A contact from New Zealand

Koaru Koshiba

OOC First Name
Eden
Wand
Broken
Koaru Koshiba had not been in New Zealand in what seemed like months. His adoptive daughter, Eden seemed to be doing much better in school than the girl who had been his daughter had ever done. There was something he missed about her a certain drive to make things go her way. It didn’t matter much now anyway. There were things that needed to be taken care of and none of them involved Eden or his good for nothing son Tohoru. He was here in New Zealand to meet with the daughter of one of the people who handled his investments.

That being said it was only natural that the cool eyed man brought a guard of no more than fifteen men. They were all spread out throughout the Poison Ater, hidden in plain sight as always. If anyone came in and looked at him at the table they would have thought that he was alone. Koaru was never traveled alone though. He had too many enemies for him to do such a thing. Not so many in New Zealand but still it was better to be safe than sorry. With his legs crossed and cigar smoke unfurling on to the ceiling he waited to see what all this was about.

Cynthia was more then a bit annoyed that she had to leave France in order to come back and meet this man, being a pureblood there were certain obligations she had to hold for her family. Her father had arranged a meeting with another pureblood that was supposed to be very wealthy, if everything turned out the way her father wanted then she would end up married to this man. Walking down Bleak Street she couldn't help but begin to question her father's judgment considering how run down and deserted the street appeared to be. Cynthia knew that there were bad things hiding in the street but she didn't mind since she was of pure blood which meant that nothing would hurt her.

Entering the Poison Ater and began looking around and saw the man, Cynthia was more then surprised to see the Asian man smoking the cigar especially since there was no one else around. Cynthia figured that the man she was supposed to meet hadn't shown up yet as she walked over to a table and sat down. Pulling out a silver pocket watch Cynthia looked at the time, she was only a few minutes early but she still felt a bit angry that the man she was supposed to meet hadn't shown up yet. Cynthia only knew that his last name was Koshiba and that he was supposed to be here for a meet and greet sort've deal, if everything went okay they were to be married, though Cynthia wasn't sure if she wanted to change her name to Koshiba.

Koaru watched as a rather attractive woman walk into the Poison Ater but wasn't all that sure if it was his 'bride to be'. He did make sure that they along with his men would be the only ones in the bar because of the nature of their conversation. He walked over bowed at at the woman. "Ms. Vandervoort I presume." He said. His voice was smooth and cool, very practiced after years of studying English. Everything about Koaru spoke of Japan except for his eyes. Crystalline blue eyes spoke of mixture somewhere in the Koshiba line but no one was willing to argue the puretiy of blood with Koaru Koshiba.

Koaru gave Cynthia a cool smile but was ready to leave if this wasn't her. He was a very rich man but he was also a very busy. Running a criminal empire on his own was tiring no matter what people thought. He had a meeting to get to after this. Meeting with his future bride was nothing more to him than another business meeting in it's self.

Cynthia tried not to notice as the man began walking over towards her, after all she didn't normally associate with Asians and couldn't see her father as trying to set her up with one the thought alone was embarrassing enough. It seemed however that he was intent on speaking to her as he bowed towards her as if they were in Tokyo or something. Cynthia looked at the man concealing the look of horror that was held in her heart at the thought that this was not going to be enjoyable if this man was indeed Mr. Koshiba, she was definitely going to have to give her father a call. How could he just set her up with someone that was so... complexioned challenged, he was far to dark for her. Looking into his eyes however she couldn't help but find her pursed lips smile slightly. They were bright blue and gave Cynthia a feeling that there might be hope for this man yet, with the proper skin bleaching charm.

"Good Afternoon, you must be Mr. Koshiba" Cynthia said as she stood up and took the man's hand wishing that she had worn some gloves. She had to admit though that she did like his voice and the fact that there wasn't a hint in it that said he was foreign. "I apologies for taking a seat so far away, however it is customary in my country that the man should make the first move" Cynthia said with a smile though a large part of her was hoping that this man was Mr. Koshiba's assistant or something, if for whatever reason she did marry this man she was definitely going to have to keep her maiden name so that not too many people knew that she was married to a less then desirable man. If her friends found out she hadn't married some white man who wasn't at least twenty years older then her she would just die.

Scanning Cynthia he could see a few flaws in her as well. Her skin was the white of snow as he prefered but her hair was like corn when most of his lovers had raven black hair or at least darkened it to that shade after they found out that he liked it. Cynthia also seemed to be strong willed when again the Koshiba household (the one that he inhabited anyway) had seen woman who where little more than his puppets do to with what he pleased until her got bored of them. Still Cynthia held the promise of a stronger bond with her father. A good man of considerable fortune Mr. Vandervoort was the one that made sure that all his accounts where untraceable.

Koaru took her hand, shook it once then kissed the back of it before he took a seat at her table. This was not what he had expected but it could still work. "I am." He said hearing the notes of distaste in her voice. This was somewhat knew in Koaru's experience because he usually was able to pick from whatever woman he wanted. Mattered little to Koaru weather she liked him or not. This arraingement had nothing to do with love. "Understood. It is the mark of a proper woman to keep to her costums as it is the mark of pureblood." He said while holding his hand up. A waiter came with a drink for him. The waiter knew what he wanted because Koaru was friends with the owner of the bar and he had made sure that they knew what he liked to drink. If there was anything that Koaru hated was incompetence.

A bonus was that Cynthia seemed to keep to what she was taught. It was make things go a lot smoother or so he hoped. "Would you like anything to drink?" He asked her while placing his elbow on the arm of his chair and placing a single finger on his temple. His eyes seemed to be parching Cynthia rather than just watching her.

"Just water thank you" Cynthia said with a smile as she continued to look Koshiba over, he seemed a bit annoying and arrogant but Cynthia was just the same so she had to admire that somewhat. "So Mr.Koshiba, tell me a little about yourself" Cynthia said with another smile as she crossed her right leg over her left and crossed her fingers as though appraising the man in front of her when she was actually thinking about when she would be able to go back to France and continue her shopping. Some might call her shallow and Cynthia probably wouldn't disagree because she was perfect in every way and was therefore allowed to be shallow, she was supposed to be marrying this man so she had to be extra shallow and know as much about him as she could.

There would be alot of time to discuss things but Cynthia wanted to keep things simple for now and make the best impression that she could despite the fact that this man was below desirable. Cynthia wondered what he would expect out of her, whether she would be require to change her maiden name and how many heirs he might want. These were all small details that her father and Mr. Koshiba would likely sort out however she still wanted to know for her own right. Koshiba seemed like a man that got everything he wanted which would definitely clash with Cynthia's own personality since she too was used to getting what she wanted. This would probably only be a minor nuisance at the most though, Cynthia would just have to charm him like she did with others.

Koaru could tell that this would have to be worked out. He wasn't entirely sure that Cynthia would be willing to or worthy of baring the Koshiba name. Which it was he hadn't yet decided. Again he raised his hand and a waiter came with a glass of water for Cynthia. He gave Koaru only the shortest look before nearly running away. Koaru nearly laughed out loud thinking that the staff of the Poison Ater would be used to his kind coming around. He would have to talk to his friend about the staffing of his bar. "I am owner on C.E.O of the Japan branch of Wizerding Sports International as well as part share holder of a few other wizarding companies all pureblood owned and operated. I also have a son and a daughter so you may not have to worry about ruining yourself too soon if that is one of you concerns." Koaru said.

If he where a little more willing he would have presented her with something like a Jade pendent or something more magnificent from the collections that his family owned but he thought that it was too soon for such things. That and from just looking at Cynthia it seemed like she had much more expensive tastes. "You are a writer that much you father has told me that much but tell me more about you." He said with another cool smile at Cynthia. He was usually the one doing the charming so having it be the other way around was some what amusing to Koaru.

"I wouldn't describe myself as a writer" Cynthia said with a slight smirk, "I'm more of an Investigative Journalist for the Daily Prophet, I find people's dirty laundry and air it out for everyone to see" Cynthia said matter of factly as though being a Gossip Columnist was actually like being an Auror. "I have quite a following in fact rumor has it, the owner of the Daily Prophet himself is a fan" Cynthia said smiling brightly, ever since Matthews was promoted to Editor Cynthia had been a bit nervous as to whether or not the filthy little half blood would actually fire her, luckily the owner had spoken with Matthews and saved Cynthia from the dreaded pink slip that would've shut her back in the closet of nonrecognition and mediocrity. Cynthia did alot of bad things but she didn't deserve a fate like that, after all she was a star in the Wizarding world and came from a highly respected Wizarding Family proof of that alone was the man sitting in front of her.

Koshiba may have been hideously Asian but he was a CEO and seemed to have money and power, something that could easily help Cynthia overlook his less then attractive qualities. Besides it wasn't like they were actually deluding themselves with the notion that they were in love, they were simply business partners that would have to play house. "Everything else you probably know from my father but..." Cynthia leaned in slightly and smile "As for the ruining myself, I assure you Mr. Koshiba kids or no kids I'll always be perfect" Cynthia said as she straightened herself back up and took a sip of water. Cynthia prided herself on being a picture of attractiveness and would never give that up for anything and if it required her to do a thousand more crunches a day she was going to keep her perfect body even if she did have little half breed children with Mr. Koshiba.

Koaru looked at Cynthia with new interest. So she knew how to find out a secret but it didn't seem like she was good at keeping them. The Koshiba power came from letting only the right truths come out into the open. Or the withholding of certain truths. Then again it wasn't like Cynthia would be involved in his kind of business. She was a writer after all and that was what she was good at. He remembered where he had heard of Cynthia before. One of his girlfriends had been a big fan of her's in Japan where the paper was translated by a spell.

Koaru would see what happened. "There is also the matter of Japanese tradition. Though it is known that marriage in the Families almost never equals love we are going to have to give the impression of a happy engagement." He said. Koaru did have to admit that Cynthia did keep herself in mint condition. Then again he was used to looking at woman like her. Well not exactly like her. Again none of them where blond. He took a sly look at his watch then got up. "I have to be in China not too long from now. There are a few things to take care of before going back to Japan. I look forward to talking wedding plans with you Ms. Vandervoort. Rest assured that there will be no limit if money is concerned." He said then swept out of the bar. Not far behind him exited what seemed like shadows in the trench coats that they where waring. The only color to them was their skin which was white as snow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back