elijah. Or Eli, if it's easier. Elijah is such an old name. Makes you think I don't belong in this era. But it is a popular name." Elijah explained. Unsure why he did. it was somewhat pointless. But, he had felt the need to. Elijah readjust how he sat, and then lay down on the grass. Looking up at the sky. He pointed up to a cloud in the bottom left hand corner of his vision. "Don't you think that looks kind of like a guitar. That or a rabbit." Elijah laughed slightly. It was a little to make out the actual shape, how he had his head made it look a little different. He knew how silly it sounded that it looked like a guitar or a rabbit. "Or maybe a badger" Elijah shrugged, smiling as he spoke. He was pretty sure the girl would think him crazy. Or blind. But, he didn't mind. At least he wasn't overcome by nerves.​
<i>
</i>

Elijah. It was indeed an old name, but Kynleigh didn't much mind it. Seemed to suit the boy from what she could tell. When he pointed to a cloud and said it looked like a guitar or maybe a rabbit and then changed and said perhaps a badger she grinned. Cocking her head to one side she said softly, "Rabbit." The Gryffindor cocked her head to the other side and quietly said, "Guitar." With a pensive look she sat up slowly and twisted herself to look at it at a different angle and nodding and said with a dash of confirmation, "Badger." Tapping her fingers slowly on the grass she thought for a moment. "It does seem to take on the shape of all three. Perhaps we could call it a rabdgertar," Kynleigh suggested with a chuckle.

"What house do you belong to? I'm going to guess you're not a Gryffindor, but then of course I'm not exactly the most observant person and could have easily missed you around the common room," she asked curiously. The brunette hadn't exactly ever understood what the big hullabaloo about different houses was all about, but she always found herself curious as to what house her fellow schoolmates had found themselves part of.

Sorry it's not the best...work and a few personal issues seemed to have sucked my creative juices from me for the last week or so :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back