OOC First Name
Kiersten
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curved 15 Inch Unyielding Silver lime Wand with Doxy Wing Core
Tempest wasn't really hungry, but the first week of classes had been stressful along with everything else. So, she grabbed her cookbook and made her way through the portrait, past a prefect looking the other way, and into the kitchens. There was plenty of house elves around still working, but they seemed to be all used to students making themselves at home while they prepped for the following days. Tempest found a table and sat at it, pushing some trays of food aside as she made a spot for her book and opened it. There weren't a lot of recipes in it yet, but there were enough for her to have a bit of variety. Most of them were things her mother taught her, very Italian based, but there were a food her father gave her that she had transcribed from a grandmother she never met's scribbles. Noticing a particular one she'd never tried herself, Tempest started reading through the recipe, wondering if the kitchen would have everything.

Amodeus skipped by and didn't even notice the kitchens.

Kyon always took a little bit to adjust to getting back to school. He felt restless. The school was alive, buzzing with too much energy, and it always took time to acclimate to the vibes thrown off by the castle. He was struggling this year, too, and he'd decided he needed to get some snacks to help calm his nerves so he could get some rest. He almost wished he'd been sorted into Ravenclaw, so he could have Emmanuel or Avery read him to sleep. But unfortunately, he didn't have that luxury. So snacking was his best option. He'd just slipped in when he spotted someone. He waited a minute, brow furrowed. He recognized her, but he couldn't remember from where. "Tempest?" He asked after a moment, inching into the room a little more. Tempest sounded right.

Tempest wasn't sure the recipe she was looking at was one that she wanted to work on that night. It seemed a little too complex, and she wasn't sure the house elves would be able to help her with some of the more unique ingredients. The Slytherin turned the page and looked at the next recipe, hearing someone speak to her shortly afterwards. She looked up, remembering the face but unsure where she had met him. "Yeah.... Ken, right?" she asked, thinking that might be his name.

Amodeus is driving the unseen hands behind him up the wall.

Kyon laughed lightly, leaning in and folding his arms on the counter, looking to try and see what she was doing. "Almost. Kyon," He countered, propping his chin in his hand. "Whatcha doing?" He questioned. "I just popped in for snacks. Need help?" He offered with a wide smile.

Tempest nodded as Kyon corrected her, a name she was surprised she forgot. However, with everything going on in her life, it wasn't that surprising. "Right. I am still deciding what I want to make, although it's not really a snack," she said, as she was looking at making a full meal. "What kind of snacks were you gonna snag?"

Kyon shrugged at her question. "Hadn't decided yet. I help my mom cook, though, I can help out," He gave her an easy smile. "My mom cooks like, a lot of pastas and stuff, like desserts, but I'm totally cool with cutting veggies and sauteeing stuff, mom always has me handle prep," He straightened, stretching before moving to wash his hands. "What were you thinking about making? Like a genre or something?" He asked, looking for more information.

Tempest kept looking through book as Kyon spoke to her, not quite listening to what he was saying. It seemed to be a familiar state for her this semester, having bigger things to focus on. She happened upon a soup recipe, something that seemed comforting right now, but it also seemed like too much work. She wanted something simple and turned the page, finding an easy enough salad that still had the flavors of home. "We're making food, not listening to music," she spat, finding his use of the word genre annoying for some reason and then pointed to the page. "I'm gonna make this," Tempest said matter of factly, acknowledging a tomato and cucumber salad that, when mixed with the perfect amount of dill, was a very tasty and easy snack. "You're not one of those kids who doesn't like vegetables, are you?" she continued, pushing herself up as she looked around for a bowl and cutting board.

Kyon chuckled. "Sure, but genre is more fun to say," He countered, moving over to look at the cookbook. "Oh, that does look good," He offered. He'd been thinking of going vegetarian, but he enjoyed meat sometimes- and besides, he didn't know enough about vegetables to be able to live off of them. He chuckled at her question, unfazed by her crankiness. "Nah, I love em," He offered, leaning against the counter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back